GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

completely screwed on eBay!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-11, 01:32 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tein-...Q5fAccessories

So after reviewing the auction I don't really see the problem. You read what he wrote, he bought them used for real cheap and never used them and didn't guarantee anything. The pictures were posted and you could see what was on or not on them and should have asked all specific questions before hand.

As an ebay seller I've had people just buy stuff like they never even read the listing or buy-it-now and then ask some questions about the item after the closed my auction.

When buying used, you need to hash out every detail before you bid.

What I see is you got a set of Tein's for less than half what they sell for new, even including the inflated shipping charge, and if it cost another $160 to get all the parts I think it is still a great deal as long as shocks are in good shape and not blown. Yet again if they are it's not the sellers fault the ebay contract states no guarantee...

I don't want to sound harsh, as I do hope all this works out for you.
Old 07-29-11, 01:39 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by buckwhite
I dont think he stands a chance of winning this claim.
What is listed in an ebay ad is a contract that the seller must stick to. And he stated to ask questions, and that he would send more pictures, just ask to. (did you ask for more pictures to see what's included?) And it also states no returns.

Ebay is more lenient towards the buyer usually, but I would say it's not as clear cut as you make it sound.

"THIS AUCTION IS NO RESERVE and is for TEIN SS Super Street Series Coilivers. These coilovers were never installed on my car. I bought them for $600 used, but then bought my CS coilovers and put them on. THey look to be in good shape but I can not guarantee it. Please feel free to contact me regarding any questions or if you would like more/different pictures. Thanks for looking and good luck bidding."
Old 07-29-11, 01:45 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

frmo ebay regarding used,,

"Used

An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

so the question is.. is it fully operational as is? and is functioning as it is intended? if so then u might be outta luck and if it isnt then u might be in the clear.
Old 07-29-11, 01:48 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

99_GS3 is correct, you should have asked all the questions before buying. The add clearly states he never acutally use the item and can not guarantee it.
Old 07-29-11, 02:25 PM
buckwhite
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but read vwynns comment...He put it was in used condition, which mean is shows cosmetic wear but fully functional. I cant install these things the way they are cause they wont function properly. If you saw the stream of emails we sent back and forth you way understand more
Old 07-29-11, 02:35 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

Well you never posted them, all we see is what you posted and what was on the auction, we are just posting what we see as a 3rd party. Dont get all offedned that we did not agree with you 100%, just giving you another point of view from the outside.
Old 07-29-11, 02:54 PM
buckwhite
Driver

plus it says im selling a "set" not an incomplete set..they say..look to be in good shape, he didnt mention the spring perches were basically broken. so unless i bought this from a blind person, it doesnt take much to notice that the pieces were messed up and mention it. by the way, pictures of stuff does not mean anything, especially to eBay. Basically its false advertising, If they were blown that would be one thing, but I cant even install them to see if theyre blown, so you cant really say its a set!
Old 07-29-11, 03:04 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Everything is up to interpretation, and this is why it is the buyers responsibility to ask all questions before hand.

Because to me a complete "set" would only really imply that there are 4 coilovers. Now if the term complete "kit" was used then I might would 'assume' it would be every single item included from the factory package.
Old 07-29-11, 03:16 PM
buckwhite
Driver

now we're just getting into tomaaaato/tomahhhhto. Regardless...its a misleading ad, its a crappy thing to do to someone...This is the first thing Ive ever bought off eBay, I wasnt aware there was a protocol of how many questions Im supposed to ask. And now Im the chump because I just got screwed out of 450 bucks by some shady piece of crap. Im not made of money, I had to save up money cause I just wanted to lower my car a little bit and now I have to go through weeks of BS, just to attempt to get this rectified!!
Old 07-29-11, 03:36 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

Who in the right mind would sell coilovers for that cheap anyways? He says he bought them for $600; why would he sell them for 1/2 the price? Clearly, he bought these coils, swapped a few components onto another set of coilovers, and sold what's left over. I don't see what's wrong here?
Old 07-29-11, 03:46 PM
buckwhite
Driver

What do you mean "I dont see whats wrong here"?
Old 07-29-11, 03:48 PM
fastryan
Driver

buyers remorse is the worst. I no longer buy used parts for anything unless i know the seller VERY well. sorry e bay bastard sellers.. you wont get me again.
Old 07-29-11, 04:12 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

just contact ebay and have paypal maybe freeze the account before say... he withdraws all the money and closes his account... which has happen before to me. got scammed once -_-..

but yea best of luck and update us.
Old 07-29-11, 04:20 PM
buckwhite
Driver

good idea...thanks man!!
Old 07-29-11, 05:06 PM
buckwhite
Driver

JUST HAD A HALF HOUR CONVERSATION WITH EBAY AND PAYPAL, Talk about awesome customer service!!! The guy looked over my stuff, said if I cant come to a resolution with this guy, I should have no problem getting this in my favor. He definately made me feel way more at ease with this whole situation, and explained to me the entire process of disputes and claims...Thanks for everyones feedback whether good or bad!

Quick Reply: completely screwed on eBay!!!