GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lexusgrill.com, anyone used them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-02, 07:32 AM
VIPGS400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexusgrill.com, anyone used them?

I browsed by this site called Lexusgrill.com and they seem to have a good selection of grills and other accessories. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them? $230 + shipping on a chrome grill seems a bit excessive but it does look good in the pics. I do recall that when you chrome plastic it usually chips off easily and if I were to pay like $250 for a chrome grill Id prefer it to be metal, but most likely these are chromed plastic ones. Anyone have any input?

Also the site claims some crazy numbers for the Denso Iridium plugs.. as far as power and torque is concerned. Is that even possible to gain that much power from just installing plugs? $100 seems again excessive.

Lastly, they have the wood trimmed steering wheel for $400, now that seems low to me. Unless Im misinformed, if so please tell me. I put a wood wheel on my CLK and it cost like $800, I understand Benzo wheels cost a bit more but 100% more??
Old 09-26-02, 08:04 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search on chrome grill... you can do it yourself for less than $10.. all indigient can be purchased in Home depot....

There is already chrome under the black paint in the grill.. all you have to do is strip the black paint.. all the chrome will show up...
Old 09-26-02, 09:09 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Pretty sure that's enginyr's web site. He's a member here at CL, so just PM him with any questions/concerns you have.
Old 09-26-02, 09:29 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

actually, enginyr was banned so a PM will more than likely go unanswered....

Doc
Old 09-26-02, 10:14 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DrRick
actually, enginyr was banned so a PM will more than likely go unanswered....

Doc
Uhhh... well, umm.... really? **cough** Ladies and gentlemen, I regret to inform you that I have once again been left out of the loop. Please disregard my earlier suggestion. That is all.
Old 09-26-02, 10:17 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

marbles, youre never left out of the loop. btw, what does your sig say? i have no clue....
Old 09-26-02, 11:01 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Lexusgrill.com, anyone used them?

Originally posted by VIPGS400
I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them? $230 + shipping on a chrome grill seems a bit excessive ...
Lexus for some reason painted black ofer the chrome trhat already exists on teh grill; you simply remove the black paint, and voila!, you have a chrome grill.

I think it's pretty durable, and have not heard of anyone mentioning the OEM chrome chipping off.

You can do it yourself for less than $10 in materials (paint removing product and shop rags), and a few hours. Its not difficult, or expensive to tackle on your own; more a questions of, do you want to pay someone else to do it for you?

Also the site claims some crazy numbers for the Denso Iridium plugs.. as far as power and torque is concerned. Is that even possible to gain that much power from just installing plugs? $100 seems again excessive.
That's comical. STOCK / OEM plugs are the Denso Iridiums.

I'm not sure how much he is claiming, but TorqueMasters put out quite a punch, that there is a dyno graph of a member's here to prove it, not to mention several butt-dynoes as well.

Lastly, they have the wood trimmed steering wheel for $400, now that seems low to me.
I'm ignorant to the wood wheel stuff. Maybe manaray could better answer this. I'm guessing, and nothing personal really, but if the going rate is X, and this company is charging Y, which is significantly lowerer than X, I might worry about quality or wood / leather matching.

And finally, yes, enginyr was a participant here at CL.

HTH VIP
Old 09-26-02, 02:53 PM
Francis K
Racer

Default hahaha...

What do you think that theiving bastard is gonna do that you can't with paint remover?

hahaha, get some citrus gel paint remover and save yourself 200 bucks....or send it to me and I'll do it for a 100
Old 09-26-02, 02:54 PM
Francis K
Racer

Default oh...by the way

Good call on banning the guy but what were the exact reasons?
Old 09-26-02, 03:44 PM
garnerlb
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have a picture of the stock grill with the black paint removed? I was curious as to the quality of the chrome look.
Old 09-26-02, 03:46 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Default Send me proof.

Ok. Everybody is talking about a do it yourself solution. I want proof. If you have fixed your grill yourself, please post picture and step by step instruction. I’m not going to chrome the grill if I’m not sure it’s going to look good.
/Fredric
Old 09-26-02, 04:01 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,413 Posts

Fredric:

Even in Sweden, the search feature on ClubLexus will work great . You should really try it sometime!

Frederic / Garnerlb:

I'll use the search for you here in a second and you'll see plenty of proof and pictures and writeups on chroming (or more accurately, removing the paint from to expose the chrome) your GS grill.
-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Here's your proof.

I just searched for 'chrome grill' in the GS section of CL and found plenty of posts by members that have done it themselves.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Link 5

Link 6

Nicely written DIY by 2Savvy

OK, there are a bunch more but I think you get the idea that it's been done and proven. Plus I'm tired after all those links .

Also, there is the alternative of PAINTING the grill for IMO a more sporty and stealth look:

Anti-bling grill

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-26-02 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-26-02, 04:24 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Smile

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Fredric:

Even in Sweden, the search feature on ClubLexus will work great . You should really try it sometime!

Thanks for the remote search from Sweden
/Fredric
Old 09-26-02, 06:05 PM
garnerlb
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Dave. Search and ye shall find.
Old 09-26-02, 07:43 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lexusgrill.com - Hahahaha...what a jackass...the ultimate cheezeball...

Quick Reply: Lexusgrill.com, anyone used them?