GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Would like stock rear wheel to sit flush with fender -> 2001 gs430

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-12 | 05:54 AM
gtmuggs
Rookie

post pics once its done please i have the same wheels on my gs 400 and might do the same mod if it looks nice
Old 03-19-12 | 08:37 PM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

I would be very intersted to see what those stock 17's would look like with the following:

Rear:
OEM rims widened to 17x11
25mm spacer
315-35-17

Front
15mm spacer
245-45-17
Old 10-07-12 | 08:53 PM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
if you end up deciding to lower your gs (please do) it's not... if you lower to a no wheel gap stance, a 40mm rear spacer will just about get you flush with the oem 17. I run 35mm fronts and 40mm rears when I'm on oem 17s with a slight tuck and at that point its just barely flush. you'd be surprised whats needed to have those stock wheels sitting proper. best bet is to call up my ninja at http://www.wheeladapter.com/wheel_spacers.php and have them custom cut.
Wow really? Do you have any pictures on how that looks? Still running factory tire size too?
Old 10-07-12 | 09:53 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Ive had 25mm on the rear and its no where close to flush, Ive seen someone run 38mm rears with no problem
Old 10-08-12 | 10:47 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Please post pics if you flush out your OEM 17" wheels. Please! Very interested to see how it will look. Anyone got any pics of that kind of setup please post!
Old 10-08-12 | 11:01 AM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

I really want to see some flush pics too! I just recently picked up a '03 Granite SportDesign that has the Chome 17" GS4 wheels on it. I want to get wheels, but just had a baby two days ago and prob won't be able to pick up wheels as soon as I'd like.
Old 10-09-12 | 05:36 AM
lextout
Racer

If you have spacers, wont you get a shake in the steering wheel going over 60mp? was never a big fan of spacers,imo.

Last edited by lextout; 10-09-12 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-09-12 | 06:26 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

To get OEM 17's to sit flush:
15MM spacers up front and 25MM spacers in the back.
You want bolt on spacers with the studs pressed in, not slip on spacers. And make sure they are hub to wheel centric.
You want these:
Old 10-09-12 | 07:09 AM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Originally Posted by lextout
If you have spacers, wont you get a shake in the steering wheel going over 60mp? was never a big fan of spacers,imo.
Shake/vibration with spacers is extremely common if they are not "hubcentric"

Make sure that any spacers you buy have the hubcentric lip like the image directly above.
Old 10-09-12 | 07:19 PM
GS714
Pole Position

Default NIce car/wheels and color

Check this post out. I think you may like it. btw, I have the same color.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...running-2.html
Old 04-09-13 | 01:00 AM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TI II
To get OEM 17's to sit flush:
15MM spacers up front and 25MM spacers in the back.
You want bolt on spacers with the studs pressed in, not slip on spacers. And make sure they are hub to wheel centric.
You want these:
Are you saying the rear wheel 'track' is more NARROW than the front? I have 15mm spacers (with longer studs installed) on the FRONT- although I take off the spacers and can run my AME 19's with the closed-end Tuner lugnuts no prob. (due to the design of the AME wheels)

Anyway- I'm very interested in getting my rear wheels to sit nice and flush like the front... I was debating between 15mm and 20mm- but NOW I'm thinking I should buy 25mm (adapters) for the rear...so when running the factory 16" OEM (winter) rims and/or 5-spoke 17" (spring/fall) rims, the will be FLUSH.

Why 25mm in the rear??

Ahhhh... tough call. ALSO- I installed (20mm) Exact RCA's in the rear with stock suspension, still...so even at the lowest setting of added + camber, the rear wheels have ZERO neg camber...and I'm concerned they may rub with 245/45's on the stock 17's.

Please elaborate on the 15mm/25mm spacer set-up, if you can,

And for all of your who want your OEM wheels to be FLUSH... do you have stock fenders?
FLUSH -and no rubbing with no mods? Or are we talking cut and/or rolled fenders ?

