GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Why does are car create such hate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-02, 12:32 AM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does are car create such hate?

I mean I was reading the thread about the car that got keyed. But I am telling you I don't know what it is about the GS but everytime you drive it people look at you. I mean maybe they look at me because I am young. I do fear parking it. That just gets me so pisted off. It's like no matter how hard you work for something some jerk for no reason will be a moron. Whatever... There defently the people in high school and now there mad because we got hot cars plus a good income.

** edited for language **

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-17-02 at 12:47 AM.
Old 10-17-02, 12:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very true, in my acura no one really pays attention, but when i drive my gs4 people look at me like i am from mars. but i know it's mostly coz' of the car

1) i am young
2) the car is blue
3) it has 19", all fixed up
4) i have to back into space always

every time i park i have to be very careful too, sigh...
Old 10-17-02, 12:45 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

alot of times it has to do with your image. When people see young people in nice cars, they start to get jealous or even hate. To avoid vendalism I always stay cool

When I park my car in crowded areas, I never act like I'm all that (I'm sure alot of young people in nice cars do. I've seen this 16~17 yr old punk in a S55 AMG that I really wanna kick ) Anyways stay normal and don't arouse any hate or contempt. And don't start stuff with people unless you're IN the car and can drive away at anytime.

But if you do all the above and still get keyed or something, then maybe you're fixing up your car wrong and it's so ugly that people wanna key it
Old 10-17-02, 01:01 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Jealousy

"Jealousy is for those that cannot accomplish anything for themselves."

Put that bumper sticker on the GS and LOOK OUT.

Sad to say that many exist that harbor ill feelings toward those with more/better toys.

I get it all the time. I just ignore them. Pisses them off even more. What can you do.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 10-20-02 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-17-02, 01:56 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

yea, that was my thread you were reading, and I sure as hell am wondering the same thing!! And then this morning I get pulled over by a young State Trooper for my light window tint. He starts questiong me like crazy:"Where are you going?" Where are you coming from?" "Why were you there??" Does anyone else get that when they get pulled over?? Maybe it's just a DWB thing, I dunno.
Old 10-17-02, 02:36 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ebruceii:

love your rims..
hate those people who keyed your car
Old 10-17-02, 04:54 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

I think a lot has to do with the environment you are in. I mean, if you are driving or parking in some area where everyone drives a nice cars and live in nice homes, I doubt if many people will even notice you or I in our Lexus. But, if you are driving a nice car in a low income area where most of the cars you see are on blocks or lack center brake lights, there is a good possibility that you/your car will 'get hated on'. I realize that it kind of defeats the purpose of buying a nice car, but I pretty much think of the evironment where I will have to drive and park before deciding whether or not to drive my GS. If things don't look to good, I take my beater.
Old 10-17-02, 05:03 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Angry weak people

haters hit you where it hurts, they see you have put dedication and time into your car, they almost immediately think your spoiled, er just better. I get that alot around here because the majority of people that drive a lexus are people of a higher class, i don't think i am in any class, i just work and go to school and get by, i think that if i was a punk in my car people would prob expect it. Doing something to someones property is weak. Thats like jumping someone, or sucker punching someone. But what goes around comes around...so i am sure they will get their...and more than likely..they will suffer worse than just a scratch
Old 10-17-02, 05:23 PM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try not to drive my car when I know my destination isn't a good area or if there isn't good parking. Like this weekend, I am going to see a Kings game at the staples center. I am either going to get my friend to drive, or drive my commuter car there. To me there are too many things that might happen to the car, especially with a lot of people there, and the fact of leaving my car in this huge parking lot. That is just asking for it. Other than that, I try to do what Globe said, and act normal, try not to stir attention onto myself.
Old 10-17-02, 06:05 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

I am the same way...But my firends always tell me that I am pyscho and that I worry to much. I hate that they always get mad at me because I park far away or I don't drive a lot. I don't know thats why the next Lexus I get I am going to lease it so I don't worry as much.
Old 10-17-02, 06:21 PM
SW03ES
Pole Position

Naa, leasing won't help ya. You'll still be just as **** about it

Get the scratch fixed quick!
Old 10-17-02, 06:23 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Truuuuuuuuue
Old 10-17-02, 06:50 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Yes I agree. For some reason nice cars do create hate and I agree that it's caused by jealousy. Some people/drivers are just nasty to everybody else on the road regardless of what they drive. Like they won't let you merge in when your lane is closed or blocked, etc. But when some people see you in a nice car like a Lexus and you look young, they immediately want to do something to inconvenience you or to try and show they are somehow better than you. It really amazes me the looks that I get. I even get dirty looks from people thinking I'm not going to stop at a stop sign long enough for them to cross the street. I'm actually extremely courteous to pedestrians because on weekdays I'm usually walking. My favorite thing is when people crossing the street hold up their hand to tell me to stop like that's really going to make me stop...lol.

Last edited by Sam Khoury; 10-18-02 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-18-02, 10:54 AM
kuruption213
Pole Position

this is a ongoing thing because there have been several threads about this. it sucks but what can you do, being young and in my case a minority doesn't help either. i got pulled over by a cop once who asked me if this was a neighbor's car ( i was like what the hell does that mean), then another cop pulled me over because he said there were several GS's that had been stolen. I had seen a few gs pass me by when i was pulled over and asked him about all those cars and he said they didn't match the description. oh well it sucks because i wanted a GS not because I wanted to impress anyone but because I've loved this car ever since it came out and never was able to afford it, oh well i guess we could have worse problems to be dealing with.
Old 10-18-02, 12:32 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe you guys need to move down South with the more friendly folk.

I've never experienced [knock knock] this kind of hate you guys describe. Most looks are more of admiration or appreciation, not jealousy, and that's from all age and socioeconomic groups. Merging is never an issue (esp with a GS4 :eek: j/k guys).

Quick Reply: Why does are car create such hate?