GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Stupid question, Where is the blower motor fuse/relay for 99 gs4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-12, 09:08 PM
sam12345
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you check the voltage on the two wires I wrote to you about on the pm?
Old 03-17-12, 12:27 AM
Meyagi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 98 gs300 has the exact same problem, pull the 10a fuse, blower works fine, just no a/c and auto climate control. tonight it decided to keep the blower fan on high all the time, no matter what you tell the panel to do, and even with the car shut off and the key out, blower still runs on high. the only way to shut it off is pull the 50a fuse out of the under hood fuse panel. This is an annoying problem, and im going to attempt to get to the bottom of it. if i figure anything out, ill be sure to post it, and if you figure anything out, please post too!
Old 03-17-12, 06:07 AM
LexXxtacy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey sam, No I havent I should be getting my voltmeter back this weekend when my buddy drops that a few other tools off back to me so I will soon as I get that.

Meyagi, yeah its a weird problem I odnt get it specially when the fuse is unplugged, please let me know if you find anything out ill do the same for you as well
Old 03-17-12, 06:19 AM
ZBABAR
Driver School Candidate

I think your blower motor resister is bad. replaced that resister.
Old 03-17-12, 07:59 AM
LexXxtacy
Driver

possibly for meyagi that could be it, i already switched out the ressitor to eliminate that as a culprit
Old 03-17-12, 09:55 AM
Meyagi
Driver

its possible it went bad, but before my fan decided to stay on all the time, i had the exact same problem as you.
can you make a list of every part you have tried thus far so i have an idea where to start troubleshooting?
so far everything really points to the body ecu no1, since thats what gives the heater relay its ground to kick the blower motor on, and if it runs with the 10a fuse out, that says that theres possibly a ground issue with that ecu. I have a feeling this is a ground problem somewhere, its just finding out where, as you know theres 1,000,000 wires in these stupid cars haha
Old 03-17-12, 10:50 AM
LexXxtacy
Driver

yeah and thats the frustrating part that there are so many wires. i first tried the blower motor then the resistor pack, the climate control, both body ecu's basically everything to do witht he heater. I have a feeling its the actual fuse box itself that something shorted inside of it, but to remove it is a pIA because of he wires on the back of it, and you have to remove the parking brake and everything and im stil looking for a replacement box for a decent price. if not then ill focus on to the MAIN ECU. Just very frustrating
Old 03-17-12, 11:33 AM
Meyagi
Driver

on the blower motor resistor, the smallest wire, i think its red/blue, what voltage are you getting there? i only get .5 volts with the fan on high(fan doesnt run tho) and the manual calls for 1-3V so im not sure if my ac control panel is junk or what. do you have any leftover parts i could buy to try swapping out, like the resistor, and the ac control?
where im at now is my fan wont run at all, i have 12v to the purple wire thats in the connector at the bottom of the passenger side fuse panel, that is the body ecu signal wire to ground the fan relay and give power to the blower resistor. if i ground that wire, the fan comes on, but only on high speed. it no longer matters if my 10a fuse is out anymore on the drivers side, i still have no fan. so somewhere between body ecu no.1 and my ac control, the signal to close the fan relay is not getting from one to the other....

as far as your fuse box being bad, pull the fan relay on the passenger side, and probe the terminal closest to you on the top row of 3 terminals, it will be the red/blue wire on the back, if you have 12v there, your fuse and fuse panel on the drivers side is sending the power there that it should. that leaves the ground side of the circuit, which is the purple wire, that goes into the body ecu.....
Old 03-17-12, 03:03 PM
LexXxtacy
Driver

im unable to test right now until my buddy drops my voltmeter off. I belive I do still have the resistor pack and ac control and blower motor and ecubody2 and Sam has ecu body1. If you'd like to buy them I cans end pics in PM.

I will check that what you said about the fuse box thanks meyagi, Hopefully we figure this out
Old 03-17-12, 03:49 PM
Meyagi
Driver

let me know what you want for the resistor and the ac control unit, or if you would be willing to let me try them, and if i need them, ill buy em from you.

id really be curious to know what voltages you get at the purple wire that goes to the body ecu, and the voltage at the small signal wire from the ac control at the blower resistor, so i can compare with the readings im getting.
Old 03-18-12, 10:17 AM
sam12345
Lexus Champion

Meyagy do you have voltage at the connector that goes to the resistors? It's a two terminal connector one wire is blue and one is white the connector is to the left of the cd player behind orange connector. You can probe it without disconnecting it
Old 03-18-12, 09:08 PM
Meyagi
Driver

are you talking about the heavy gauge wires that power the blower motor resistor? yes i have power there, but only when i ground the purple wire that goes to body ecu 1 on the negative side of the fan relay. My blower motor resistor is bad for sure, i was able to wire a blower resistor in from a 06 subaru legacy with auto hvac, and if i ground the purple wire, they fan works off my a/c control, but the speeds are backwards, low is high, and high is off. works for now till i buy another lexus blower resistor. once i have that, im just gonna hook the purple wire up to a relay, and trigger the relay by finding a wire on the back of the a/c control that powers up when the unit is on, and shuts off when you hit the off button and take body ecu 1 right out of the equation.

if anyone has a used blower resistor for sale, im interested... im not paying 100 freaking dollars for one, i can deal with the backwards fan controls and the Subaru resistor im using now.
Old 03-18-12, 09:14 PM
sam12345
Lexus Champion

Are you sure your relay is good?
Old 03-19-12, 04:47 PM
Meyagi
Driver

yes im positive the relay is good. im using the relay to kick the blower on. ground the purple wire, fan comes on, un ground it, fan goes off.
Old 03-19-12, 08:14 PM
sam12345
Lexus Champion

Well I have both body ecus and climate control

Quick Reply: Stupid question, Where is the blower motor fuse/relay for 99 gs4?