GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

why do this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-02, 01:55 AM
GS - T.O.
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I haven't been on this site for a while now, but what Lexusgrill did really make me mad

BananaGS, thanks for all your hard work on the DIY. I will make sure all my friends stay away from his business.
Old 11-21-02, 03:13 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Thumbs down Settle, settle....

Everyone knows that BanannaGS did the work on the DIY section of the LexusGrill site. Consider just being flattered.

You created the DIY section because you wanted to provide useful information to others accessing the internet. You do not charge a fee. You site is free, and the information you posted was just that... FREE. It is a shame that you were not given credit for the information, but what will that credit get you anyway. Unless you really like to see the counter on your website rack-up hits, does it really matter?

Knowledge is power and I think the more sites that have Lexus improvement tip other there, the more awesome Lexus vehicles will exist. Stealing is wrong, but getting the message out to more people seems like a good idea.

BTW, I am not the owner of LexusGrill.com, just thought another perspective was in order.

Cheers.
Old 11-21-02, 04:07 PM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Default PearlGS400

"Knowledge is power" that is why I created my website in the first place.

What I don't like is Lexusgrill had used the DIYs on a commercial website. I spent my time and effort creating the write up just to have someone else to take it away in minutes later (exact word by word, not even a re-write, or a word of thank you??) I did not think I ask for much. The credit is to BananaGS, who is that? that is not even my real name, and I didn't even get that credit?

I can get my work done alot quicker if I don't have to take picture of every step when I service the car. And then sort out which picture are best to illustrate the proceduce that I used for you. Most of the DIY on mysite are new to myself too. I revise them as I have to do it again or someone else suggest a better way.

I tried to answer if not all the email I get for free...why??? I am a sucker??oh yeah, my gf call me a sukka all the time when I am sitting there replying emails. My only justification to her is: once in a "while", I get a few bux of donation from a generous reader, not much, at least I am a few bux less of a sukka It's the sentimental value of being appreciated, it's not the money. Nothing compare to the cost i had to spend to do the projects (for example, I was the one that clear out the brake light first, well, I had paid for those brake light, break them a part to see if how it was put together. Also about the time I messed up my digital camera when I was taking picture on changing tranmission oil ($200 for repair parts, lucky me I figured out how to repair my own camera, too bad i can't take pictures of that hee hee); I am close to $300 down the hole on my current project, I may success and post the result by new year, these things cost money, time, and blood, yes, blood, if you play with knife, you alway get yourself first) I couldna get a TC with those money instead

I am currently a full time programmer at "eye Bee am" and a full time graduate student at UT. I don't get much free time:eek:

no hard feeling. Life is great
Anh

Last edited by BananaGS; 11-21-02 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-21-02, 04:32 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Settle, settle....

Originally posted by PearlGS400
Consider just being flattered.
Lexugrill is a commercial web site, used for profit. The DIYs that BananaGS created obviously have value and can generate traffic to that site, which can lead to business and profit for the owner of that site.

How can this flatter BananaGS?

He stole from me, too. After stealing my images for his web site, I sent an e-mail asking him to remove my images. He e-mailed that I should be flattered that he was using my pictures. I dogged him across ClubLexus for months. He finally removed my pictures.

It is not flattering. It's illegal. It's wrong.
Old 11-21-02, 04:56 PM
blue wax
Lead Lap

all credit to bananasplit anyway....... !!!!!!!!!!!

yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 11-21-02, 06:26 PM
Wally
Driver

Where does that pecker-bag live? I volunteer to drive up to his door and pound the **** out of him!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
Old 11-21-02, 07:02 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

PearlGS400:

Good to hear another perspective on this whole situation..... but I dont agree entirely.

Yes...it's good when information like this can be shared with others, but NOT when others (like LexusGrill) tries to take ownership without approval.

Think about it..... Why didnt LexusGrill just create a link to BananaGS' DIY website? That would be sooooo easy!! But nooooo.... he went to alot of trouble and wanted to do it the hard way. He copied each of BananaGS' DIY mods onto his site.

Why? The only reason is to "fool" his customers that he had the knowledge, patience, and ingenuity to do these mod. That'll make him look like a mod guru....which he may NOT be.

Just my 2 cents.

LMFAO@Wally

Last edited by PHML; 11-21-02 at 07:14 PM.