GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Do you guys get stupid looks by woman in your GS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-02, 10:50 PM
Mike D.
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Do you guys get stupid looks by woman in your GS?

Just wondering what the guys out there, think about this topic.
It seems to me like I always find woman checking out my GS. It doesn't really bother me at all but, it does seem like they automatically assume that your loaded or some rich little brat. I'm 30 years old but, everyone tells me that I look around 22-23 years old. The reason for me bringing this up is because, I was driving down a main street today and noticed a good looking women in her late 20's checking out the GS. So, I rolled down the window and smiled at her. She then looked at me and gave me a really stupid look like she was disgusted that I was a kid and had such a nice car. It pissed me off but, I was like,"Screw her." Have any of you guys had this happen to you? I know that there are quite a few younger guys on the forums and was wondering if you guys also get these dumb looks. Thanks, Mike D.
Old 09-14-02, 10:52 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

I have a tag that allows me to park where the professors park next on campus at Auburn University. People with regular tags have to park in a big lot far away.

Sometimes when I get in my car and backup, some professor will give me the "eat ****" look. One for taking up their spot. Two for what I'm driving and because I'm 18.
Old 09-15-02, 12:31 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mike..

well, i can sort of relate to what your are saying as i am in my mid 30s and (always got told)looked like i am only 25-27 yr-old...not sure what was the exact reaction of that lady...but, if that is indeed how she felt...then all i can say is "NEXT"....:eek: there is waaayy too many women out there....and i mean pretty ones....

it is totally uncalled for when you smiled at her first and she had such reaction..heck, it is a friendly gesture, can't people be more polite and friendly nowdays....
Old 09-15-02, 12:43 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,660 Posts
Default Re: Do you guys get stupid looks by woman in your GS?

Originally posted by Mike D.
... I was driving down a main street today and noticed a good looking women in her late 20's checking out the GS. So, I rolled down the window and smiled at her. She then looked at me and gave me a really stupid look like she was disgusted that I was a kid and had such a nice car.
Maybe she just thought you're ugly.

Or maybe she thought, "eww, there's a 30 year old guy who thinks he's 22-23!"

Last edited by bitkahuna; 09-15-02 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-15-02, 12:48 AM
ceoart
Pole Position

Did you give the same smile as in your signature logo? :eek:
Old 09-15-02, 01:25 AM
JRK
Pole Position

Originally posted by ceoart
Did you give the same smile as in your signature logo? :eek:
dont you mean avatar.

mike d, theres just some stupid *** girls out there man, dont worry about it. dont let it pull your confidence down. cmon...you drive a LEXUS GS remember.
Old 09-15-02, 01:43 AM
geees300
Driver

Talking

I'm in my late 30's but have been mistaken under age in many situations. Especially when I'm driving my geees300 and they assume I'm driving around with my sisters in the back seat. I must say it's kinda fun...must be that oriental silk skin or the membership in pond's care institute...ha ha ha.
Anyway take it as complement @ least you can scope different age group of women.
Old 09-15-02, 01:54 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by brendanlim
I have a tag that allows me to park where the professors park next on campus at Auburn University. People with regular tags have to park in a big lot far away.

Sometimes when I get in my car and backup, some professor will give me the "eat ****" look. One for taking up their spot. Two for what I'm driving and because I'm 18.

I can relate to that. When I was in PSU (University Park) last year, I used to always park in private spots and sporadically pay $15 fines. Not becasue I thought I was the alpha and the omega, but getting to lab any other way would be a nightmare (especially after hours) and the total cost of the tickets always added up to less than the best parking pass money could buy. It was simple economics. Guess some of the professors didn't like that very much
Old 09-15-02, 12:40 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Originally posted by JRK

dont you mean avatar.

Next time cast a spell over them.
Old 09-15-02, 01:38 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

I guess it could be worse. You can be like me, 25, and I get tagged for being around 30. I guess the thinning of hair on the top of my head causes that. If a girl thinks you are some kid with a nice car and brushes you off, her loss. Just keep on driving til the next girl comes by and smiles back. When I get the dumb look, I just laugh to myself and drive away.
Old 09-15-02, 02:38 PM
LexFather

I dunno, I get compliments from lot's of older women. They say very clean and not overdone (maybe cause ain't much done to it)

Then again, I think they want to have sex with me. That is just me though...
Old 09-15-02, 03:20 PM
ShowGSLuVv
Lexus Test Driver

Dont u wish u could have threw an egg at her face right as soon as she gave that dirty look??
Old 09-15-02, 03:23 PM
Lev
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool I can relate

I'm a 31 year old going on 23 and I have gotten some comments from co workers in the past like, "you make way to much money to be driving a car like that". My response is usually a smile and I politely point out the lack of a wedding ring and no children. Hey, if I'm single I'm taking full advantage of the Low overhead and treating myself to what makes me happy.

Pimpin ain't easy and it ain't cheap either!!!!

Old 09-15-02, 03:59 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,660 Posts
Default Re: I can relate

Originally posted by Lev
I'm a 31 year old going on 23 and I have gotten some comments from co workers in the past like, "you make way to much money to be driving a car like that".
That can be interpreted a different way, that you should be driving something MORE expensive like a Ferrari.
Old 09-15-02, 05:09 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

You guys have no idea...

I'm 22 and I have a tricked out 2001 BMW that I drive every other day too....try rollin like that to school....

Quick Reply: Do you guys get stupid looks by woman in your GS?