GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Are you serious??? RMM STB for sale, really???

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-11, 09:18 PM
gman44116
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are you serious??? RMM STB for sale, really???

Take a look at what this guy is trying to sell on the 'auction site'....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

He claims he purchased it directly from RMM 3-4 years ago along with the CF engine cover and brake kit which he also has for sale.

I'd rather have the $29 ' bay STB!!

First of all, look at the STB..

The tower bar is not a solid aluminum CAD designed piece as RMM's but tube steel has three welded plates with stamped 'holes'. In addition, the signature Rod Millen machined engraving is replaced with a, get this Rod Millen Motorsports sticker LOL.

This seller stands by that it's authentic. PPPallleeasseeee!!

Here's the real deal: http://rhys-millen-racing.myshopify....-gs-suspension

In addition, he's also selling the CF engine cover which is RMM he states. Yet the cover is also missing the RMM signature engraving as well as the CF pattern is completely opposite of Rod Millen's CF pattern direction.

I exchanged several messages with the seller. He says he' got a receipt for these parts from RMM and they're authentic. When asked to send me a copy of the receipt he bailed.

He's also got the RMM brake kit for sale. Which looks fugezzi as well. Rotors don't match. And he says they're brand new!! I don't know to feel sorry for the guy for being scammed or he's the scammer.

Either way I am getting tired of seeing this aftermarket knock-off crap...
Old 09-24-11, 09:57 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

looks fake
Old 09-24-11, 10:00 PM
gman44116
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
looks fake
IS FAKE!! by a giant stretch
Old 09-24-11, 10:18 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It appears the STB is a VERY old version of the RMM STB. I'm going to have to dig for old references to see for sure.

The Engine cover is legit. You can add on the RMM signature emblem, (it's not engraved into the cover) but it doesn't have to be on there to be legit.

The Brake Calipers are also legit (Though rotors are hokey) , but all RMM did was take Supra Brakes and re-badge them as RMM.

Not worth the asking price as anyone can make their own Supra BBK equivalent, set up.

This guy also tried to post on CL, but since he has no post count and just registered, so he couldn't post on the classifieds.

He also tried to post a classified in the NorCal Forums since this is his region, but that's a no-no as well.

The Original RMM Brake Kit:

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-24-11 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-24-11, 10:28 PM
gman44116
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
It appears the STB is a VERY old version of the RMM STB. I'm going to have to dig for old references to see for sure.

The Engine cover is legit. You can add on the RMM signature emblem, (it's not engraved into the cover) but it doesn't have to be on there to be legit.

The Brakes are also legit, but all RMM did was take Supra Brakes and re-badge them as RMM.

Not worth the asking price as anyone can make their own Supra BBK equivalent, set up.

This guy also tried to post on CL, but since he has no post count and just registered, so he couldn't post on the classifieds.

He also tried to post a classified in the NorCal Forums since this is his region, but that's a no-no as well.
Seller was steadfast these were purchased new from RMM 3-4 years ago. what are you thoughts on the age RMMGS4?

Thanks for clarifying the brakes and the cover. It was the STB that had me in question to start...
Old 09-24-11, 10:31 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by gman44116
Seller was steadfast these were purchased 3-4 years ago. what are you thoughts on the age RMMGS4?

Thanks for clarifying the brakes and the cover. It was the STB that had me in question to start...

When he purchased and when the STB was made are two different things. It's got to be circa pre-2001.

I need to go offline right now but will try to dig up a pic of that old STB when I get back.
Old 09-25-11, 12:20 AM
RMMGS4

Here ya go

From the article on the Supercharged Rod Millen GS - Automobile Magazine - Nov 2000

Old 09-25-11, 05:35 AM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has to have the engraving no ?

Last edited by Wicked GS; 09-25-11 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-25-11, 07:19 AM
gman44116
Lead Lap

Well, looks like Ima eatin' crow. These parts were so old (10-12 years) that I just couldn't imagine they were RMM manufactured...
Old 09-25-11, 10:13 AM
AMSMIKE2
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a VERY old RMM strut bar in the ebay auction. its real....real old!. It was then replaced by the engraved polished one.

here is an older CL thread with that same bar and a picture for reference!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...ld-school.html
Old 09-25-11, 10:20 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Wicked GS
Has to have the engraving no ?

Yes to the STB.

BUT

No to the Engine cover. I responded to the original statement below.

In addition, he's also selling the CF engine cover which is RMM he states. Yet the cover is also missing the RMM signature engraving as well as the CF pattern is completely opposite of Rod Millen's CF pattern direction.
Old 09-25-11, 10:22 AM
RMMGS4

Well, looks like Ima eatin' crow. These parts were so old (10-12 years) that I just couldn't imagine they were RMM manufactured...
Your intentions were good. Just lookin out for the CL fam. That's to your credit.
Old 09-25-11, 10:51 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Ya, I'm with RMM, that looks familiar but pretty ancient. I didn't pay attention to the price but if someone wanted some Rod Millen stuff you could always blast that bar and have it painted/powder coated....just a thought....OP had good intentions...may want to set things straight withthe seller though if he's a member here.
Old 09-25-11, 12:06 PM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I found this guy on craiglist selling his parts.

i met up with him to buy his New in Box OEM Headlamps... when i got there. i open the nicely sealed box and it was USED in Box OEM Headlamps.

wut a waste of time. as for the other parts.. it looks OK... but beware what he says New and Old since he had no indication his Lamps were USED IN BOX!!!
Old 09-25-11, 12:08 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by istundra
I found this guy on craiglist selling his parts.

i met up with him to buy his New in Box OEM Headlamps... when i got there. i open the nicely sealed box and it was USED in Box OEM Headlamps.

wut a waste of time. as for the other parts.. it looks OK... but beware what he says New and Old since he had no indication his Lamps were USED IN BOX!!!
Went to extra effort of sealing the box nicely and everything huh? Maybe he figured you wouldn't open them before you paid. Lol...nice.

Quick Reply: Are you serious??? RMM STB for sale, really???