GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Guess my time has finally come. Never thought it'd happen though.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-12, 09:37 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Guess my time has finally come. Never thought it'd happen though.

Woke up this morning to all this..

No comprehensive on my insurance thanks to my mom fighting me last year.. Saying I don't need that on such an old car. Well I got that **** now.

There are also a couple other spots they shot it with a BB gun on my rear QP and my hood got bent and paint chipped from the smashing on the fender. My body guy said 1500 in damage to fix the trunk and repaint it with holes filled in, touch up the QP, both doors, and redo the fender.

Worst week ever. Also got my rear main seal and crankshaft seal that I have to do too.
Old 04-27-12, 09:40 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

wow that sucks man.
Old 04-27-12, 09:49 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OH WTF dude! man that sucks! You gotta have comprehensive regardless of what year car you got. Haters always gonna hate. Maybe swing by a auto recycler and see if they have a trunk and fender and glass with the same color and maybe install it yourself.
Old 04-27-12, 09:53 AM
M K S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks man. I doubt anyone has any idea who did this?
Old 04-27-12, 09:56 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3

No comprehensive on my insurance thanks to my mom fighting me last year.. Saying I don't need that on such an old car. Well I got that **** now.
First mistake...listening to a woman on something car related. lol

Sorry to see man, really ****ty luck.... let me know if you need help finding some parts. I know of a few places close to you that have everything you need.
Old 04-27-12, 10:07 AM
bashigs300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks man. what's up with people getting up to see their damaged GS lately?
Old 04-27-12, 10:15 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

tell mom to cover half of it daniel since she insisted you dont do it.....n then as i said this morning park in the garage

sucks man
Old 04-27-12, 10:17 AM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I feel for you bro. I parked street side a few months ago overnight and found footprints all over the my hood roof and trunk.. And key marks from back doors to fenders on both sides.
Old 04-27-12, 10:18 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

damn that looks bad

u know who did it? or was this just random which i highly doubt! someone hates u or is out after you!
Old 04-27-12, 10:21 AM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap! Sorry to hear that we got low life idiots in this world. Here in Vegas got some neighborhoods that's getting vandalized too. These dumb **** kids need to have their hand cut off!
Old 04-27-12, 10:39 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
wow that sucks man.
Tell me about it bro. The world must think i'm a drug dealer or something and got money to blow on crap like this.

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
OH WTF dude! man that sucks! You gotta have comprehensive regardless of what year car you got. Haters always gonna hate. Maybe swing by a auto recycler and see if they have a trunk and fender and glass with the same color and maybe install it yourself.
Yeah I already got my mechanic looking at the junk yard for a fender for me and glass. What really sucks is that I just got my Llumar tint installed this monday and now i'm going to have to get it re-installed on that window thanks to the person who did this.

Originally Posted by M K S
Sucks man. I doubt anyone has any idea who did this?
I have an idea, because I have an open harassment case, but even the police told me the only way they can prove it is if he comes out and says he did it, which I know he won't, so there's no use.

Originally Posted by Bippu147
First mistake...listening to a woman on something car related. lol

Sorry to see man, really ****ty luck.... let me know if you need help finding some parts. I know of a few places close to you that have everything you need.
Yeah I know right? Lol.. I said forget what she says now and added comprehensive a couple hours ago, so if whoever did it comes back for more i'll be good. I'm really just looking for a fender right now, glass should be covered, but I need a passenger side fender. Got my mechanic looking for one in the junk yard, so hopefully we come across one.

Originally Posted by bashigs300
that sucks man. what's up with people getting up to see their damaged GS lately?
People are just rude man.. Hatin' way to hard.

Originally Posted by sakataj
tell mom to cover half of it daniel since she insisted you dont do it.....n then as i said this morning park in the garage

sucks man
Can't park in the garage cause both parents cars take it up, so i'm stuck on the street.

But yeah she was planning on going to Grand Cayman island and taking me and my brother to visit my aunt, i'm going to tell her i'm not going and she can spend that 800 on helping me fix back up my damn car since she was the one who kept fighting me for no comprehensive.

Originally Posted by Revive
I feel for you bro. I parked street side a few months ago overnight and found footprints all over the my hood roof and trunk.. And key marks from back doors to fenders on both sides.
Dang man.. People are just rude bro. I hope yours worked out well.

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
damn that looks bad

u know who did it? or was this just random which i highly doubt! someone hates u or is out after you!
I got an idea, but like I said I can't prove it without him coming right out and saying it so it's no use in pursuing.

Originally Posted by geeznuts
Holy crap! Sorry to hear that we got low life idiots in this world. Here in Vegas got some neighborhoods that's getting vandalized too. These dumb **** kids need to have their hand cut off!
Yeah if I ever find out who did it i'll prolly beat their face with my breaker bar, lol.
Old 04-27-12, 10:41 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

the good thing is that in Texas I heard gun laws are pretty lenient

i got an idea, ill send u a PM
Old 04-27-12, 10:43 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
the good thing is that in Texas I heard gun laws are pretty lenient

i got an idea, ill send u a PM
Yeah, but i'm not 21 yet, so I can't legally have a firearm.

PM sent.
Old 04-27-12, 11:35 AM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

haha, I'm calling shenanigans on all the "getting mad at your mom" bs.

If you're over 18, still you're legally an adult and can go join the army and kill someone or die for your country legally.

Granted the insurance companies don't see it that way, so if you're under 25 in a different class so it's financially better to do it as a family plan.

But if you don't like things, go get your own insurance or pay the difference for the part of the insurance you think you wanted. Don't get mad, find a solution.

While I'm sorry this happened to you, it's nothing serious in terms of it can be solved with money. When you look back on this later, you'll see the big things in your life that couldn't be solved with money were the things that were more important
Old 04-27-12, 12:29 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 382 Likes on 225 Posts

Ouch Daniel, it truly hurts to see that. Let me know if you need any help finding parts.

Quick Reply: Guess my time has finally come. Never thought it'd happen though.