GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

removed OEM spoiler... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-12, 05:41 AM
DFWSC300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexustrung
i removed oem spoiler off my gs and discovered 7 holes.. 3 on right side and 4 on left side, where may i be able to buy plugs for the larger sized holes? will take pictures tomorrow for reference. if you guys already know what im talking about please help.
^ To anyone who is in this thread or on this site for that matter, This guy is a fraud. Screwed me over on some wheels already. Just giving everyone a heads up.
Old 02-13-12, 05:49 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by DFWSC300
^ To anyone who is in this thread or on this site for that matter, This guy is a fraud. Screwed me over on some wheels already. Just giving everyone a heads up.
Well leave him a negative trader score (the number that in () by your username) so everyone can know to stay away from him. This is only if he really screwed you over. Just posting it him will not be enough because this thread will eventually go away once enough new posts pops up.

I can't stand dead beat sellers!!
Old 02-13-12, 06:33 AM
DFWSC300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
Well leave him a negative trader score (the number that in () by your username) so everyone can know to stay away from him. This is only if he really screwed you over. Just posting it him will not be enough because this thread will eventually go away once enough new posts pops up.

Just did. Thanks. Apparently his game is to troll through the classifieds and find people that are interested in wheels, and then messages them saying he has the same wheels for sale. Then after sending you pictures he found off someone else's for sale page (found this out later), you send payment and all communication stops, your number is blocked and your money is gone. Club Lexus is a good site. Sad to see there are people like this still around.
Old 02-13-12, 06:42 AM
DFWSC300
Driver School Candidate

**double posted on accident
Old 02-13-12, 05:54 PM
808_GS400
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just did. Thanks. Apparently his game is to troll through the classifieds and find people that are interested in wheels, and then messages them saying he has the same wheels for sale. Then after sending you pictures he found off someone else's for sale page (found this out later), you send payment and all communication stops, your number is blocked and your money is gone. Club Lexus is a good site. Sad to see there are people like this still around.
this is why its always best to use paypal and pay the fees. that way, both seller and buyer is protected just in case anything happens on either end. but even if you use paypal, and you dont pay the fees, the transaction is not protected and paypal cant help you out.
sorry to hear about your experience, hope you get your money back if you lost any.
Old 02-13-12, 06:47 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Originally Posted by 808_GS400
this is why its always best to use paypal and pay the fees. that way, both seller and buyer is protected just in case anything happens on either end. but even if you use paypal, and you dont pay the fees, the transaction is not protected and paypal cant help you out.
sorry to hear about your experience, hope you get your money back if you lost any.
what fees are you talking about? I've purchased plenty of things thru paypal and I don't have any idea what fees you are talking about. is there some type of buyer protection fee?
Old 02-13-12, 06:57 PM
808_GS400
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what fees are you talking about? I've purchased plenty of things thru paypal and I don't have any idea what fees you are talking about. is there some type of buyer protection fee?
not sure how to really explain it but......for example, when you buy an item and you have to deposit the funds into the sellers account, theres usually a 3% charge when money is sent. the only way to avoid the fee is to send the money as a "gift". search on the paypal site for more info. Now if youyou bought things on ebay and paid with paypal, i believe the fees dont apply. someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 02-13-12, 08:30 PM
randee973
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SELFMade
You want to sale your spoiler??
sell you my wing 80$ shipped its mint . black
Old 02-13-12, 09:42 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

eBay; does the work for you thru PayPal and sellers like me get screwed once Paypal takes their 3.5% cut then eBay takes a cut and off shipping costs. Basically, you dot ever see this on eBay from a buyers end.

Private; YOU choose how you pay the seller - gift or goods. Except since it doesn't deal with eBay hey charge this 3% externally, as it is not associated with an immediate eBay seller or item. Some protection, since they can ask the seller to provide tracking - but they don't have to unlike when buyin via eBay. Takes forever to get money back after countless emails and calls, and still not guaranteed in the end.

Gift; no fee, but still they take a small amount off the total from either party (seller chooses whom pays). No follow up in any scam case since it is a gift and not associated with goods purchase.

Either case- don't hold your breath, these guys are crooks (eBay and PayPal). Sellers get ****ed, buyers get all the benefits in the case of eBay, other than that - this is why they implement stupid policies on eBay since people scam thru the private channels.

It's also te dudes fault. I someone is selling wheels they should e able to snap a pic with username, date and website. So the buyer was a dumbass in this case, since he fell for it without being careful. No pity from me.
Old 02-13-12, 09:47 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

You could've prevented it. Your fault. When buying online any seller should be able to provide a picture with name tag, date and website to show you it's them and not a stock photo. I do this for nearly all my transactions when people ask.
Old 02-13-12, 10:13 PM
shurian
Pit Crew

To DFWSC300

Thats right i recieved a pm from Lexustrung about the wheels he offering for sale couple days ago,u should start a tread to prevent and warn other members!!!!
Old 02-13-12, 11:57 PM
try2fndmrk
Pole Position

What kinda wheels was he tryna sell?
Old 02-14-12, 06:18 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
eBay; does the work for you thru PayPal and sellers like me get screwed once Paypal takes their 3.5% cut then eBay takes a cut and off shipping costs. Basically, you dot ever see this on eBay from a buyers end.

Private; YOU choose how you pay the seller - gift or goods. Except since it doesn't deal with eBay hey charge this 3% externally, as it is not associated with an immediate eBay seller or item. Some protection, since they can ask the seller to provide tracking - but they don't have to unlike when buyin via eBay. Takes forever to get money back after countless emails and calls, and still not guaranteed in the end.

Gift; no fee, but still they take a small amount off the total from either party (seller chooses whom pays). No follow up in any scam case since it is a gift and not associated with goods purchase.

Either case- don't hold your breath, these guys are crooks (eBay and PayPal). Sellers get ****ed, buyers get all the benefits in the case of eBay, other than that - this is why they implement stupid policies on eBay since people scam thru the private channels.

It's also te dudes fault. I someone is selling wheels they should e able to snap a pic with username, date and website. So the buyer was a dumbass in this case, since he fell for it without being careful. No pity from me.
Now this I am aware of. I've purchased and sold on eBay. eBay bought paypal so you are getting F'ked out of your money with a double hit once you sell something.

I also agree with the picture thing. If I'm going to buy something on here once there is a confirmed price, I will ask for the following also. If they can't do that, it the deal is void.
Old 02-14-12, 07:19 AM
Acer
Lead Lap

He tried to sell me coil overs didn't seem like a scam but who knows.
Old 02-14-12, 10:00 AM
monkey92
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow i just realize this is the same guy who randomly sent me a pm about having wheels to sell. this is directly from the pm

i have a set of slightly used varrstoen es 1.1.2 rims in hyper silver
19x9.5 + 22 and 19x11 +25 no curbs bends or cracks used for about 600 to 700 miles will include tires of 80% tread willing to ship at your cost, also will include varrstoens open ended lugs in red.

Quick Reply: removed OEM spoiler... now what?