GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Fed up with this car......

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-11, 06:52 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sinistervr
thats what im talking about.. your wheels being refinished are going to be the same specs as mine
What spec you have btw?? I love these wheels I wish there was a way to replicate the super crystal =\ o well

Well since I'm on bc now I have decided to keep the bc's and buy the cups after everything sells for the front only and Rock the bs5's at least with coilovers I won't have ****ty alignment issues
Old 11-20-11, 10:23 AM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by handoverfi
What spec you have btw?? I love these wheels I wish there was a way to replicate the super crystal =\ o well

Well since I'm on bc now I have decided to keep the bc's and buy the cups after everything sells for the front only and Rock the bs5's at least with coilovers I won't have ****ty alignment issues
i have adv1 3 piece forged wheels, 20x9.5 +15 with a 225/35 and 20x10.5 +25 with a 245/35 but i am adding half inch to the outer lip so they will now be 20x10 + 9 with a 235/35 and 20x11 +19 with a 245/35

im also on bc with there 10k front and 8k rear spring..

when you get the wheels on and align the car let me know i do alignments on my car and can try to help you out.. most people dont realize when you have a lot of negative camber, you can toe in the alignment to help with uneven tire wear and make the tire ride closer to the middle and not some much the inside right next to the sidewall. i drive about 80 miles a day and get about 8 months to a year out of my tires

Last edited by sinistervr; 11-20-11 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-20-11, 01:02 PM
kingof901s
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn man that sucks.. i mean i guess fix up cars never last as long as stock cars lolz
Old 11-20-11, 07:35 PM
gslex719
Driver School Candidate

Crazy the problem ur having is the the exact same problem im having with my gs.i have a d2 air kit on mine and had my allignment done (with new tiresd).drove around for about 2 weeks and my tires were already gone.ive takin my car back to the shop and charge me each time to look at it and same old crap happens.when I look at my car from the front my toe looks off.they are telling me its my air ride.idk im kinda bummed with it all 2 myself.i hope I can find a fix to my problem.
Old 11-21-11, 06:45 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sinistervr
i have adv1 3 piece forged wheels, 20x9.5 +15 with a 225/35 and 20x10.5 +25 with a 245/35 but i am adding half inch to the outer lip so they will now be 20x10 + 9 with a 235/35 and 20x11 +19 with a 245/35

im also on bc with there 10k front and 8k rear spring..

when you get the wheels on and align the car let me know i do alignments on my car and can try to help you out.. most people dont realize when you have a lot of negative camber, you can toe in the alignment to help with uneven tire wear and make the tire ride closer to the middle and not some much the inside right next to the sidewall. i drive about 80 miles a day and get about 8 months to a year out of my tires
thanks man ill def get in touch with you! at the moment i will be on stock wheels and i will be ordering a front cup kit for my car. after that i will be getting the bumper repaired i guesss dude to poor body work... **** is starting to crack. And i have to get a new fender . that will need new paint and reworked for the pull and roll.

Originally Posted by kingof901s
damn man that sucks.. i mean i guess fix up cars never last as long as stock cars lolz
yes stock is good. I drove my business partners masarati quatroportte for one weekend a while back . It was sooo smooth and it was soo nice. so balla yet so stock and it felt nice. i wouuld seriously dump my car for it any day!

Originally Posted by gslex719
Crazy the problem ur having is the the exact same problem im having with my gs.i have a d2 air kit on mine and had my allignment done (with new tiresd).drove around for about 2 weeks and my tires were already gone.ive takin my car back to the shop and charge me each time to look at it and same old crap happens.when I look at my car from the front my toe looks off.they are telling me its my air ride.idk im kinda bummed with it all 2 myself.i hope I can find a fix to my problem.
man dump the freakn air set up. IMHO ALL air setups are trash... from airuner, ksport, AF, UAS, i dont give a *****. they all do the same thing lol. you get an alignment at ride height with air. Then you keep playing with the switches your alignment is already out of spec...

