GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

completely screwed on eBay!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-11, 08:35 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by buckwhite
thanks tinman...i dont care what any of you say at this point....i talked to eBay, and as far as they are concerned, I am the victim, and the seller is a scumbag! if nyone had some integrity and not trying to make an easy buck, lexus owners wold be way better off!!
i dont think your actually a victim of anything other than you didnt read and thought you were getting this super deal for nothing.

your right though,the world would be better off if ANYONE didnt do things like this but unfortunately thats how the world is now-a-days

Theres shady people out there sellin misleading stuff...and Im getting crap for it?
sure their are but you know how you NEVER have to deal with that? buy stuff from a authorized dealer not used from some unknown guy on ebay. tein usa has asked people SPECIFICALLY NOT TO BUY TEIN STUFF FROM EBAY AS THEY USED TO HAVE ISSUES WITH COUNTERFEIT SPRINGS BEING SOLD AS THE ORIGINALS ALL OVER EBAY

you knew it was missing stuff and it was a gamble, you took your shot and instead of learning a lesson OR buying the parts for needed for cheap and STILL being under the price of them new you just cry about how the guy ripped you off WHICH HE DIDNT EXACTLY DO, HE STATED THE KNOWN CONDITION OF THEM AND YOU TOOK YOUR SHOT AT IT AND NOW ARENT HAPPY WITH IT?PFFFT, you know sometimes buyers are just as much to blame as the sellers and IMHO your in the wrong also.

let me ask you this, if you buy markdown meat or something at your local grocery store and it goes bad, do you complain how they ripped you off and try to return it?you shouldn't, its a gamble you take and we take gambles elsewhere especially on ebay, i been on their since 2000 and have had very little issues as i research my buyers did you do any looking into this guy? reading over his feedbacks and what now, his refund policy....if u thought the shipping was so high, guess what? YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT IT no BTW im not saying he did you right, i value my feedback as ALL sellers/buyers should but sometimes things dont work out quite as expected. let me tell you something, im sure you have heard before IF SOMETHING SEEMS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS AND YOU SHOULD AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE

BTW would you have complained if everything was there? no you wouldnt you took what you should have known to be a gamble and it didnt exactly pay off so whose real fault is that?regardless of whose at fault or we,bottom line though what would you like to see happen to satisfy you? send parts back and get a complete money back refund? partial refund for parts needed? splitting parts cost?

Last edited by sakataj; 07-30-11 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-30-11, 08:49 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i'd gladly pay 350 for what you paid for, knowing I'd have a complete set of tein coilovers for under 550. just keep it moving...
Old 07-30-11, 09:59 AM
buckwhite
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus..at this point im sorry I said anything....Sorry Im not as sharp as all you guys, and maybe Im naive to think I was getting a good deal.
A misleading ad, is a misleading ad....The fact that this guy knows about this claim for the last 3 days and hasnt said anything yet is a clear indication that maybe he is just shady. thanks for the feedback, but enough already...Ill let you know how it goes! but even if it does work out in my favor, ill still have someone on here saying something about how I screwed that guy over
Old 07-30-11, 10:59 AM
tinman
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus..at this point im sorry I said anything....Sorry Im not as sharp as all you guys, and maybe Im naive to think I was getting a good deal.
A misleading ad, is a misleading ad....The fact that this guy knows about this claim for the last 3 days and hasn't said anything yet is a clear indication that maybe he is just shady. thanks for the feedback, but enough already...Ill let you know how it goes! but even if it does work out in my favor, ill still have someone on here saying something about how I screwed that guy over
Ignore them. It's like a pack of rabid wolves around here any time someone says they were unfairly treated. Bunch of jerks. If it was a misleading ad then try to get some compensation and let that be that. IMO, most of the comments on this thread should be deleted.
Old 07-30-11, 11:05 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

We're only viewing things from a logical standpoint.
Old 07-30-11, 03:48 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by excluesive
i'd gladly pay 350 for what you paid for, knowing I'd have a complete set of tein coilovers for under 550. just keep it moving...
Sorry Im not as sharp as all you guys, and maybe Im naive to think I was getting a good deal.
I agree, providing they're not blown, you're still getting a decent deal even if you have to come out of pocket for some of the parts. BTW, don't hold your breath with Paypal. I got scammed on Nasioc a while back on an exhaust that I never got, and even though they sided in my favor, the guy had 0 dollars in his account, so you can guess what I got back. Yah, thanks Paypal. I don't know why they can transfer IN money from their bank account, but when they screw somebody, you can't transfer out money. Lame
Old 07-30-11, 04:35 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this thread is getting out of control. Like stated, you should truthfully claim the $160, not a FULL refund. Buy the missing parts, your set and you still got a good deal. I think you just got too ethered up and this got out of control. It takes time but everything will workout. It doesnt happen over-night, eBay and Paypal have policies and MANY , MANY customers that might be in similar situations as you. It might take a few weeks but hey, atleast itll be settled. Dont over-worry about it.
Old 07-30-11, 05:26 PM
cmara2k9
Pole Position

I'm the eBay seller what seems to be the problem?
Old 07-30-11, 05:52 PM
4eign
Lead Lap

^^^^ take it up with the buyer behind the scenes and let us know yall worked out afta. think enuff opinions/suggestins/lessons have been dealt on this thread. lets ALL keep it movn lol