GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My JDM 2001 JZS161 Toyota Aristo (in Japan)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-12, 12:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

that center vent came out nicely......
Old 09-04-12, 12:09 AM
CestRocks
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW looks awesome
Old 09-04-12, 01:09 AM
christodav
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dro916
<3 JDM Aristo's

Are the seats blue leather?
Yeh, sorry, it's the way the flash hit it in that picture.
Black leather with the grey piping as stated. The vinyl on the vent, ashtray and around the gear selector is much darker too.

Also, I have fixed up around the gauge since that shot. I sanded it back some more and there are no longer 'flat areas' directly around the gauge.It looks even more 'factory' now. I am thinking about using a brushed black vinyl instead of the brushed titanium, cos I had HEAPS of trouble getting it inside the area around the clock. If I use black, I don't think it will be as noticeable if i can't get it right to the edges.

Chris
Old 09-04-12, 09:11 AM
4eign
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by christodav

lol, for a min i was like...how the hell did he get out of the car...i was then instantly overcome with jealousy and sadness when i realized your car was much better than mine
Old 09-04-12, 01:57 PM
celm
Pole Position

Are u going to be able to get the navi/TV system to work outside of japan?
i have a JZS161 aristo coming and has the same multi screan system as yours
Old 09-04-12, 10:09 PM
christodav
Driver

Originally Posted by celm
Are u going to be able to get the navi/TV system to work outside of japan?
i have a JZS161 aristo coming and has the same multi screan system as yours
I am guessing that it is possible to completely swap it out for a local Lexus system, however, I would think that it would be a fairly large job? The Nav won't work outside of Japan which is a shame as I have grown to love it even if I often struggle with my Japanese. The TV does not even work now in Japan as the TV is analogue and Japan have now gone full digital.
I have 3 choices. Keep it and buy a TomTom, replace it with an aftermarket system or build a car PC.

Chris
Old 09-04-12, 10:17 PM
christodav
Driver

Originally Posted by 4eign
lol, for a min i was like...how the hell did he get out of the car...i was then instantly overcome with jealousy and sadness when i realized your car was much better than mine
It's only 2 little turbos and the steering wheel is on Correct, I mean right side of the car and a few other things like that. If it makes you feel any better, my car only has 4 gears.

Don't get too down about it!

But yes, we have the GS300 in Australia too so I should get very little attention from the authorities when it's on the road in Australia.

Chris
Old 09-05-12, 02:23 PM
JZS161nz
Driver School Candidate

Those Rotors look really good man.It's good to see that your putting a bit of work into the suspension and handling side of things because I think too many people only modify their cars for straight-line speed/power output without giving though to how their car is going to stop or go around corners. I'll probably be looking for similar mods for mine shortly as going from a 1100kg Honda to 1600kg Lexus I can definitely notice the difference in handling. Will be watching your thread closely mate.
Old 09-05-12, 03:31 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Man, that is one clean Aristo!!!! nice!!!
Old 09-05-12, 05:20 PM
SELFMade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by christodav
Thanks man! BTW, my brother is a Captain in the Australian Army.
My comrades and I have a lot of respect for the Ausies, you all are pretty badass. Just a couple weeks ago me and a buddy watched a vid of the battle of Doan in Afghanistan and you guys really held it down HUAAH.

Loving the progress of your car BTW, one of my favs!
Old 09-05-12, 10:00 PM
christodav
Driver

Thank you for all your kind comments.

I might have some more interesting parts going on very soon, so stay tuned!

Originally Posted by SELFMade
My comrades and I have a lot of respect for the Ausies, you all are pretty badass. Just a couple weeks ago me and a buddy watched a vid of the battle of Doan in Afghanistan and you guys really held it down HUAAH.

Loving the progress of your car BTW, one of my favs!
My brother is an officer in the army. He has done one 6 month tour there. Although confined to the base for almost that whole time, he got a pretty good idea of what the place was all about.

Please don't take this the wrong way, as I am not putting any other country down, but it is fairly well know that the Australian Defence Force is one of the best in the world. The reason for this is that Australia has a modest population, (only about 20million) and as such, the money spent on Defence is fairly small, especially when you compare it to the likes of the US and the UK, but they are HIGHLY trained. So basically, the forces train, train and train again. A large army can be powerful simply due to its shear size firepower. A small army has to work smarter and be more efficient. It's the personnel that we pride ourselves on and work with the limited equipment we have. For example, many of the aircraft we have is ex-US and retro-fitted and upgraded. It's the Australian Soldier who is famous - not the latest weapon s/he is carrying.
After saying all that, we require the larger allies to help us out when we need it and we put in whenever we can. look up the word 'mateship'.
(I could go on and on, so I'll leave it at that.)

Thanks again for the kind comments. I'll keep you updated.

Chris
Old 09-05-12, 10:08 PM
christodav
Driver

Originally Posted by JZS161nz
Those Rotors look really good man.It's good to see that your putting a bit of work into the suspension and handling side of things because I think too many people only modify their cars for straight-line speed/power output without giving though to how their car is going to stop or go around corners. I'll probably be looking for similar mods for mine shortly as going from a 1100kg Honda to 1600kg Lexus I can definitely notice the difference in handling. Will be watching your thread closely mate.
Thanks, I love your car too!

Performing the suspension upgrades first are also a big cost consideration for me too. Doing most of the upgrades here in Japan has saved me hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in parts. Of course shipping weight has alot to do with it. For example, Toyota, front lower balljoints cost about $40- each here in Japan from the dealer! The problem is that labour seems to be much higher here, so some things will have to wait for when I get home.

Chris
Old 09-06-12, 05:14 AM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

That center vent came out really nice
Old 09-06-12, 07:35 AM
christodav
Driver

Thanks Puff!!
Old 09-06-12, 04:46 PM
LexiBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride clean

Quick Reply: My JDM 2001 JZS161 Toyota Aristo (in Japan)