GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

final choice L-tuned or Greddy exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-01, 03:26 PM
lawgs300

Smile

hi! everybody !

Recently, i receieved many suggestions for different kinds of exhaust system...
finally, i want to make choose to buy between L-tuned and Greddy exhausts...

i like L-tuned exhaust becuase i like the size and style of exhaust. however, i don't know if the sound is also good and deep tone from this exhaust ... is the sound similar to the sound from greddy ?

on the other side, i have heard the sound from greddy once, i like it very much with deep tone when the rpm around 2000 .. but i don't know if the sound will go louder when i drive on the freeway .. since i don't want the sound over the sound that if i talk with somebody in the car..

if you guys just compare the l-tund with greddy .. which one you would like to choose... ?

i know that people choose exhaust in different ways, therefore choosing a good looking and good sound of exhaust wouldn't be easy .. so i really need your guys suggestions to hlep to make a best decision for exhaust system.. !!!

i am really appreciated for any inputs for choosing exhaust... !!!

Old 03-17-01, 03:35 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default they are so different

personally, i would take the l-tune. i heard it at a dealership and it has a deep, rumble tone. from fellow members' exp. greddy is a bit too much for my taste. but if you already heard the PE and like it, go fot it.

have you tried the tanabe hyper? it has the Y-sec., therefore, not bad for $600.
Old 03-17-01, 05:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,441 Likes on 1,601 Posts

From what I've heard (no pun intended, I guess I should say 'read') - the Greddy is about the loudest exhaust you can get, and the L-Tuned is the 'mildest' kind of upgrade soundwise you can do.

FWIW, my L-Tuned mufflers/tips should arrive this week - I'll let ya know what I think!
Old 03-17-01, 07:08 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lawgs300 - the greddy actually gets quiter at freeway speeds. If u want the greddy i might sell mine. I just had it for less than a month. Used them for under 350 miles because my car is just used for weekend trips.

I love everything about the greddy . Its just my folks might not like the loudness. My dad has taken my car this weekend so i will find out if he lets me keep it.

If i have to sell it i will definetly get the l-tuned because of the quitness.If only i could have the greddy looks and l-tuned sound.

Old 03-17-01, 08:26 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have GReddy and i love it! at hight way speeds either you go a little quick (about 75mph) and the noise will go away, or you could use 4th gear, but you can DEFINATLY have a nice conversation with GReddy there, its MUCH quieter than having your window open on the highway!
Old 03-17-01, 11:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Sasha, just wanted to say I meant no disrespect to you by saying the GReddy was loud. I'm sure it's a great sound.

As you know though, different people have different tastes, and may have to compromise on sound/looks for various reasons.

Keep up the great work.
Old 03-17-01, 11:41 PM
RacingAristo

I'd say L-tuned.
Old 03-18-01, 07:56 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

thanx bitkauhna sorry if i sound strong about my Greddy, you're right everyone has their own tastes
Old 03-18-01, 08:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by LexusRules
thanx bitkauhna sorry if i sound strong about my Greddy, you're right everyone has their own tastes
No need to apologize at all!! You've every right to think and say that GReddy is the coolest thing on the planet. And you (as always the gentleman) didn't say anything negative about anything else. I, on the other hand, sometimes prone to putting foot in mouth, said the Greddy is about the loudest exhaust you can get, which made it sound like it's bad... but I didn't mean that. I was just saying, and I think the FAQ says, that it's at one end of the spectrum. You have stock at the tamest end of course, then something like L-Tuned, Borla next, then others, then GReddy at the 'bad ***' end :-)

I still think your Mom must be one cool lady!
Old 03-18-01, 08:18 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

haha thanx, i'll let her know
Old 03-18-01, 01:09 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna

No need to apologize at all!! You've every right to think and say that GReddy is the coolest thing on the planet. And you (as always the gentleman) didn't say anything negative about anything else. I, on the other hand, sometimes prone to putting foot in mouth, said the Greddy is about the loudest exhaust you can get, which made it sound like it's bad... but I didn't mean that. I was just saying, and I think the FAQ says, that it's at one end of the spectrum. You have stock at the tamest end of course, then something like L-Tuned, Borla next, then others, then GReddy at the 'bad ***' end :-)

Well said bitkahuna.

We all know that when you said Greddy is the loudest you don't mean to put it down. IMO, louder is better!

I just wonder all the time..... are my N1s louder or the P/Es louder? Haven't heard the P/Es in person so can't compare, but I think mine are pretty loud. And since here in US there isn't a N1 exhaust system MADE for the GS, I'm probably the 1st one to have them, and the 1st one to hear it on the street!
Old 03-18-01, 07:44 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

i'll record my greddy exhaust in two days
Old 03-19-01, 04:28 AM
lawgs300

lexusrule...

that would be very nice if you record the sound from greddy.. since i just heard it once and it was long time ago .. so i want to hear it again to make decision..

it would be better if someone can record the sound from l- tuned .. and post the picture of l-tuend exhaust .. since i just see a small picture from the official l-tuned web site.....

Old 03-19-01, 05:51 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

LS Nav and L-Tune IS

watch this movie i took at an autoshow, the blue is has and L-tuned exhaust, also i saw a parked L-tuned is with the exhaust, it looks like there is a chromed oval muffler and the actuall muffler curves down then up, but that could just be the IS's pipeing
Old 03-19-01, 05:53 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

also....

i have figured out a way to record how loud exhausts are, when i record, i will put my stereo to 1/4 volume (subs off) and you can hear the the GReddy as i rev the car, and then as my mom drives the car (when driving it is deeper)