GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My GS400

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-12, 06:35 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

any updates with pics of wheels!
Old 04-26-12, 10:29 AM
bjohn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! I'll get a few pics later
Old 04-26-12, 03:49 PM
perry05g35
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The design are simular to my wheels good find.
Old 04-26-12, 05:27 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bjohn
Dont bother coming to superior, it's what I'd call a drive through town ha... Not to talk up my city or anything. I'd make a cruise up to Grand Marais, MN if you want to go to a neat little city. Make sure you get a pizza at Sven and Ole's Definitely worth checking out! I did the circle tour of the great lakes last summer, I highly recommend if you are from the area.

Wasn't flashing then, or now. I meant it the light flashed back on and stayed on.

I'll make sure I do that! You guys have meets ever?
Thanks for the tips, we only took a day trip so didn't have much time. Maybe next time I can take a weekend to look around. Bet that was interesting to go all the way around the great lakes!

I believe they're doing meets every other Sunday and for other events thru the summer, haven't been to any yet but I'm planning on getting up there once I get my car together, there are a bunch of guys in the metro who are active. The Facebook group is probably the best way to stay in the loop but check out the Great Lakes regional section here on CL too.
Old 04-26-12, 06:31 PM
bjohn
Driver

Originally Posted by perry05g35
The design are simular to my wheels good find.
Thanks! Wasn't even really looking for them, got them for a steal (compared to new).
Old 04-26-12, 08:36 PM
Gnomezor
Driver School Candidate

Another MN GS driver! Rolling in the Twin Cities with a Black GS3 myself. Congrats on the car, 400s are hard to come by up here!
Old 04-26-12, 09:07 PM
bjohn
Driver

Originally Posted by Gnomezor
Another MN GS driver! Rolling in the Twin Cities with a Black GS3 myself. Congrats on the car, 400s are hard to come by up here!
Yeee dude ha, what part of msp are you from? I'm actually from Superior, WI (Next to Duluth, MN... lol)

I'll be putting on wheels after I get off of work sometime here soon.... 12's are getting old.
Old 04-26-12, 11:38 PM
bjohn
Driver

Mmmmm wheels.... Had to go somewhere bright to snap a pic Got to watch a drunk driver smack the curb a few times before pulling into the trailer park and escape the law..... I honestly hate where I live. Its sadly common ha.......... Anyways! The wheels fit good, the car DEFINITELY needs to be lowered. Now.

I broke a couple extensions getting the old lugs off. Factory torque spec is 76lb/ft?..... Some mechanic must have put a healthy coat of loctite on them as an awful joke. Maybe they were seized into place....

Old 04-27-12, 03:12 PM
bjohn
Driver

Better pic here I'll be going for an aggressive look
Old 04-28-12, 09:24 AM
bjohn
Driver

Last night I changed my pcv valve finally. It was clogged with oil, and let zero air through. Since then, my car isles higher in gear! I'll have to back off the throttle cable again now to set the idle right for good.
Old 04-28-12, 03:34 PM
LexiBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome aboard car looks clean check the maf might need to be cleaned aswell.
Old 04-28-12, 06:04 PM
PrinceAkim
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the club! Car looks great. I recently got my throttle body and maf cleaned, and reset the ecu and fixed my idle issue as well. Wheels are clean. 400's are the truth!
Old 04-29-12, 06:59 AM
bjohn
Driver

Originally Posted by LexiBlue
welcome aboard car looks clean check the maf might need to be cleaned aswell.
I'll be cleaning the MAF after I check the intake tube again to see if my oil consumption problem was resolved with the PCV valve. Thanks!

Originally Posted by PrinceAkim
Welcome to the club! Car looks great. I recently got my throttle body and maf cleaned, and reset the ecu and fixed my idle issue as well. Wheels are clean. 400's are the truth!
Thanks man, I've had a lot of GM F-Body's, and I'd honestly never go back unless the car was something special.
Old 04-29-12, 11:06 AM
justablkv8
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Regardless of how tight you pull the throttle cable it's controlled electronically. So it won't help with your idle being set. What you have to do is either live with it or remove the entire throttle body an intake manifold and clean them out. The a/c on helps because it's spinning faster and well basic mechanics to explain there.

As you tighten the cable the ecu will adjust the idle back to where it's at. Of course a loose cable will cause the engine to bog out.
Old 04-29-12, 07:36 PM
bjohn
Driver

Originally Posted by justablkv8
Regardless of how tight you pull the throttle cable it's controlled electronically. So it won't help with your idle being set. What you have to do is either live with it or remove the entire throttle body an intake manifold and clean them out. The a/c on helps because it's spinning faster and well basic mechanics to explain there.

As you tighten the cable the ecu will adjust the idle back to where it's at. Of course a loose cable will cause the engine to bog out.
Hey! Thanks for the info I was looking for finally ha. I noticed the idle is perfect today, it runs super good now. I think the pcv valve caused all my problems. I'll still clean out the maf and tb again,

Quick Reply: My GS400