THANKS FOR THE HELP fellas!
Old 04-09-13 | 07:59 AM
FrankT
Instructor

25mm up front and 38mm rear with 17" stockers. That's how I rolled now I have stock 18's.

spacer thread

another spacer thread
Old 04-09-13 | 09:29 PM
LandonGs03
Driver School Candidate

I ran 15mm in the rear and they are not enough. Im going with 25mm soon. That seems to be the best fitment.
Old 04-11-13 | 10:09 AM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
don't use slip on 10mm spacers with stock studs. there wont be enough threads catching the lugnuts. I've tried. 5mm slip on is the largest "safe" size you want to use with factory studs.
Of course... I understand this for sure.
I currently have (15mm) LONGER studs installed up front, and run the 15mm adapters with both the (16" WINTER) and Chrome 17" stockers.
My 19" AME Shallen CX wheels actually have sort of a "built-in" spacer- by their design (on the front, at least- which are 19 x 8.5) so I can use my closed-end lugs even though I have the longer studs already installed on my car... there is enough extra gap inside of the lugnuts, with those AME wheels installed.

For the back though- I'm having a hard time deciding if should buy 10mm or 15mm ADAPTERS (so I can remove them when running the AME 19's... as the back wheels def don't need any longer studs at all)

Other thing- this is the tricky part- FOR NOW- I have the ExactMotorsports [20mm] REAR RCA kit installed - along with the SAGE [30mm] FRONT RCA kit installed, but with the STOCK suspension I am have the rear RCA's installed so the LEAST amount of + camber is added but STILL had a tiny bit of POSITIVE camber- as the Exact RCA's should DEF only be used in conjuction with either lowering springs, or adjustable coilovers! (Dahhhaammmit!)

SO- lol, for the time being I put a little over 100lb of weights in the spare tire well- then got a 4-wheel alignment- right now my car has ZERO Neg (or positive) camber in the rear. Do you think it will rub with 245/45/ZR17 tires, with 15mm adapters on the rear ?

SORRY- prob the most IN DEPTH post/QUESTION I've ever posted on CL....

CLIFF NOTES:
If any of you guys can shed some light on what size rear adapters should fit and not rub, without modding the rear fenders at all, while having NO NEGATIVE REAR CAMBER (due to having installed Exact's 20mm REAR RCA's....which have put my rear camber to 0.0%)... also, I currently have a new set of 245/45/ZR17's on all four of my OEM 17's.

If need be, I'll have them all replaced with the stock size... 235/45.... but right now, if I could run the 245/45's...and not rub with 15mm rear spacers- even though the wheels have a tad MORE positive camber than stock...then that would be great !
Old 04-11-13 | 10:17 AM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LandonGs03
I ran 15mm in the rear and they are not enough. Im going with 25mm soon. That seems to be the best fitment.
Really? What about the front? and are you talking "HELLAFLUSH" <-- lol... and you have modified fenders so the tires don't rub.

OR ....Flush but still clear without any mods to fenders/wheelwells?

That helps me a lot, man! I was just about to order some 15mm rear (adapters) spacers and call it a day... but if I can get away with 20mm (since I've added a little bit of positive camber with the Exact Motorsports REAR RCA's) or even 25mm?! I'd DEF rather do that. As long as it won't rub...

ALSO- I have 15mm spacers installed up front (along with 15mm longer studs)- and although the wheels aren't FLUSH to the body- at all...they look SOOOOOO much better than the stock.
BUT, my problem is... I'm running 245/45's on the stock 17" wheels, and with (SAGE 30mm) RCA's installed up front- which is ONLY a tiny 1.1" drop- the tires rub the black inner fender wells when the suspension dips over an inch or so.

BASICALLY- here's all I need to know... DO THE FRONT AND REAR AXLES OF OUR CARS HAVE THE EXACT SAME "TRACK?" or... are the back wheels a tiny bit more 'sunk-in' than the front wheels, STOCK????

Thanks for your input, upstateGS4 !

Quick Reply: Would like stock rear wheel to sit flush with fender -> 2001 gs430