GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tte lip polyurethane???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-12, 11:16 PM
Teasy010
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not too familiar with bodykits, but would like a cheap nice lip kits. Any suggestions? Thank You.
Old 01-20-12, 02:03 AM
nGooo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Teasy010
I'm not too familiar with bodykits, but would like a cheap nice lip kits. Any suggestions? Thank You.
????????????
Old 01-20-12, 05:48 AM
Redline26
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xtremex626
no need to spread false and misleading information around. for the last time, the real tte lip is made out of polyeurethane. the tte rep was then made in fiberglass but since there were a bunch of requests for it to be made in polyeurethane, the company (o-nex) decided to make them in polyeurethane, so now we have tte replica's made in polyeurethane and fiberglass.
O-nex doesnt make the poly lips. They order it over seas and distribute them like all the other companies. If u look up o-nex they specialize in hid bulbs..
Old 01-20-12, 05:50 AM
Redline26
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Teasy010
Hahah Ngoo...tte rep lip is the best deal that ur goin to get right now..
Old 01-20-12, 10:48 AM
xtremex626
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

well, the guy there said he had them special ordered to be made in polyeurethane overseas so you're right on that part. yes, their site clearly specializes in HID kits but i was at their store in person. they sell lips, junction produce acccessories, air fresheners, HID kits, etc.

on the same note.. i've been to a company that specializes in audio (Al & Ed's Autosound), but they also do exhaust work, sell rims, body/interior work, engine work, hardwire laser detectors, etc.
Old 01-20-12, 11:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by xtremex626
here are the pics!
sad day

let the flaming start for this but i PROUDLY drive with my REAL products. some days im really ashamed to be a member, now i know why so many good companies are out of business and people who constantly steal other people's products/ideas flourish in this world

and no I know TTE isnt out of business im not specifically referring to them.
Old 01-20-12, 12:11 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Since i cant buy a new TTE lip now imma have to go for these MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jk Brian. :3
Old 01-20-12, 12:29 PM
Redline26
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
sad day

let the flaming start for this but i PROUDLY drive with my REAL products. some days im really ashamed to be a member, now i know why so many good companies are out of business and people who constantly steal other people's products/ideas flourish in this world

Thats just wat makes the world go round and round. People gotta make money somehow. And theres ppl like us who spend it
Old 01-20-12, 10:28 PM
HangLoose
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So guys who already got these, do you recommend? Seriously taking this into consideration with the cheap shipping without restrictions.
Old 01-20-12, 11:17 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I went to pick this lipkit up with xtreme626 and it was alright. The indention of the line on the lip isn't consistent throughout the whole lip but can fix it pretty easily by sanding it. Probably the lip is gonna be put on Ngooo car on saturday/sunday.
Old 01-21-12, 11:42 AM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know why TTE stopped selling these? It doesn't seem to make sense considering they have always been popular.
Old 01-22-12, 02:15 AM
nGooo
Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
sad day

well lemme know where i can get a new TTE lip or a used one with the badge because id buy it. the real deal are hard to come by. you hardly see them in the for sale section and the ones that are posted right now dont have badges. so why buy the real one with no badge for like 400 bucks when people are just gonna hate and say its fake cause it has no badge. if it came with a badge that would be different. i rather get a replica polyurethane for 180 rather pay 400 for one with no badge people gonna hate either way. idk how low you sit but i sit pretty damn low and that lip is gonna get chewed up.
Old 01-22-12, 02:19 AM
nGooo
Driver

Originally Posted by BoostAddct
Does anyone know why TTE stopped selling these? It doesn't seem to make sense considering they have always been popular.
they still make them but dont export to the US anymore. from what i heard it was because company's where replicating them. correct me if im wrong.
Old 01-22-12, 03:19 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I think that's false. The replicas didn't pop up until about 1-2 years after TTE discontinued the lip. It wasn't too much to begin with anyways, I think around $350 or so(when they were still distributing here). The replicas are only about $100 cheaper and of inferior material. I'm sure if they were making replicas at the same time the real TTE was readily available, most people would of opted to buy the real thing.
Old 01-22-12, 06:18 AM
Protagnist
Rookie

So, is this the source of the urethane lip:

http://bit.ly/vYX4QQ

Would like to see pictures of one of these installed. The argument for real vs replica is BS when the company no longer makes them and gouged you on the price originally.

In my miata days, Mazda charged $375 for the same type of lip that could easily be duplicated with Home Depot garden border stripping. I'll take the $11 Home Depot job that looks IDENTICAL to OEM any day of the week if you are going to charge me $375 for a piece of bolt-on plastic. Check the BMW forums, and you will see people are doing the same thing there.

You might have an argument if we are talking about those who buy 442 Clones, SS Clones, GT350 Clones, etc. and diluting the market. But we are talking about a stupid piece of 4" plastic.

Quick Reply: Tte lip polyurethane???