GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HELP!!!!! CL members

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-02, 03:42 AM
dongfongbubai
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!! CL members

This weekend I installed the SRT intake and the ECU, that part was ok, but here is the problem...

I bought the SRT setup from a friend, casue he was going to sell his car, so I gave him my stock intake system and some money for his SRT set up. After I got done installing the SRT on my car everything was ok, it was very easy.

Here is the problem, When I put my factory intake system on his car and started it, check engine light came on. So we disconnected the battery and the ECU fuse to "reset" it and its still on.

When I removed the ECU from my buddys car, all I did was cut the wire that was comming out of the SRT ECU to the factory. I did not cut any factory wires.

At first his car was idling funny then it became normal, but the check engine light blinks as he is driving the car.

Is there something else that I need to do to make the check engine light go off on his car?? Please help

kalvin
Old 09-23-02, 10:04 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post May have an answer

Hey Guy! (I’m afraid to type your name and have most of it edited to “$”)

I installed the SRT intake on my GS and as I recall, you’ve got to CUT one of the factory wires and wire the ecu INTO the circuit by splicing two of the ecu wires into the cut ends of the single factory wire, thereby completing the circuit with the ecu inserted into it.

There were 6 wires coming out of my ecu – you mention cutting one? The green wire and the orange wire are the 2 that should be spliced together to complete the circuit opened by the removal of the ecu. Those colors refer to the wire on SRT’s wiring diagram.

Assuming that the ecu was wired correctly when you removed it, you’d still have to complete the circuit that removal of the ecu has opened.

Last edited by garnet92; 09-23-02 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-24-02, 03:19 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

as far as i remember while installing ecu you need to cut at least one wire.. so when you put stock intake to your friend's car.. did you put all wires back together as they were before?
Old 09-24-02, 01:35 PM
dongfongbubai
Rookie

Default ECU

Yes, I did reconnect the wire that was cut. I think it was the Red Blue color that was already cut. I slpiced them together and I still get the Check Engine light
Old 09-24-02, 01:48 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you sodder the stock wires back together, or did you only crimp them? Make sure you sodder them back and put electrical tape around them. Also check the MAF and make sure it's on right and also check all hoses and be sure they are tight. Keep battery disconnected for about 5 minutes and you should be good to go.
Old 09-24-02, 04:34 PM
dongfongbubai
Rookie

Default ecu

well, I didn't have to crimp them, I just cut the SRT ecu wires and taped them, so they are already soldered. I checked all the hoses. I called SRT and the guy told me that he might have to drive for a while for the ecu to learn and the light might go off or something.
Old 09-25-02, 02:37 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

well.. last option you can call to SRT .. maybe they can help