GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

R134

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-11, 08:37 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by tinman
OH! Oh dear. I think I see the error. The sites that you are posting have information about central A/C systems. You stated that I should have started out by searching for r134a temp charts. I did. I discounted the ones that were for central HVAC.
the error still is you and your internet research.a pressure chart is JUST a pressure chart....they aren't designed for just central a/c systems. they are just a freaking pressure chart man. as you personally have said in several threads something similar to this "got the info now,lets move on now". i swear to god i wont be back in this thread to debate you anymore.tell you what, from now on, im gonna let all you internet HVAC experts deal with the HVAC issues on here now

Originally Posted by tinman
Home A/C systems seem to run lower pressure than automotive (based on the charts I've seen online. I'm not a pro).
please stop telling me about pressure settings....i know enough about them, as i have said several times now this is what i do for a living for the last 10 years. for the 3rd time im asking you, what do you do for a living?

Last edited by sakataj; 09-02-11 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-02-11, 05:19 PM
tinman
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
the error still is you...
That's not nice. The error is me personally?
please stop telling me about pressure settings....i know enough about them, as i have said several times now this is what i do for a living...
I came up with hundreds, literally hundreds, of sources that said my numbers were correct. It was amazing. Everywhere I looked I came across sources that confirmed my numbers. I couldn't find a single source that said your numbers were correct. Not one! I couldn't figure it out. Even other manufacturers like Ford and GM. Seriously. None! I even went to my super old Haynes manual #1480 printed in 1989, Automotive Heating & Air Conditioning Systems... It also didn't agree with your numbers on the chart (for R-12). I was almost content to just leave it at that, but I wanted to know how the numbers you gave could be so off. So, I did some digging on exactly what a freon temp/pressure chart is. You have incorrectly interpreted the chart. You even bolded the misinterpretation!
again this is what i do for a living,YES my #'s are at 1500-2000 RPM.
Your numbers have nothing to do with this situation. You have referenced a chart that is for resting freon temp and pressure. That's why none of these numbers add up. It's not low side/high side, it's for a system that is not running and the two sides equal. It's true. I bet you could e-mail Fluke about it.

But in the mean time, I found lots of confirmation about this issue and I even confirmed this with some HVAC guys on another forum I'm on. But here is a nice Internet site that has the information: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...1/freon-check/ Of course you don't have to read it, but at least the information is out there now.
im gonna let all you internet HVAC experts deal with the HVAC issues on here now
Perhaps that would be best.
for the 3rd time im asking you, what do you do for a living?
Since you asked, I'm an economics student. I mostly do research and analysis on numbers.

Last edited by tinman; 09-03-11 at 06:03 PM. Reason: I have fat fingers =(
Old 09-02-11, 05:23 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Wow thats some nice information Tinman. I can refresh my memories now.
Old 09-02-11, 05:30 PM
try2fndmrk
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow what a great debate.. you can learn alot from good arguements like these!
Old 04-30-16, 07:09 PM
RXstate
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so the pressures on my high and low sides were about the same (running or not). The A/C light was blinking. I replaced the clutch relay ... still blinking and no cold air. I went through one thing after another and everything pointed to the compressor clutch ... it just wouldn't turn on. I thought it could have been the clutch switch, but I hadn't a clue what it even looked like.

Finally, I just started staring at the compressor and noticed a loose ground wire. Yes, it was a loose ground wire that I'd not tightened enough from when I'd recently replaced the water pump. Tightened the screw and clutch started turning and, suddenly, nice, cold air!
Old 05-01-16, 05:20 AM
bilgen
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

NICE!

tinman is 100% right.
sakataj, what tinman said about automotive ac pressures being higher is correct. And just because you've been doing something for a long time doesn't necessarily mean you're doing it right.
You obviously do not work with AUTOMOTIVE air conditioning.