GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

completely screwed on eBay!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-11 | 05:14 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm... If it costs $160 for all the parts you need, you should have him refund you only the $160 so you can get the parts you are owed. And since he asked retarded shipping, I think thats the way to settle it. The seller still makes a small profit and you get a cheap set of good coilovers.

BTW, a tightly packed box should only cost about $30 to ship (or less) depending on weight.
Old 07-29-11 | 05:19 PM
RLGS300
Lead Lap

suspension parts always should be bought new unless you confirm the used parts in first hand. Finding someone who isnt trying to make a quick dollar on ebay is tough, therefore i try to stay away from used things on ebay and usually i try to avoid it in general. Lesson learned! hopefully everything works out for you
Old 07-29-11 | 05:32 PM
buckwhite
Driver

haha yeah I know..he sent it in two boxes and the post office puts the price on it anyway..it was $34 a box...oh did I mention he shipped both of them in Depends adult diaper boxes? retarded....he asks a stupid shipping price so he can gaurantee himself some more money
Old 07-29-11 | 07:40 PM
tinman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JiBBeL
Hope ya learned a valuable lesson. Some things should not be bought online sight-unseen. Used coilovers are not an exception ಠ_ಠ
Why is it what whenever the subject of eBay comes up everyone on this forums jumps to blame the victim?
Old 07-29-11 | 08:29 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by buckwhite
What do you mean "I dont see whats wrong here"?
Other than the skeptical shipping price, I don't see anything wrong with the ad.
Old 07-29-11 | 11:43 PM
buckwhite
Driver

thanks tinman...i dont care what any of you say at this point....i talked to eBay, and as far as they are concerned, I am the victim, and the seller is a scumbag! if nyone had some integrity and not trying to make an easy buck, lexus owners wold be way better off!!
Old 07-30-11 | 12:33 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

I wonder if he knows it didn't come with top mounts either ....
Old 07-30-11 | 02:28 AM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Well it's good that it's getting resolved but IMO it's ur fault. Pictures r there
Old 07-30-11 | 03:40 AM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

All bad! I'm dealing with something right now! I haven't bought from ebay in over a year, but I couldn't find Philips Silver Vision 7440 bulbs anywhere else that didn't seem like the site was eh.

The description "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details."

I got an appeared to be used, opened, and a 2/10th of an inch scratch on one of the bulbs. At least he was honest that it comes in its original packaging(assuming its even the correct bulb in there). He assured me the product was unopen and all that good stuff, which clearly it wasn't. He replied back saying I will get a full refund since the price wasn't so much and I wouldn't have to return the item. Day 2 still waiting on the refund.

Anyways, I hope things turn out for the best. Ebay
Old 07-30-11 | 07:09 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

i dont care what any of you say at this point....
Old 07-30-11 | 07:20 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

^^^^^ Don't give me that attitude, now go to your room. Maybe next time you'll stop and think before you act!
Old 07-30-11 | 07:23 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

About everyone questioning the shipping charges, he clearly listed $150 to ship, yes it is way more than it will cost. But if it's not fair don't bid.

It's very common and ebay is working to change the rules about shipping. Sellers will sell something for a $1.00 then charge $50 to ship. They do this to get around paying the Final Value Fee percentage to ebay when the item sells, because shipping rates are not part of the calculation. But ebay is in the process of changing this to just charge a FVF on the entire auction price including shipping to get back all the money they are losing and to encourage fair or free shipping charges.

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
Hmm... If it costs $160 for all the parts you need, you should have him refund you only the $160 so you can get the parts you are owed.
I think this is a fair solution. As you'll lose the money to ship it back for a refund anyway, it's still a good deal for some tein's, get the money just for the parts you need and rock them. This way you'll have everything and at the same cost you intended to spend in the first place. And you don't have spend time waiting to find a another good deal.

Last edited by 99 GS3; 07-30-11 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-30-11 | 07:42 AM
starfyrels
Account under Legal Action - Banned

I got the coilovers for less then half of the price new, id rather not post the actual ad, for obvious reasons, but i saved our emails, I dont think he stands a chance of winning this claim. If I had to ship them back to him its at my cost I understand. But Im curious...he set a shipping price of $150...do I get all the money I spent back? and then it just costs me to ship it back to him, cause I know damn well it doesnt cost $150 to ship this stuff!!
I don't know what you expected for $4xx - those coilovers brand new are over a grand. You get what you pay for. He stated he doesn't know if they're good.
Old 07-30-11 | 07:45 AM
buckwhite
Driver

Anybody that says "well didnt you look at the pictures?" is just wrong. Yeah I looked at them, and in the pictures theres a few rims, another set of CS coilovers, some other crap...should I contct the seller and ask why i didnt get all that stuff too? Half the coilovers on eBay that are advertised, in the picture, arent the actual coilovers you would get. I thought these forums were to help each other out? Theres shady people out there sellin misleading stuff...and Im getting crap for it?
Old 07-30-11 | 08:05 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Hey buck, I know it's upsetting. Don't think I or the others are trying to down you too bad.

I can't speak for the others, but I am a bit biased as I've been selling on ebay since 1999 and have maintained %100 the entire time. I have had issues and claims both ways as a buyer and seller, and every single one we came to a conclusion without letting ebay/paypal decide. (once you open a claim you get x amount of days to work it out before ebay makes a decision for you)

You said yourself this is the first time you've used ebay, unfortunately you're getting a crash course. But what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger right?!

What I and a couple others are trying to iterate, is that although you are missing some parts and you don't feel you were done right, YOU DID GET A GOOD DEAL FOR THE MONEY YOU PAID.

There is a reason there were 32 bids and you won them at ONLY $380 plus Ship. If they were as great and complete as you hoped then the bidding would have went higher than it did. All those other bidders probably saw what was missing, or asked the seller for more pictures or questions, and stopped bidding accordingly.

They cost like $1200, and if everything was there they would probably go for $7-800ish if the condition and completeness you hoped.

Hell I've seen used Megan's go for almost $800, and you can them for $900 or a few dollars less brand new.

I really think if you do file a claim you should just ask for the $160 back and get the parts you need. So you can move on and get them on your car.

Good Luck and don't dwell on what offends you here, you did decide to take your complaint to a public forum, so you have to expect multiple opinions from different angles to be voiced. As this is a GS forum and we are on your side and want you to get the parts you need to modify your car and enjoy it, there are lessons to learn and just saying some guy you don't even know is a scumbag is jumping the gun a bit, as ebay is a 2-way street and you must understand this is not 100% the seller being a 'scumbag' or a crook.

Ebay is great, but you have to be very proactive before you send your hard earned money around the world..

Quick Reply: completely screwed on eBay!!!