GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Official Clazzio Leather Seat Covers Review: Custom Diamond Stitched!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-11, 12:05 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The covers look great. On the upside, vinyl will last longer than leather.
Old 12-20-11, 05:44 AM
4eign
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there a custom leather option?
Old 12-20-11, 06:04 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice covers and great price... keep us posted
Old 12-20-11, 06:16 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TRBOSQRL
so when installing the seat covers..,it just slip onto the old seats
Yes they do.

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
wow that is a good deal. it came out nice Daniel.
Thanks bro! Just trying to catch up to you though.

For my budget this was definitely the best route for me to take and as I said they're not cheaply made at all, these are the real deal.

Originally Posted by JEBAAY
they look great,awsome price
Thanks!

Originally Posted by YviE
I think you need to take off the original covers. It's not hard to do with the right tools (hog rings and hog ring pliers). It is very time consuming though.
Negative, they slip on the original seats.

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
wow for only $480 shipped? and thats custom? that an awesome deal and they look great!
Yes totally custom made.

Originally Posted by nar8ta
nice price, the problem is in diamond stitched they are 100% vinyl and not leather. That was a deal breaker for me. I was gonna order these a few months ago and had to pass. No go on the diamond stitched leather. Nice still the same. I know our OEM leather has vinyl insets but I couldn't do the full vinyl.
I believe you are wrong on that. You have the choice of doing Leather/PVC/Suede inserts. I chose leather. PVC is $360 for the GS. Leather is $450.

Originally Posted by YviE
The covers look great. On the upside, vinyl will last longer than leather.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by 4eign
There is. You either have a choice of Leather/PVC/Suede inserts.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Nice covers and great price... keep us posted
Definitely will. I'm just waiting on my mechanic to give me a ring and let me know that the GS is ready to pick up, then it's back to the bat cave to put in work, haha.
Old 12-20-11, 06:50 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Wow that came out very nice for doing it yourself, but then again like you said you've had the skills from when you were a kid. Gotta love mom!

As far as contact and more info on where they are located here it goes..

E-mail: Sales@CarLeatherSeatCovers.com

Phone: (310) 347-6990

Address: 1509 Westmont Drive San Pedro, CA 90732

I know when I was ordering I had to pay in full up front since I was not local to drop off the money, but Jared (the guy who you contact through that e-mail) stated to me that if I were local I could drop off half to get them started, and then the other half when they would be done, but as I said since I was not local I had to pay the full $480 up front prior to having them start on them.
San Pedro is about 70mi from where i'm located so that wouldnt be a problem to go see them , plus it would give me an excuse to go and eat lots of fresh sea food nearby. There's a few places to eat fresh from the ocean grilled shrimp & lobster! So without shipping my cost should be around 450.00 right? I'm still going to do my headliner, upper door panels, rear deck and all pillars in suede, but the seats will definitely be Clazzio. Be sure and post pics as soon as you can the suspense is killing me.......
Old 12-20-11, 07:56 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe you are wrong on that. You have the choice of doing Leather/PVC/Suede inserts. I chose leather. PVC is $360 for the GS. Leather is $450.

There is. You either have a choice of Leather/PVC/Suede inserts.

I wish I was wrong bro, I spoke with two reps........Here is their email:

Thanks for your interest.

By diamond stitching, I'm assuming you mean covers like the ones in the photo I've attached

If that is correct, the covers will have to be All PVC. Clazzio does not make the diamond stitching pattern with a real leather insert.

The price for the diamond stitched covers are $400 shipped, and they will take 10-12 weeks to arrive.

I hope I've answered you questions, if you ahve any more or would like to place an order, let me know!

They really looks nice bro....

Last edited by nar8ta; 12-20-11 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-20-11, 07:58 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by 4eign
For diamond stitching.....no. For a regular pattern Yes.
Old 12-20-11, 08:34 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

By diamond stitching, I'm assuming you mean covers like the ones in the photo I've attached

If that is correct, the covers will have to be All PVC. Clazzio does not make the diamond stitching pattern with a real leather insert.

The price for the diamond stitched covers are $400 shipped, and they will take 10-12 weeks to arrive.

I hope I've answered you questions, if you ahve any more or would like to place an order, let me know!

Wow..and there it is. Seats look great, but I would pass on vinyl. To one of the posters above, Vinyl will NOT last longer than leather. Leather is more durable/thicker than Vinyl.
Old 12-20-11, 09:18 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
Wow..and there it is. Seats look great, but I would pass on vinyl. To one of the posters above, Vinyl will NOT last longer than leather. Leather is more durable/thicker than Vinyl.
Yeah man it really sucks that they don't do this in leather.

And to the thread starter, I don't want you to think im hating on your thread or anything bro, I just don't want people to buy something uninformed and be upset later if it's not to their liking. Been there, done that.
Old 12-20-11, 09:39 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

I have one question for you, how long ago was this? Because as I stated my interior cost me $480 shipped, not $400, and if all PVC custom diamond stitched is $400 shipped then there must be a difference between what you were told and I was told or they were finally able to do leather custom diamond stitching hence the higher price in mine than yours. When I asked for leather they did not tell me that the diamond stitching could not be done in leather. They said okay and asked what colors I wanted.

Yeah man it really sucks that they don't do this in leather.

