GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Cheap solution to stop Squeaks??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-11, 08:38 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven't bought it and I don't think it will help me since it's so bad. Check your rear upper control arms. Those are whats causing my rear squeaks. The bushings are shot and really really bad.
Old 12-18-11, 10:02 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
I haven't bought it and I don't think it will help me since it's so bad. Check your rear upper control arms. Those are whats causing my rear squeaks. The bushings are shot and really really bad.
You know i did notice my rear UCA bushings are getting shot. Maybe thats the cause. I mean, this product only fixes minor stuff like rejuvenating the rubber bushings thats it. It ain't no holy grail. But I just had to try it. Maybe would be a nice fix for the guys with new daizen bushings though.
Old 12-18-11, 10:28 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
You know i did notice my rear UCA bushings are getting shot. Maybe thats the cause. I mean, this product only fixes minor stuff like rejuvenating the rubber bushings thats it. It ain't no holy grail. But I just had to try it. Maybe would be a nice fix for the guys with new daizen bushings though.
Definitely would be great for Daizens, but for people like you and me who's bushings are shot we're just going to have to replace them. I know that's the cause of mine at least, because I hit them with white lithium grease before and it stopped the squeaking for like 2 days then it was back, and that was the only part I hit with the grease.
Old 12-18-11, 11:57 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL this stuff sounds exactly like Bars leak. The stuff you can use to fix rear main seal leaks. After a google search it looks like thats exactly what it is. It expands gaskets and other seals as a temporary fix.
Old 12-19-11, 11:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
i will let you know how it goes on my fairly new (under 1 year old) daizen bushings, only front right seems to be squeaking and its quiet ATM

btw john here is a company i will be buying my RUCA from eventually, im waiting on them to switch their design and production from outsourcing to in house and then when i get my email they ready i will buy them.

http://bold-move.com/?page_id=18
http://bold-move.com/wp-content/uplo..._7139160_n.jpg

their is a white gs on profounds that has them already

Originally Posted by pingu
LOL this stuff sounds exactly like Bars leak. The stuff you can use to fix rear main seal leaks. After a google search it looks like thats exactly what it is. It expands gaskets and other seals as a temporary fix.
yeah it is listed as a seal leak actually when i was doing some research on it. wb BTW, where you been hiding havent seen you on the gs side in awhile
Old 01-12-12, 11:09 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

well, i just ordered this today....waiting on it to get here
Old 01-12-12, 12:09 PM
stevenjai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude is rough as hell when letting that es300 down from on the jack.....

HAHAHA, I was thinking the same.