GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Do you guys get stupid looks by woman in your GS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-02, 05:27 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hehheh, women usually gawk when they see all my electronics in the interior. I do have advantages here in the east coast because around here there are not too many hooked up GS's like there is in the west coast. If it wasn't for the bad roads, I would of definately got a bodykit. So the most extreme I can do is dubs and coilovers for exterior cosmetics (not including little things like aftermarket grill, exhaust etc.. but no bodykit).
Old 09-15-02, 05:56 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Mike,

Don't worry. You're the one in the Lexus. She's the one who has to walk.
Old 09-15-02, 09:12 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: I can relate

Originally posted by Lev
I'm a 31 year old going on 23 and I have gotten some comments from co workers in the past like, "you make way to much money to be driving a car like that". My response is usually a smile and I politely point out the lack of a wedding ring and no children. Hey, if I'm single I'm taking full advantage of the Low overhead and treating myself to what makes me happy.

Pimpin ain't easy and it ain't cheap either!!!!

I just tell my co-workers and clients that it's my wife's car and I have a sugar mommy of a wife! She does the same and says it is my car to her co-workers too. It works both ways!

Old 09-16-02, 12:51 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Do you guys get stupid looks by woman in your GS?

Originally posted by Mike D.
Just wondering what the guys out there, think about this topic.
It seems to me like I always find woman checking out my GS. It doesn't really bother me at all but, it does seem like they automatically assume that your loaded or some rich little brat. I'm 30 years old but, everyone tells me that I look around 22-23 years old. The reason for me bringing this up is because, I was driving down a main street today and noticed a good looking women in her late 20's checking out the GS. So, I rolled down the window and smiled at her. She then looked at me and gave me a really stupid look like she was disgusted that I was a kid and had such a nice car. It pissed me off but, I was like,"Screw her." Have any of you guys had this happen to you? I know that there are quite a few younger guys on the forums and was wondering if you guys also get these dumb looks. Thanks, Mike D.
it works the other way too. men give dumb looks and drive off as well. :eek:
Old 09-20-02, 10:44 PM
theseth
Rookie

Default sick ride

i turn 20 in oct and i drive a done up gs4 and get dirty looks all the time but it is prob. the way i drive becuase my windows are too tinted to see inside.

Just tint your windows if you do not want dirty looks, it keeps people wondering who is in the car.
Old 09-21-02, 10:48 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

27 look 20... My main problem is the dealership.... they give me no respect! When ever I go to pick up my car after service, they always say "you had the ES, right!" (everytime) and I get offended!
Women don't seem to like the GS as much as the guys! GS is definetely a guy's car in my opinion. (I get no looks )
Old 09-21-02, 05:03 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

im 18...

most of the time when weather allows.. i have my windows down... people look... Chicks look... (who dosent look?)

regular.... Jaws Drop..... and when the see me.. they give a thumbs up..... lotta people say "nice car" and i say... "yeah, Thanks" or "yeah, its alright" haha they R like WTF????.... its alright??..... its baddass.... and thats when they give me a weird look ... lol after i say "its alright"

i guess Dallas/Texas people got Love for GS owners
Old 09-21-02, 05:16 PM
kuruption213
Pole Position

Originally posted by KILLERGS4
27 look 20... My main problem is the dealership.... they give me no respect! When ever I go to pick up my car after service, they always say "you had the ES, right!" (everytime) and I get offended!
Women don't seem to like the GS as much as the guys! GS is definetely a guy's car in my opinion. (I get no looks )
this is my problem as well no respect from the dealer, killergs4 it may be a MD thing.
Old 09-21-02, 05:34 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by JRK

dont you mean avatar.

mike d, theres just some stupid *** girls out there man, dont worry about it. dont let it pull your confidence down. cmon...you drive a LEXUS GS remember.
LOL she got scared
Old 09-21-02, 05:35 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

DIESELMAN63:

where in new york are you?
Old 09-22-02, 09:16 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
Hehheh, women usually gawk when they see all my electronics in the interior. I do have advantages here in the east coast because around here there are not too many hooked up GS's like there is in the west coast. If it wasn't for the bad roads, I would of definately got a bodykit. So the most extreme I can do is dubs and coilovers for exterior cosmetics (not including little things like aftermarket grill, exhaust etc.. but no bodykit).
DIESELMAN63,

It's all you my friend. Believe it! They don't even notice the GS when you're around!