GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

ProjectGS: Quick Makeover Before TX2K12

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-12, 02:52 AM
Lextasy671
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your builds are always interesting.

that homemade paint booth is pretty good. hahaha. in for updates!
Old 03-19-12, 07:54 AM
justablkv8
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Jeff has stayed at TX2K12.
Old 03-19-12, 09:47 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

did you see that mustang owner that got arrested ?LOL!
Old 03-19-12, 09:49 AM
stevenjai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post vids on YOUTUBE, for the people!
Old 03-19-12, 06:39 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, got back from Houston yesterday. Was out all night Friday and Saturday on the highway in Houston till 4AM or so. I didn't make the damn dyno! I was literally 3 cars back in the dyno line and they cut off the line. What a bunch of @#%@#%!!

I blew up my rear diff yesterday night(rolling into it hard from a 40mph punch), so I had to get the car towed back home. I was "testing" the car against a few locals here in Dallas. I think I was making too much power haha. I just finished up my new E85 fuel system before I went down to Houston. I got around 32psi boost into it and the stupid wastegate maxed out. I was trying to get the car up to around 36-38psi or so. It was the Supra TT 3.76 Auto differential. Now I'm in the hunt for another one if this one isn't so badly damaged that I can't install a TRD LSD into it.
Old 03-19-12, 07:43 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have any pics? Good luck with the new diff.
Old 03-19-12, 09:25 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was there Sunday, hoping to see some sick GSs. I did see some Sc's repping at the track though. There was also a swapped GS3, which the owner said had 700hp, but he wasn't there to run it, just for show.
Old 03-20-12, 09:16 AM
justablkv8
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

IF anyone wants some vids/pics etc. Get some 1320 dvd's....
Old 03-20-12, 06:09 PM
ohsogrim
Driver School Candidate

where did you purchase your smoked led tail lights?
and would it be plug and play fit on a 04 gs300?
Old 03-21-12, 02:48 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

sick paint booth!

is the lip PU or fiber?
Old 03-21-12, 05:23 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

nice, i should've molded in the my lip at that time too LOL, any pics of it on the car yet?! can't wait to see it!
Old 03-21-12, 09:55 AM
Hardrvin
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Yeah, got back from Houston yesterday. Was out all night Friday and Saturday on the highway in Houston till 4AM or so. I didn't make the damn dyno! I was literally 3 cars back in the dyno line and they cut off the line. What a bunch of @#%@#%!!

I blew up my rear diff yesterday night(rolling into it hard from a 40mph punch), so I had to get the car towed back home. I was "testing" the car against a few locals here in Dallas. I think I was making too much power haha. I just finished up my new E85 fuel system before I went down to Houston. I got around 32psi boost into it and the stupid wastegate maxed out. I was trying to get the car up to around 36-38psi or so. It was the Supra TT 3.76 Auto differential. Now I'm in the hunt for another one if this one isn't so badly damaged that I can't install a TRD LSD into it.
Glad to hear it sounds like engine wise it was a beast, sorry to hear about the diff. So you're guessing it was the spider gears that gave and hence the TRD setup instead? I've been considering that as a down the road item.

What injectors did you settle on in the end?
Old 03-21-12, 10:13 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What turbo are you running? What fuel pumps and Injectors did you go with? Can you tell us more info about your setup if you don't mind please? not that i wanna copy it! but i am just trying to put things together ...

I heard TX was fun this year..
Old 03-21-12, 04:33 PM
rusher
Driver School Candidate

i always enjoy your post Jeff, keep up the good work and keep us posted, more pics and videos plz
Old 03-22-12, 12:37 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey sorry for the late replys. Super backed up with work and all since I took a long few days off lol. I'll get some new pix of the car all finished up as it sits right now. I only have like 3-4 videos on hand from TX2k12. I was too busy on the road to setup my gopro haha. I have a few runs against some 1000cc bikes and leaving a BMW M6 far behind in the dust.

Originally Posted by ohsogrim
where did you purchase your smoked led tail lights?
and would it be plug and play fit on a 04 gs300?
Just go on ebay. Search for DEPO LED tail lights. It's the same exact one as the insurance tail lights. Depo manufactured for them, and I guess their exclusivity contract expired recently. They're pretty good quality, it's been through 2 bad *** thunder storms and they don't have the slightest hint of condensation. They're around $220 or so I think. A pretty good price considering the quality of them. I bought my original Sonar tail lights 3-4 years ago on my white GS and they were like $450 back when they first came out lol.

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
sick paint booth!

is the lip PU or fiber?
Paint booth worked well for it's purpose. Yes it is the PU lip, hence why I was able to plastic weld it to the original OEM bumper. If it was fiberglass, I would not be able to plastic weld/fuse them together.

Originally Posted by Hardrvin
Glad to hear it sounds like engine wise it was a beast, sorry to hear about the diff. So you're guessing it was the spider gears that gave and hence the TRD setup instead? I've been considering that as a down the road item.

What injectors did you settle on in the end?
Yeah the spider gears in the LSD gave out and the whole thing is destroyed. I pulled it off the car yesterday and tore it down. Some pieces from the LSD wedged between the ring and pinion gear and chipped a bunch of teeth, so the whole diff is done for. I was hoping the ring and pinion would be ok, but that wasn't the case. I didn't know exactly how much power I was making, but I guess at 31psi or so I was making enough power to destroy the diff. I did some searching on SupraForums and many of the guys there destroyed the Supra Torsen LSD at around 650-700whp or so. I'm currently on the 1000cc, I need to put in bigger 1400cc units. It's starting to lean out at over 30psi of boost. I was at around 27-28psi when I was down in Houston. I was pleasantly surprised that the 1000cc I have idle as well as they do. Now time to see what the 1400cc can do for me lol.

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
What turbo are you running? What fuel pumps and Injectors did you go with? Can you tell us more info about your setup if you don't mind please? not that i wanna copy it! but i am just trying to put things together ...

I heard TX was fun this year..
I really don't mind if you copy my setup, it's a pretty good setup and runs great so no reason why others shouldn't copy it if they wish. I'm running an Oil-Less Comp Turbo CT43-6765 Billet wheel, triple ball bearing turbo. Freakin' love these new oilless turbos! I'm using the new 340LPH fuel pumps, two of them. Running two individual AN-6 feed lines to each end of the fuel rail. I have 1000cc injectors, but going to upgrade to 1400cc soon. E85 takes a crap ton of fuel lol. Let me know if you need any other questions answered.

Quick Reply: ProjectGS: Quick Makeover Before TX2K12