And to the thread starter, I don't want you to think im hating on your thread or anything bro, I just don't want people to buy something uninformed and be upset later if it's not to their liking. Been there, done that.
Not a problem. Kind of ruined the whole mood of the thread, but I cannot argue with you for trying to properly inform others. I would have preferred you took it to PM than bring it right into the thread because as I stated above there is a difference in the pricing you were quoted, and that I was quoted, also I was never informed that it could NOT be done when I asked for them, so it would have been better if you and I work out the facts via PM than put it directly in my thread.

Nonetheless good looking out for the community.
Old 12-20-11, 10:07 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

I have one question for you, how long ago was this? Because as I stated my interior cost me $480 shipped, not $400, and if all PVC custom diamond stitched is $400 shipped then there must be a difference between what you were told and I was told or they were finally able to do leather custom diamond stitching hence the higher price in mine than yours. When I asked for leather they did not tell me that the diamond stitching could not be done in leather. They said okay and asked what colors I wanted.

Not a problem. Kind of ruined the whole mood of the thread, but I cannot argue with you for trying to properly inform others. I would have preferred you took it to PM than bring it right into the thread because as I stated above there is a difference in the pricing you were quoted, and that I was quoted, also I was never informed that it could NOT be done when I asked for them, so it would have been better if you and I work out the facts via PM than put it directly in my thread.

Nonetheless good looking out for the community.

I was looking to place an order in sept 2011. May be their prices increased or maybe you are right they changed their policy and indeed make a leather diamond stitched kit for our car now. In September they didn't. Also there was no need to PM you direct, this is not a personal attack on you or your thread. I have order things overseas and have really good experiences and some not so nice experiences. I was proved pictures of an item and when I got it, it wasn't close to the color picture they sent and had to get it customized (which I'm happy with now) LOL.

It didn't ruin anything, it adds a balance to the thread. If your right I get to order some new interior (I really hope your right). If your wrong others will be informed of what they are buying. Win win if you ask me.

I also email Clazzio about this and will update the thread as soon as they get back to me.

Lee

Last edited by nar8ta; 12-20-11 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-20-11, 10:15 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

I was looking to place an order in sept 2011. May be their prices increased or maybe you are right they changed their policy and indeed make a leather diamond stitched kit for our car now. In September they didn't. Also there was no need to PM you direct, this is not a personal attack on you or your thread. I have order things overseas and have really good experiences and some not so nice experiences. I was proved pictures of an item and when I got it, it wasn't close to the color picture they sent and had to get it customized (which I'm happy with now) LOL.

It didn't ruin anything, it adds a balance to the thread. If your right I get to order some new interior (I really hope your right). If your wrong others with be informed of what they are buying. Win win if you ask me.

I also email Clazzio about this and will update the thread as soon as they get back to me.

Lee
Haha what a coincidence! I placed my order on October 10 2011.. Sent the PM's and inquiries from mid Sept till the beginning of Oct. when I sent the payment in.

And I did not mean send me a PM because you're personally attacking me or anything but because these past few responses wasn't what the thread was meant for. It was suppose to be a good/negative feedback thread for a new addition to my GS. Not really a friendly controversial thread on whether they do leather inserts or full PVC.

As I said I ordered mine the same time you inquired and it was $80 more so I doubt prices went up.. Which leads me to believe they decided to do leather inserts, but anything is possible.
Old 12-20-11, 12:21 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

Haha what a coincidence! I placed my order on October 10 2011.. Sent the PM's and inquiries from mid Sept till the beginning of Oct. when I sent the payment in.

And I did not mean send me a PM because you're personally attacking me or anything but because these past few responses wasn't what the thread was meant for. It was suppose to be a good/negative feedback thread for a new addition to my GS. Not really a friendly controversial thread on whether they do leather inserts or full PVC.

As I said I ordered mine the same time you inquired and it was $80 more so I doubt prices went up.. Which leads me to believe they decided to do leather inserts, but anything is possible.
Hey buddy, I know that this is your thread and all, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with his post. He stated his experience with the company in question, you stated that he is wrong, and he just replied with a statement from the company in question that backed up his claim. I don't think there was any malice intended. You did name it the "Official" thread right? It's great to see two sides to a story, especially for furture buyers. The seats look great, especially with that piping, but from my experience with getting interiors restored in the past, that price is super cheap for real leather. I went with vinyl in those cars because my intent was to sell it afterwards. Leather would at least double the quote I was given in the past.

Please update the thread once you have these installed!! I would love to see how this looks installed because I love diamond interior. One old school car that I’ve done in the past was diamond white/red stitching interior, because the exterior was kandy apple red. I miss that car...What is the exterior color of your car? Pearl/Crystal white?

Last edited by SaiyanGS3; 07-25-20 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-20-11, 12:40 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

LOL "Official Clazzio Leather Seat cover Review:Custom Diamond Stitched!!!!" Thread

and we have to PM pricing or a confermation weither or not its leather or PVC . Bro that makes no sense. Its a review right. People would like to know pricing, quality, fitment, etc. What if people publicly want to know this information. It directly benifits those who are looking for real leather seat covers in diamond stitching, like my self.

Lastly, this is what Clazzio stated as of 12/20/11 2:30pm Eastern Time:

Hey Lee

Sorry but the diamond stitching is still all PVC. The reason for this is a production issue. The PVC is great quality though and very hard to decipher from the leather.

Let me know if what you would like to do!
Old 12-20-11, 12:49 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

Looks very nice. Can't wait to see them in the car.

Quick Reply: Official Clazzio Leather Seat Covers Review: Custom Diamond Stitched!!!