GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Official Clazzio Leather Seat Covers Review: Custom Diamond Stitched!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-11, 01:06 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by nar8ta
LOL "Official Clazzio Leather Seat cover Review:Custom Diamond Stitched!!!!" Thread

and we have to PM pricing or a confermation weither or not its leather or PVC . Bro that makes no sense. Its a review right. People would like to know pricing, quality, fitment, etc. What if people publicly want to know this information. It directly benifits those who are looking for real leather seat covers in diamond stitching, like my self.

Lastly, this is what Clazzio stated as of 12/20/11 2:30pm Eastern Time:

Hey Lee

Sorry but the diamond stitching is still all PVC. The reason for this is a production issue. The PVC is great quality though and very hard to decipher from the leather.

Let me know if what you would like to do!
The vendor tells the customer what he wants to hear just to get the sell...sad, very sad. Not a stand up company at all, especially waiting 10 wks for vinyl when expected leather. This reminds me of the TM Engineering bushings thread...if posters weren’t stating their experiences with the company, people would still be buying from them based on old posts.

Thanks for posting what these guys sent you.

Last edited by SaiyanGS3; 07-25-20 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-20-11, 01:43 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
The vendor tells the customer what he wants to hear just to get the sell...sad, very sad. Not a stand up company at all, especially waiting 10 wks for vinyl when expected leather. This kind of reminds me of the TM Engineering bushings thread...if posters wasn't stating their experiences with the company, people would still be buying from them based on old posts.

Thanks for posting what these guys sent you.
No problem, It's the least I can do for this site, I've learned so much here and made a lot of friends I talked to on a daily basis.

I won't rag them personally because I asked them these questions upfront and they told me straight, which I was not interested in. I may be intersted in their full leather seat covers, But I really wanted double stitch.

I have experienced other vendors who send a pic of one color and send you something totally different, so if this is the case I empathize with the brother. Sadest thing is, special orders have no return policy. But the point is if he is happy with what he purchased than I'm happy with it. I can't wait for him to post some pics after the install.

Lee
Old 12-20-11, 02:26 PM
Lextasy671
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im anxious to see this on. not bad for the price.
Old 12-20-11, 07:39 PM
perry05g35
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I agree even if they aren't full leather they're still very nice and our oem seats aren't full leather either so no body deal. Seemed to good to be true to find full custom leather seat covers for less than a grand anyway.
Old 12-20-11, 07:42 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YviE
The covers look great. On the upside, vinyl will last longer than leather.
Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
Seats look great, but I would pass on vinyl. To one of the posters above, Vinyl will NOT last longer than leather. Leather is more durable/thicker than Vinyl.
hmmm, I had my interior re-done on my SC and my interior guy told me that vinyl lasts longer than leather as well (had to do with vinyl being man-made, and leather being a natural material so less durable than vinyl or something like that)

I think you need to take off the original covers. It's not hard to do with the right tools (hog rings and hog ring pliers). It is very time consuming though.

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Yes they do.

Negative, they slip on the original seats.
wow, so is this a leather version of the cloth seat covers then?! If so, that explains the great price, and this makes it so much easier to install than removing the original covers like Yvie was mentioning, and this looks so much better than those tacky cloth seat covers they sell at Wal-Mart, Pep Boys, etc. Please hurry up and install these and post pics. I'd love to see how they fit!!!
Old 12-20-11, 11:18 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyways... Back to where this thread was originally suppose to be. What everyone has been waiting on.

Before/After pics.

I'd like to say before I post pics that this is a 2 man job no doubt. You really have to work the seats and even the head rests take 2 people to truly maneuver them correctly into the covers. We only did the fronts today because it was getting late and it was really cold out, haha, so no more waiting here they are!

Driver Before
Name:  IMG_2154.jpg
Views: 2100
Size:  44.6 KB

Driver After
Name:  IMG_2173.jpg
Views: 4030
Size:  41.7 KB

Passenger Before
Name:  IMG_2155.jpg
Views: 2001
Size:  46.7 KB

Passenger After
Name:  IMG_2171.jpg
Views: 2586
Size:  34.5 KB

Armrest Before
Name:  IMG_2159.jpg
Views: 1972
Size:  37.4 KB

Armrest After
Name:  IMG_2172.jpg
Views: 2369
Size:  28.4 KB

Enjoy.

Last edited by LuxuryGS3; 12-24-11 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-20-11, 11:24 PM
tianh
Pole Position

THAT LOOKS HELLA GOOD! I will be ordering myself a set. Can you basically choose any color for the seat and the diamond stitching? Also, can the back seats be done?
Old 12-20-11, 11:28 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tianh
THAT LOOKS HELLA GOOD! I will be ordering myself a set. Can you basically choose any color for the seat and the diamond stitching? Also, can the back seats be done?
Thanks!!

It's honestly amazing in person. Pictures don't justify it.

As far as ordering you basically can choose from any color they have. My inserts/stitching/piping is 'Ivory' though because that's the closest color they had to white. They did not have white, so had to roll with the next best thing they had.

And yes back seats are done also, we just did not get to them tonight, they will be done tomorrow morning and pics will be up sometime tomorrow!
Old 12-20-11, 11:45 PM
tianh
Pole Position

Thanks!!

It's honestly amazing in person. Pictures don't justify it.

