GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Another Confirmation on 3rd Gen GS...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-02, 05:56 PM
fever
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Confirmation on 3rd Gen GS...

I just got word from the GM at Westside Lexus that the next GS will not be out until Fall 2004. No news on the engine but he was told that it will look a lot like the SC coupe but with four doors. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. They have been told that the styling is pretty aggressive and knockout.
Also, was told that the next gen RX will be out sooner and it will be radically different than the current offering. They said it will look much like the X5 but even more aggressive.
Oh, and the IS in coupe and convertible will be out as well. No info if they're going to take the 4.3 and dump it in but my guess is absolutely they will do that.
This should only mean that the next GS should be an absolute beast.
Old 11-01-02, 06:40 PM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

it will look a lot like the SC coupe but with four doors. I'm not sure if that's good or bad

Bad
Old 11-01-02, 06:52 PM
Justin_T.W.
Rookie

I think that this sounds excellent. A RX with X5 style but more aggressive is what I am looking for. A GS with styling that resembles that of the SC sounds good, too. But which SC do they talk about the new or the old one ? Nevertheless both look great. Imagine a GS with a front that looks similar to that of the current SC. Fantastic. And if the RX and GS will get an interior that resembles that of the SC - breathtaking. I can`t wait to see the results.
Old 11-01-02, 06:56 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope they change the back end because the SC is sweet but the rear looks funny. I also hope they GS keeps it's current headlight setup. Bubbilize
Old 11-02-02, 05:18 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

So to confirm the new GS will be out the fall of 2004 and not 2003 correct? So tech it will be a 2005 correct?
Old 11-03-02, 03:23 AM
Justin_T.W.
Rookie

APLUS, I hope that they will finally create a face for the GS that resembles in any way to that of the others` in the line-up. I think that Lexus should work on a so-called "family face". Audi, BMW, M-B and Jaguar have one. Lexus seems a little bit like a mixture of different design styles. Cool cars but they don`t show the same identity. Of course, the GS, IS and RX have something in common at the backside. The LS, new GX and SC have something in common at the front but the whole cars don`t look as if they come from the same brand. Infiniti currently creates its own design theme and I think that Lexus should follow that way.
Old 11-03-02, 01:18 PM
ThemisN
Pole Position

This is something most people frown upon...The only people that are happy are the ones that buy the cheaper versions.
Take for example, someone who owns an S-class. Should he be happy that similar styling is being used on the cheaper and "inferior" E-class and/or C-class? Of course not...but it helps marketing of the smaller, cheaper car. I say stick with being different. You will soon get sick of the seeing the same car, different sizes.
Old 11-03-02, 05:23 PM
Justin_T.W.
Rookie

I understand and agree with you that there shouldn`t be one design that is taken for every size. I think of something like the new BMW design. You see it from far away and you know that it is a BMW. (If you like the design is another topic ! ) With "family face" I thought of something like BMW`s nose. It is typical for BMW. Audi has its typical German Bauhaus design which makes every Audi a typical Audi. Infiniti has its "bio somewhat" design which will create a brand design theme and make the cars unique. I hope you understand what I mean. I don`t like what MB currently does and what BMW did in the past but it was and is better than what Lexus did/does. Nevertheless I think that Lexus is on a good way to change this if I can believe what I read in a German car magazine about the future design theme about three month ago. Next gen-LS will be more aggressive and much more elegant. And as written above the next GS and RX will be beautiful, too. I think that Lexus has finally learned how to create a real luxury brand. I really hope that they will finally be more succesful in Europe and especially in Germany.
Old 11-03-02, 05:25 PM
roenick7
Driver

The RX is good news! My wife wants one.
The GS better be able to compete with the v-10 M5 in two years putting out 500bhp! I would hate to keep my GS 400 (675bhp) and park my everyday M5 next to it. I would much rather have 3 lexus vehicles in my Garage! GS400; GSXXX; RX 300 2004...
Old 11-03-02, 10:35 PM
Lexus of Manhattan
Lexus Dealership

As far as I know, it will indeed be introduced sometime towards the end of 2004 as a 2005 model. There were two initial designs that were made up, but they were both scrapped for some reason.
Eddie
Old 11-04-02, 12:16 PM
kvoman
Driver

Eddie (Lexus of Manhattan) -

I read in Car-N-Driver that there will be an IS430 coming in the near future to compete with the new S4 (340hp) and the current M3.

Do you know or have you heard when it will come out?
Old 11-04-02, 05:03 PM
aldo23
Pole Position

Default could mean more $$$$

I just hope they don't get silly on the price?
Usually more HP's+new styling+1st year model=mucho dollars...
I hope they keep the GS4 in the 45-60k range.
Old 11-04-02, 05:45 PM
ThemisN
Pole Position

45? HA. I paid 46, fully loaded, during the first year of production and before the popularity blew up. That's not gonna happen with a car that will be more in the spot light, with more horses, etc.

I would like to believe that Lexus will please the people who wont spend the extra money for more features and more power, while bringing out a 400 hp+ monster to satisfy the ones who want the best and the greatest.
Old 11-04-02, 11:06 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Woo Hoo... New Lexus wheels too?

Anyone know the story on these "NEW GS WHEELS? I like'em...... I Like em alot........ Or are these just ordinary wheels with Lexus caps that will fit a Lexus? If they are... ima getin 'em...

NE1???
Rock
Attached Thumbnails Another Confirmation on 3rd Gen GS...-18-s.jpg  
Old 11-04-02, 11:08 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up wheels

I have been hoping that Lexus would come out with a decent looking repalcement in 18's for the GS. Have my prayers been answered???? I think these are some sweeeeet wheels. What do you all think?

Rock

Quick Reply: Another Confirmation on 3rd Gen GS...