GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Quick Update - Can't believe it has been almost 14 years

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-11, 04:02 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, guys. That is quite a compliment, JDMJNKY. This is one of the nice things about many CL members. We all have different tastes but can appreciate the work each member has put into the car, regardless of the the individual's constraints (budget, time, ...).

With all this positive energy, I just might try to find some time to finally put in the Q45 projectors that I've had for years.
Old 11-04-11, 05:32 PM
JDMJNKY
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
Thanks, guys. That is quite a compliment, JDMJNKY. This is one of the nice things about many CL members. We all have different tastes but can appreciate the work each member has put into the car, regardless of the the individual's constraints (budget, time, ...).

With all this positive energy, I just might try to find some time to finally put in the Q45 projectors that I've had for years.
Agreed. Your welcome, it's all your good work anyway, Just stating I loved it. As for the Q45 projectors, naw, don't waste your time with that just sell them to me HAHAHA.

P.s. I think I want LED mirrors now.
Old 11-04-11, 05:38 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

def nice looking GS doesn't look its age at all, great job keeping her clean.
Old 11-04-11, 08:46 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Car is looking great Neo... One of many GS's i've seen here when i came on the scene in 2004.. The addition of the rear bumper and sides look great. I think we all from time to time deicide to sell or keep or cars. I know i've done it plenty of times..
Old 11-04-11, 08:49 PM
revtekgs
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still looks great and the miles are extremely low after 14 years! Id hang on to it
Old 11-05-11, 10:45 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
this is exactly why I purchased my car!! After 15 years, the body style isn't dated one bit!! Looks great...how many miles on your car??
Same reason why I bought mine...the design was waaay ahead of its time in 98.

Very, very clean ride Neo
Old 11-06-11, 10:31 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

NEO still lookin good... my 98 has 282k on it and still smooth as ever. You might wanna keep her.

CEO
Old 11-07-11, 01:05 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chris,
its been OVER 10 years since You, me and Rominl first met and we put together our very first CL meet here in NorCal (EOS #1). Both of you have since moved to SoCal and I know Henry has sold his GS and moved on to many, many other Lexus models as well as moving to the DARK side, but all I can say is that you and I are some of the rare OGs that are still active on the 2GS section, that still own our cars.

As you know mine is a 98 model as well. Back then I bought the car in 2000 for $40k used ! LOL I think all the new 2GS members have to appreciate that though we spent a lot back then, it is has been very SATISFYING to see the popularity of the 2GS continue. This longevity of our cars and timelessness of the body style has made the money "we've" spent worthwile. I continue to enjoy modding my car because of this and plan to hold on to it for quite a while longer. I think this thread so far is only solidifies that we should hold on to our cars which I believe are destined to be "classic".

Not to hi jack your thread, but I'm a bit over 60k miles and my car "was" a DD and yes I lived 5 minutes from work until I moved just this year.

Last note, It was great for you, me, Rominl, 1SickLex and several other "OG 2GS owners" to all meet at The Pursuit 3 this last October. That was Epic and a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Where's the photos we took BTW?

Last edited by RMMGS4; 11-07-11 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-07-11, 06:50 AM
erknjerk78
Driver

She is beautiful! I love the color! Just keep her bro!
Old 11-07-11, 09:23 AM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
def nice looking GS doesn't look its age at all, great job keeping her clean.
Originally Posted by tmf2004
Car is looking great Neo... One of many GS's i've seen here when i came on the scene in 2004.. The addition of the rear bumper and sides look great. I think we all from time to time deicide to sell or keep or cars. I know i've done it plenty of times..
Originally Posted by revtekgs
Still looks great and the miles are extremely low after 14 years! Id hang on to it
Originally Posted by repugnante
Same reason why I bought mine...the design was waaay ahead of its time in 98.
Very, very clean ride Neo
Originally Posted by erknjerk78
She is beautiful! I love the color! Just keep her bro!
Thanks guys. I do love the car. Sometimes, when looking at newer cars, I am lured by the updated features/electronics/technology, even standard ones on cheaper cars that I have to spend $$$ to have on mine.

Originally Posted by THE_CEO
NEO still lookin good... my 98 has 282k on it and still smooth as ever. You might wanna keep her.

CEO
Nice to have another data point of the longevity of these cars. Good job.
Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Chris,
its been OVER 10 years since You, me and Rominl first met and we put together our very first CL meet here in NorCal (EOS #1). Both of you have since moved to SoCal and I know Henry has sold his GS and moved on to many, many other Lexus models as well as moving to the DARK side, but all I can say is that you and I are some of the rare OGs that are still active on the 2GS section, that still own our cars.

As you know mine is a 98 model as well. Back then I bought the car in 2000 for $40k used ! LOL I think all the new 2GS members have to appreciate that though we spent a lot back then, it is has been very SATISFYING to see the popularity of the 2GS continue. This longevity of our cars and timelessness of the body style has made the money "we've" spent worthwile. I continue to enjoy modding my car because of this and plan to hold on to it for quite a while longer. I think this thread so far is only solidifies that we should hold on to our cars which I believe are destined to be "classic".

Not to hi jack your thread, but I'm a bit over 60k miles and my car "was" a DD and yes I lived 5 minutes from work until I moved just this year.

Last note, It was great for you, me, Rominl, 1SickLex and several other "OG 2GS owners" to all meet at The Pursuit 3 this last October. That was Epic and a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Where's the photos we took BTW?
LOL. You take all this to another level Glen. I don't think I'll ever have the drive, time, energy, cash flow to dedicate to the car as you have. Hats off to you, bro. I am proud to call you friend.

As for pics, Mike posted one here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6757107-post62.html

I don't quite know where the rest of them are.
Old 11-07-11, 11:13 AM
Seattle2GS
Driver School Candidate

man so little mileage for that.....i gotta 2002 and i thought i had a little with 85k damn

none the less, sexy.
Old 11-07-11, 11:28 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Still lookin' good, especially the unique rear wing. i was at the same crossroads and decided to keep mine and finally install A LOT of what had been sitting/laying around for a long while (years in some cases...ha ha)
- wheels (switched from Donz to 20" Rezax)
- custom vented fenders (modified AIT's)
- vented hood (switched from the V-line VIS to Veilside)
- roof spoiler (sold the Junction Product and finally installed the UGO)
- front bumper (switched from the RMM (sold) to Vertex to now a Version Select)

Changed my interior wood grain panels and added LED lighting and a few other interior touches and now the car feels cool again. Hopefully you continue to enjoy yours as well.
Old 11-08-11, 08:36 AM
Neo
The One

Well, I have no active plans to sell it yet. Like some of you, I've thought about it periodically and will probably do so again in the future.
Old 11-11-11, 06:17 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

wow 85k on the clock? still a baby!
Old 11-11-11, 01:49 PM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

wow i cant believe your car is a 98' man! it looks cleaner than most of the 10' cars!
i noticed you got BBK, which one did you go with and how much you dish out?
love the rims too man, what you using?

Quick Reply: Quick Update - Can't believe it has been almost 14 years