You will never get back to spec as long as you have an air setup. it will air up "around" what you height was and even that it is still out of spec. seriously DUMP it and go coilovers and cups. my previous setup was airforce cups and coilovers. it was the best setup functionality wise. i had cups at all 4 corners and it did what it was supposed to do . but i got into an accident last summer and well the suspension got damaged so i removed it and sold it. im on BC coilovers. on stock wheels. I dont think i can remember last time i drove my car and it was this smooth lol
Old 11-22-11, 10:06 AM
gslex719
Driver School Candidate

Im kickin myself in the a$$ I was thinking on doing a cup set up but didnt know how nice they were.now thats all I hear about!lol I might just have to get rid of my kit and get a nice coilover kit and cups.who sells a air force kits? For a good price?
Old 11-22-11, 10:18 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

thanks man ill def get in touch with you! at the moment i will be on stock wheels and i will be ordering a front cup kit for my car. after that i will be getting the bumper repaired i guesss dude to poor body work... **** is starting to crack. And i have to get a new fender . that will need new paint and reworked for the pull and roll.

yes stock is good. I drove my business partners masarati quatroportte for one weekend a while back . It was sooo smooth and it was soo nice. so balla yet so stock and it felt nice. i wouuld seriously dump my car for it any day!

man dump the freakn air set up. IMHO ALL air setups are trash... from airuner, ksport, AF, UAS, i dont give a *****. they all do the same thing lol. you get an alignment at ride height with air. Then you keep playing with the switches your alignment is already out of spec...

You will never get back to spec as long as you have an air setup. it will air up "around" what you height was and even that it is still out of spec. seriously DUMP it and go coilovers and cups. my previous setup was airforce cups and coilovers. it was the best setup functionality wise. i had cups at all 4 corners and it did what it was supposed to do . but i got into an accident last summer and well the suspension got damaged so i removed it and sold it. im on BC coilovers. on stock wheels. I dont think i can remember last time i drove my car and it was this smooth lol
how is cups different from air? arent u still adjusting the height at the end of the day whether its with cups or air? therefore changing your height frequently.
Old 11-22-11, 10:23 AM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
how is cups different from air? arent u still adjusting the height at the end of the day whether its with cups or air? therefore changing your height frequently.
I believe you would only adjust the cups when you need to clear something (driveway, speedbump, etc...) other than that it would just ride at whatever height the coilovers are set at.
Old 11-22-11, 10:25 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

ah so its kinda like a balloon that u needa inflate (aka raise) whenever u need to?
Old 11-22-11, 10:33 AM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ah so its kinda like a balloon that u needa inflate (aka raise) whenever u need to?
I personally don't own any, but I believe so.
Old 11-22-11, 10:37 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

like he siad you only raise like 2" max there is no way of making your car go lower because the coilover is set to back to ride height once the cups are back down.

Im kickin myself in the a$$ I was thinking on doing a cup set up but didnt know how nice they were.now thats all I hear about!lol I might just have to get rid of my kit and get a nice coilover kit and cups.who sells a air force kits? For a good price?

i had AF i dont think they make that kit anymore but i paid like 2600 for the whole setup. it was really like and convinent as to how it worked. but if you want something get BC coilovers on umbrella auto design cups... or maybe the phantom cups. but they only can give you the front cups. the rears will require modification. anyways dump the air and go cups and coils
Originally Posted by LALEX1
I believe you would only adjust the cups when you need to clear something (driveway, speedbump, etc...) other than that it would just ride at whatever height the coilovers are set at.
exactly!
Originally Posted by LALEX1
I personally don't own any, but I believe so.
cups are the shizzle!! cant go wrong with it!!
Old 11-22-11, 12:11 PM
gslex719
Driver School Candidate

Ya I was looking at the phantom kit from platinum vip.dose anyone just sell the cups and not the rest of the kit.i have extra tanks and comressors parts layin around from having a bagged truck and a bagged honda.thats one reason why I went with air on my gs.i never had problems im having now.coil kit it is!
Old 11-25-11, 06:48 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Ya I was looking at the phantom kit from platinum vip.dose anyone just sell the cups and not the rest of the kit.i have extra tanks and comressors parts layin around from having a bagged truck and a bagged honda.thats one reason why I went with air on my gs.i never had problems im having now.coil kit it is!
I seen this new company names stance solutions from the uk! They sell the front cups alone rather then buying the entire setup. And it's only like 500 bucks. Or so
Old 11-25-11, 10:04 AM
gsjerk
Rookie

I seen this new company names stance solutions from the uk! They sell the front cups alone rather then buying the entire setup. And it's only like 500 bucks. Or so
500 pounds=800+ usd
Old 11-25-11, 03:34 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsjerk
500 pounds=800+ usd
The site says 305 pounds that equals about 473. Lol

Quick Reply: Fed up with this car......