GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Fed up with this car......

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-11, 03:51 PM
AristoKing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your frustration with your car.
Old 11-14-11, 05:34 PM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear but yea, you have not had good luck at all with this car.. all diff suspension setups and ball joint issues.. so what are you gunna sell from the car? dont you have a cup kit?
Old 11-14-11, 07:14 PM
ihateu3
Pit Crew

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

This is exactly why I keep my gs stock, I love the VIP looks that some of you have done, and have been tempted to do a 2JZGTE swap, but I have to keep reminding myself that I bought this car as a daily driver and as you modify things they become less reliable. My Supra on the other hand is not my daily driver, and gets most my money.
Old 11-14-11, 07:47 PM
Chumacher
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Its not the car, its your mod choices..
What a shame. Why don't you try coilovers. What would you buy instead?
Old 11-15-11, 08:22 AM
epic1si
Rookie

its okay you gots the spacers you need now

if you decide to part let me know about the retrofits hahahaha
Old 11-15-11, 10:44 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sinistervr
sorry to hear but yea, you have not had good luck at all with this car.. all diff suspension setups and ball joint issues.. so what are you gunna sell from the car? dont you have a cup kit?
Thanks man. I had an airforce cup kit a long time ago but sold it and got UAs! I miss the cup setup. And what's worse is that I sent a set of lowenhart bs5 out to Cali to get rebuilt =\ .... 19x10+16 and 19x11+20... These are wheels I always wanted. Now I have giant paper weights coming..

Originally Posted by ihateu3
This is exactly why I keep my gs stock, I love the VIP looks that some of you have done, and have been tempted to do a 2JZGTE swap, but I have to keep reminding myself that I bought this car as a daily driver and as you modify things they become less reliable. My Supra on the other hand is not my daily driver, and gets most my money.
Originally Posted by Chumacher
What a shame. Why don't you try coilovers. What would you buy instead?
your right once you start modding it is less reliable....I love the look but it's not practical. People do have problems just don't post them. If I can't find stock suspension I might just roll coilovers with stock wheels....

Originally Posted by epic1si
its okay you gots the spacers you need now

if you decide to part let me know about the retrofits hahahaha
My adapters will be for sale now! 275obo will do it for those! My m6 replica wheels will be gone tomorrow. The real m6 wheel set with one warped wheel are for sale also need those gone. But sorry the retro and the quad fogs I'm keeping.
Old 11-15-11, 11:46 AM
epic1si
Rookie

if you need the BC coilovers let me know. incidentally i'm the one who sold you the wheel spacers

i had a set of tein SS here up until saturday hahaha
Old 11-15-11, 09:30 PM
fastryan
Driver

how many miles? at 115,000 on my gs4 has cost me almost 7k in repairs in the last two years or so. I guess a lot of it was maintenance items, but man its expensive.
awesome cars but they are still "luxury sports sedans"(i think they say), and YOU PAY FOR IT, in repairs, even if you got the thing for ten grand. All of the rubber and steel joints wear out and there is a lot of them.
kinda got me thinking about getting something different, maybe one of those three letter things, they look good, run well and seem to be pretty reliable..... Yeah right, "STICK 'EM UP AND GIMME ALL YOUR MONEY!" Said the used car.
Old 11-16-11, 01:25 AM
kingkirby
Driver

i have minor mods and my car is falling to pieces. tranny blew, inner and outer rods loose again, sway bar links clank around, and motor mounts r bad. getting all this done by next week. but i blame old age on my problems...230,000 miles. hopefully i can get it running somewhat normal again. good luck with whatever u do.
Old 11-16-11, 10:43 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i agree...its the mods you're doing. You've redone your suspension how many times? How many sets of wheels? Do it right the first time and you will have less issues.
Old 11-16-11, 10:57 AM
tryitonce
Rookie

My GS300 rides wonderfully on BC racing coilovers....no alignment or ride issues
Attached Thumbnails Fed up with this car......-imag0393.jpg   Fed up with this car......-imag0396.jpg   Fed up with this car......-imag0400.jpg   Fed up with this car......-imag0398.jpg  
Old 11-16-11, 11:08 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL @ posting pics of your ride ^^ There's hundreds of us not having issues....let's all post pics of our car on his thread.
Old 11-16-11, 11:09 AM
tryitonce
Rookie

My Car has been modded alot....I have boosted it also....need help getting it to run correctly with the AEM fic...having problems with idle and hard acceleration...can anyone help me. My mechanic is talking about running a supra harness and computer and piggybacking the lexus ecu...sounds crazy to me...seems that you could just piggy back the lexus ecu...I have built supra block,reworked NA head,62-1 turbonetics and 850cc rc injectors...can anyone help me out please....I love my GS....
Attached Thumbnails Fed up with this car......-imag0415.jpg   Fed up with this car......-imag0356.jpg   Fed up with this car......-imag0331.jpg   Fed up with this car......-imag0336.jpg  
Old 11-16-11, 11:11 AM
tryitonce
Rookie

yeah....I posted pics...this Man says he hates his car...I love mine and show it....and what ?
Old 11-16-11, 11:18 AM
tryitonce
Rookie

While I'm at it let me post pics of my other lexus....
Attached Thumbnails Fed up with this car......-imag0265.jpg   Fed up with this car......-imagejpeg_3_2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fed up with this car......