GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Tte lip polyurethane???

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-12, 08:02 AM
BoostAddct
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
I think that's false. The replicas didn't pop up until about 1-2 years after TTE discontinued the lip. It wasn't too much to begin with anyways, I think around $350 or so(when they were still distributing here). The replicas are only about $100 cheaper and of inferior material. I'm sure if they were making replicas at the same time the real TTE was readily available, most people would of opted to buy the real thing.
Yea I bet most people would buy them if they were $300 or so....$100 more for a known quality piece and I'm sure people would go with the real thing....but since the real thing isn't really available then I don't blame people for getting a replica....it's a great looking lip and people want it so it's too bad TTE stopped importing theirs.
Old 01-22-12, 06:32 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed.Hopefully someone has pictures with it installed
Old 01-23-12, 12:07 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostAddct
Does anyone know why TTE stopped selling these? It doesn't seem to make sense considering they have always been popular.
probably because all the same people talking about if they had a group buy would buy one....when it came time like everything else on here those same people who were talking about how much they wanted it werent anywhere to be found....

no i dunno why actually BTW they didnt stop selling them, they stopped importing them to the US. these were sold/made by Toyota Europe (similar to TRD in US) and this is what their site now says

http://www.tte.de/

Originally Posted by nGooo
well lemme know where i can get a new TTE lip or a used one with the badge because id buy it. the real deal are hard to come by. you hardly see them in the for sale section and the ones that are posted right now dont have badges. so why buy the real one with no badge for like 400 bucks when people are just gonna hate and say its fake cause it has no badge. if it came with a badge that would be different. i rather get a replica polyurethane for 180 rather pay 400 for one with no badge people gonna hate either way. idk how low you sit but i sit pretty damn low and that lip is gonna get chewed up.
no you wont cause there has been one on their for months WITH a badge you havent even taken a stab at getting it.....besides making your WTB thread. NOT TO MENTION YOUR TRYING TO TRADE YOUR CAR SO YOU REALLY DONT HAVE ANY INTEREST IN BUYING ONE, SO I SAY AGIN NO YOU WOULDNT.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...une-grill.html

dunno if this one is still for sale

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...e-400-obo.html

if the bold is true your whole post is pointless and you will NEVER be getting this lip...fiberglass wouldnt last if u low and if you get the "replica" poly one im sure its made from inferior products and wont last either.....

IF u really want the real deal you could just wait till one pops up and ****** it up....i passed on mine BNIB for $300 delivered for a LONG time till i slowly noticed they were getting higher and higher and fewer and fewer

BTW get that real one and have someone make a badge for you....OR just stop caring what people think since YOU know its real.

Last edited by sakataj; 01-23-12 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-23-12, 02:09 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cool, can't wait to pick this up! Fake lips FTW! I'll have to replicate the TTE badge too and fake the funk..Brian, can I borrow yours to knock off?
Old 01-24-12, 02:07 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
if the bold is true your whole post is pointless and you will NEVER be getting this lip...fiberglass wouldnt last if u low and if you get the "replica" poly one im sure its made from inferior products and wont last either.....
BTW get that real one and have someone make a badge for you....OR just stop caring what people think since YOU know its real.
I've seen his car, his car sits low most people wouldn't be able to drive his car the way he does. Why wouldn't he want to get the lip? Just because it'll be chewed up? So what its his money let him spend it however he feels like it.

Shouldn't you stop caring about people that are getting TTE rep or replicas in general? Seems all it does is make you anger/frustrated/disappointed.

Originally Posted by speedaddic
cool, can't wait to pick this up! Fake lips FTW! I'll have to replicate the TTE badge too and fake the funk..Brian, can I borrow yours to knock off?
VIP CL style build.
fusa kitsuna and tte lip rep
Old 01-24-12, 01:06 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedaddic
sure we can start out own little company for people to buy fake junk and we can call it "Fake The Funk Products"

Originally Posted by sc300jz
Shouldn't you stop caring about people that are getting TTE rep or replicas in general? Seems all it does is make you anger/frustrated/disappointed.
seems you dont know as much as you thought....i dont care who buys what and im not angry/frustrated/disappointed. all i really said was i drive with my real products
Old 01-24-12, 02:39 PM
Redline26
Pole Position

Real poly or fake poly...**** are ****
Old 01-24-12, 04:54 PM
7speed
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Redline26
Ageed, I can't believe such a big deal this has become.
Old 01-25-12, 12:29 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 7speed
Ageed, I can't believe such a big deal this has become.
Over a lip that isnt even all that lmao.
Old 01-25-12, 05:49 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Totally agree....lol

Old 01-25-12, 09:22 AM
850Lexus
Pole Position

This is a funny thread. Butts are getting hurt.

I could care less about the name brand. I care about the quality of the part and other than maybe a little sanding. I don't see how quality could be affected when it comes to a poly urethane strip 4" wide. Its F'in plastic.
Personally, I think the TTE lip is one of the ugliest lips you can buy. It doesn't flow with the front bumper.

There are situations where buying the real Sony camcorder vs the Cony knock off is better. But that is not always the case.
Old 01-25-12, 10:30 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

**** are ****
not really...have you ever felt a fake one? DEF not the same....
Old 01-25-12, 12:57 PM
Redline26
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
not really...have you ever felt a fake one? DEF not the same....
Haha glad to know u can google.

And unfortunately i wont be feeling my front lip, ill let the road do that.
Old 01-25-12, 02:02 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Haha glad to know u can google.
lost on the google comment... i actually have first hand experience
Old 01-26-12, 03:20 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

Any pictures with this lip?