GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Need opinion on paint job color. . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-02, 03:24 AM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinion on paint job color. . .

Hey everyone! ! Well im thinking about painting my car a whole different color. What do you guys think about the graphite color on a GS3? As of now, the car is silver. The reason why im asking for opinions is that i have the WIN racing kit and was wondering if I should just paint it silver or paint the whole car a new color. Here is what i think, silver make your car look clean and reflects more sunlight (which is a good thing living in SoCal, the heat can be intense sometimes). The graphite is an awesome color but when you get a little scratch, it is easily seen. Since the color is a dark color, it can get really hot. My sister's Lexus IS is in the graphite color and i just love the color.

Im not going to paint my car anytime soon because i want to get everything done at once. My kit is just laying here in my garage, L-Tuned shocks and springs still in the box. . waiting on news about the HRE 540s and of course, Stage 3 turbo kit. . ! ! So when everything is gathered, i want to take a before and after picture of the final product. . it'll be cool. . well any suggestions would be appreciated. . .
Old 09-19-02, 03:28 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like your GS is very new...keep the factory silver...win kit looked awesome painted silver
Old 09-19-02, 04:26 AM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

Thanks gs4will for your opinion. Yeah, i think the kit does look good in silver and the car is fairly new, i got it as a christmas gift. .
Old 09-19-02, 01:59 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

acoording to several good body shops here in LA, they all said that lexus has one of the best paint in the business..even my buddy who drives nothing but Benz thinks that lexus paint is waayy better than benzs'...just hate to see you waste a perferctly good paint...if there is hugh damage, that would be another story
Old 09-19-02, 04:11 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't do it! I personally prefer silver over grey. Besides, it's going to cost like 3G's to get a decent paint job. That's money better spent else where. Graphite is a dull black!!!
Old 09-20-02, 02:40 AM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

Yeah i do agree that the silver will show more details on the kit instead of the graphite color. I also agree with gs4will about Lexus paint, i know that their paint is awesome and one of the best. About painting the whole car, i got hook ups on that so i dont need to worry about that. My neighbor owns a Body shop and have been hooking me up for the longest. The only thing i would have to pay for is the paint itself. . He's a nice guy. Many of their project cars are high-end models, like Vipers, NSX and many others.
Well thanks for all the response. . .