As far as ordering you basically can choose from any color they have. My inserts/stitching/piping is 'Ivory' though because that's the closest color they had to white. They did not have white, so had to roll with the next best thing they had.

And yes back seats are done also, we just did not get to them tonight, they will be done tomorrow morning and pics will be up sometime tomorrow!
can't wait for pics Not only do they look good, but essentially these will protect your seats and give them better resale value when you sell it, love it! does the actual seat cover feel like leather though, or like a cheap fake leather?
Old 12-20-11, 11:49 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

can't wait for pics Not only do they look good, but essentially these will protect your seats and give them better resale value when you sell it, love it! does the actual seat cover feel like leather though, or like a cheap fake leather?
To be honest it's hard to explain.. My interior was TOTALLY trashed when I got the car. I mean the prior owners did not care one bit for the poor car.

If I really try and think hard though i'll say this.. When sitting in them you can tell a difference between the leather and them, but they are still of good quality and not cheaply made at all.
Old 12-20-11, 11:50 PM
tianh
Pole Position

To be honest it's hard to explain.. My interior was TOTALLY trashed when I got the car. I mean the prior owners did not care one bit for the poor car.

If I really try and think hard though i'll say this.. When sitting in them you can tell a difference between the leather and them, but they are still of good quality and not cheaply made at all.
Thanks for the prompt response I look forward to those pics tomorrow!
Old 12-21-11, 12:53 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by perry05g35
I agree even if they aren't full leather they're still very nice and our oem seats aren't full leather either so no body deal. Seemed to good to be true to find full custom leather seat covers for less than a grand anyway.
Actually I just installed an OEM black leather interior (2003 GS). I inspected all the pieces and almost found no vinyl. The only vinyl I found was on the underside of the front seats, where the wiring is. And a small patch on the rear seats, on the underside also. So, theoretically, our OEM leather interiors are not 100% real leather (I'd say 98%), but there still is much more real leather to be found than in many other "premium" cars.

Originally Posted by veritek
hmmm, I had my interior re-done on my SC and my interior guy told me that vinyl lasts longer than leather as well (had to do with vinyl being man-made, and leather being a natural material so less durable than vinyl or something like that)
Yeah, I've always been told vinyl will last longer. Also, when you check out Mercedes boards you'll often read that MBTex will last longer than real leather (but won't look as good).

Wow, your interior was completely thrashed!! These covers are a really nice upgrade. I'm pretty sure they are much easier to clean and much more scratch resistant than real leather. For "slip on" covers they fit really well. Well done!

And... post pics of the rears!!
Old 12-21-11, 01:46 AM
G's Up
Rookie

Looks great!

Maybe it's the light, but your exterior looks like it could use a clay bar
Old 12-21-11, 06:30 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by veritek
Thats the point...it's man made, not natural. You answered the question in your own response. When items are "man made", people are mixing together different chemicals/material/products to stimulate the real thing, which in the case is leather. I think we all know that natural products are much better and man made items, and that's across the board, with any product or consumer good. I know from personal experience and from dealing with interior restorers (who will actually tell you the truth, not trying to make a sell) that vinyl, which is durable but in NO WAY shape or form does it last longer than vinyl. Over time, it starts to crack/break (mine in a 3 yr time frame). Vinyl does offer less maintenance, but has no way of "breathing"...leather does. If you clean your leather seats and condition them at least two times a month, they will last for a long time. Most people who have leather seats don't average a tear in the seat until 7-10yrs and that's with minimum upkeep.

Simple way to think about it. Why do you think that all luxury brands put real leather in their cars? If vinyl was better, don't you think they would've switched over by now, especially being that vinyl is cheaper than real leather. Also, think about vinyl furniture vs leather furniture sofas...which would you choose? Vinyl tears easily...found this out while I was in college lol You don't have to belive me, get on Google and educate yourself buddy.

To the OP, seats look great!! I'm so afraid of my seats tearing, I sit on a plush towel and have a small one I lay on the arm rest so that it doesn't turn to what you have. This is only M-F while I'm working...Sat and Sun I fold them and put them in the back seat while I'm out crusing.
Old 12-21-11, 07:34 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the prompt response I look forward to those pics tomorrow!
Anytime, and I just woke up my partner is suppose to come over around 10 so we can get started on the rears and finish up. Pics should be up real soon cause the rears don't seem that difficult.

Wow, your interior was completely thrashed!! These covers are a really nice upgrade. I'm pretty sure they are much easier to clean and much more scratch resistant than real leather. For "slip on" covers they fit really well. Well done!

And... post pics of the rears!!
Yeah I am the 5th owner on my car and not to mention the only one that really seemed to care for it. This is my first car and if i've learned anything from my experience it's get a carfax, learn about the car inside and out before purchasing, and look for one that only has one or two owners! Would have saved me A LOT of expense and trouble if I would have done that, but I was excited to just get my first car and took the first good deal that was thrown at me, haha.

I will in about 3 hours or so when they're done.

Originally Posted by G's Up
Looks great!

Maybe it's the light, but your exterior looks like it could use a clay bar
Thanks!

And it's def the light. I took all these at night and it was dark, not to mention I was using my iPhone. I actually just clayed my car 2 weeks ago and waxed it. The car is dirty though considering I just got it back from my mechanic also so yeah.

Quick Reply: Official Clazzio Leather Seat Covers Review: Custom Diamond Stitched!!!