GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

22 inch Staggred on GS 2nd Generation

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-11, 05:04 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by oslouie
22's will fit with less modification than going the VIP'd look. It's a ll a matter of finding the right combination and there is a 22" tire that will clear everything down there...235/30/22.
Oh my lord, you still don't get it. This has nothing to do with 22's fit easier than modifying VIP style or what style is better. So drop that subject You are forgetting the OP's first question? "can put 22x10 on the rear of a 2nd Generation GS 300/400"

Everything I've stated in my previous post is based on FACT and backed by detail. You're delusional if you think a 235/30R22 is a proper fit 22x10 rim. Bottom line is that the GS is not designed to fit 22" properly. If you still want to be stubborn and argue with me on this fact there is no reason for me discussing this with you.

joclaroc some shops tell you no because they're right. Some shops tell you it's possible because they mickey mouse their work and do half ***'d jobs.

Here are the main reasons you should not run 22".

- Throws of speedo, gearing and ABS
- Will rub on front fender liner while turning
- Larger overall diameters tires will make the car look taller than stock.

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 10-20-11 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-20-11, 05:55 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

oslouie, how can you say it would cost less to do donkers set up when you have to modify your whole suspension to achieve that kinda look? That's a half *** job you're talking about then, and that's what I'm saying not doing it right. Given the fact that there is a common ball joint failure to 2GS's, not doing it the right way just so you can achieve that look that you want means you're clearly sacrificing safety over vanity. Even on old school box type Chevy's(which are extremely built tough compared to 2GS's) they CUSTOM MODIFY the whole suspension you are really delusional in thinking that it will work.

For some reason this discussion is reminding me of cars with chromed out big *** rims and pu$$y wet paint jobs although the interior looks like somebody just s#!t in it and the AC/heater isn't even working. Completely dysfunctional.

Last edited by OG Dada; 10-20-11 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-20-11, 05:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,289 Likes on 1,395 Posts

YaKuZa_GS, watch the cursing and personal commentary please. You can make your points without them.

Let's keep this thread polite and mature, even if you disagree with the OP's modification direction...
Old 10-20-11, 06:21 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Dave.OP, most of us clearly object the idea of you putting 22's on your car. Do whatever you want to do because its your money and its your car.
Old 10-20-11, 06:36 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
YaKuZa_GS, watch the cursing and personal commentary please. You can make your points without them.

Let's keep this thread polite and mature, even if you disagree with the OP's modification direction...
Sorry Dave, I get a bit carried away sometimes. Posts edited

I still stand by what I said. I'm trying to give the OP detailed info so he knows the ins and outs before he ends up putting all his eggs in one basket.
Old 10-20-11, 07:33 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

22x10 is possible, but if doing 22's, you MUST get bags because our car looks horrible without bags [on 22's] I'm on 22's and when I saw how horrible it looked, bags was the next mod. Adding body kit actually helps very much to get rid of the raised look, paired with bags its perfect but yea, lots of cutting, rolling or shaving is required (negative camber is your friend too ):

but I'll tell ya, the ONLY tires that will fit in there are Pirrelli P-zeros. All others have too much meat and rub on the rear bumper on the bottom.

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 10-20-11 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-20-11, 07:41 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

∧∧∧Exactly, what I said.
Old 10-20-11, 08:20 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
22x10 is possible, but if doing 22's, you MUST get bags because our car looks horrible without bags [on 22's] I'm on 22's and when I saw how horrible it looked, bags was the next mod. Adding body kit actually helps very much to get rid of the raised look, paired with bags its perfect but yea, lots of cutting, rolling or shaving is required (negative camber is your friend too ):

but I'll tell ya, the ONLY tires that will fit in there are Pirrelli P-zeros. All others have too much meat and rub on the rear bumper on the bottom.
Geez, about time you got here. I was wondering how long it was gonna take LOL.

Take it from Jokester. He knows first hand the trouble it takes to make it fit.

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 10-20-11 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-20-11, 09:26 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can make 22's fit but imho 20's would be the most I'd go on a 2GS.
Old 10-21-11, 05:09 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by kingphilip
You're totally missing the point, I just said I used to be in this stuff so I'm not being judgmental about it, but remember you always gotta do it right. If it's 22's, looking at what oslouie did to his, it looks rightfully done, but any size bigger than that would look like a monster truck and no longer donkers. I myself don't do the exaggeratedly negative camber that you're talking about, but my set up is VIP. Like I said if you're gonna do something do it tastefully and do it the right way(which means you are not sacrificing the more obvious important stuff) rather than looks. And you GokuSSJ3, if you still can't understand what I'm saying then there's no sense talking to you.
Makes sense now...I thought you were telling the guy that since he wanted to do 22's, his way was wrong. We are on the same page buddy.
Old 10-21-11, 05:18 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by kingphilip
For some reason this discussion is reminding me of cars with chromed out big *** rims and pu$$y wet paint jobs although the interior looks like somebody just s#!t in it and the AC/heater isn't even working. Completely dysfunctional.
I see this is my part of Alabama all the time. Kandy paint, big rims...and its 100 degrees, dead in the middle of the summer and their windows are down because the AC isn't working lol.
Old 10-21-11, 09:33 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We arent here to flame to the guy above who said that about us.

We are here though, to give you REALITY. 22X8 on your rears and its tucked? Without even seeing pix... i can tell they look funky and pushed in, no offense. Everyone has his.her own taste but 22's are just not made for these vehicles. 20x11 rear are max if you do it right. I have 20x10.5's in my rear pushing 285's and i love it. Again everyone is bias to their own judgement but i for one would not do it.

It has nothing to do with "VIP" or "Slamming", its just 22's arent the way to go.
Old 10-21-11, 04:56 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
We arent here to flame to the guy above who said that about us.

We are here though, to give you REALITY. 22X8 on your rears and its tucked? Without even seeing pix... i can tell they look funky and pushed in, no offense. Everyone has his.her own taste but 22's are just not made for these vehicles. 20x11 rear are max if you do it right. I have 20x10.5's in my rear pushing 285's and i love it. Again everyone is bias to their own judgement but i for one would not do it.

It has nothing to do with "VIP" or "Slamming", its just 22's arent the way to go.
Still just your opinion. As Kingphilip was been trying to say... If done properly, ANYthing can look good. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean its not the way to go. I cant stand donks, but I respect when its done right and not just huge rims on a car. You're better off saying you dont like 22's on a GS rather than saying they arent the way to go.

And no 20x11 is not the biggest you can go. theres a guy on her with 13's in the rear and plenty with 12's with no camber.
Old 10-29-11, 06:54 PM
joclaroc
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for everyone feed back If Can Post some Pics of GS with 20,21,22 Stagg Fitments

Last edited by joclaroc; 10-29-11 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-30-11, 07:41 PM
MAUFKNCED
Driver School Candidate

I'm on 20x11 and I'm tooo sold its much more space avaliable, do that *ISH!

* So I can take your offsets and copy!!!!*

At the end of the day. Its to each there own... You put the same amount of work in on the nay-sayers cars as they did with yours............

lol I think all of us can relate to this saying.....

" As long as the blends (females) like it......!"

Quick Reply: 22 inch Staggred on GS 2nd Generation