GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

phantom garage bad seller?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-12, 06:05 AM
S2dannyKeo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
It was a thought don't get all pissed at anyone on here because you're pissed at a company for being out of stock.

Only reason I made that statement was because we had a company on here that was being ran by basically one guy and took him a while to ship out people's parts etc and to get back to people. With him if you spammed his email and whatnot the longer it took you to get your parts, so like I said it was a thought. Nobody wants to deal with someone being all pissy and rude. They'll be less inclined to work with you if you're up their *** as you're making it out to be.

Also be aware a refund sometimes takes 3-4 business days depending on how the transaction took place, so if they've had your money since last Wednesday, but sent you the email giving you options first on say just yesterday then it's legit that your money won't make it back to you till tomorrow or so depending on when they issue your refund 'homie'.

And a little piece of advice, just because you're pissed don't come on here and get mad when someone says something that you don't like. It's the internet. Everyone is going to have their own opinion. I don't know how you guys did it on the S2K forums, but on here we try to keep a pretty respectable community. When you act out of line and want to get all pissy at people on here because they give an opinion that you don't agree with then majority of us will be less inclined to help you in the future.

Good luck on your refund.
im not pissed at you guys im just frustrated as f*c$ oh and i payed them by paypal
Old 05-08-12, 09:02 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by S2dannyKeo
im not pissed at you guys im just frustrated as f*c$ oh and i payed them by paypal
Sorry then, just sounded like you were getting upset at a few of us.

Yeah PP may take a few days. I use PP a lot with my purchases and it could take a few days for that money to be refunded to your account/card.
Old 05-08-12, 10:34 AM
850Lexus
Pole Position

Did you use your credit card through Pay Pay though?? What method of payment through pay pal? Pay Pal won't do anything unless you used pay pal for a purchase of ebay!
Old 05-08-12, 11:31 AM
S2dannyKeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 850Lexus
Did you use your credit card through Pay Pay though?? What method of payment through pay pal? Pay Pal won't do anything unless you used pay pal for a purchase of ebay!
No I didn't use a card whatsoever I had money on my PayPal account and it didn't take me more then a minute to send it to them so it shouldn't be more then a minute to send it back to me their just giving me the run around
Old 05-08-12, 12:09 PM
4eign
Lead Lap

unfortunately you are wrong bro. The process for it to show back into your account can take anywhere from 3-5days. Dont email them (company) and just wait till next week and see what happens. If you end up being screwed paypal will step in and help out if all else fails.

Good luck.
Old 05-08-12, 01:13 PM
850Lexus
Pole Position

Hate to say unless the company willingly pays you back, you are stuck with the loss. If you don't hear anything within a week and half, i would send one more email how you plan on putting what happened to you on every public forum you can find and file a complaint through the Better Business Bureau to warn them of the shady BS the said company has done to you. Bad publicity is one thing that tends to motivate stubborn companies!!!

As far as ^^^ It is very rare that Pay Pal will do anything when making purchases out side of ebay. I am speaking from experience!! Pay Pal is a joke!!!
Old 05-08-12, 01:21 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

hey guys first let me start out with saying i have never ever, ever, everrrrrrrrr had to do anything like this before and i never thought i would ever be bought to something like this, i'm not even the douche bag type but has anybody here on the forum dealt with phantom garage and had any problems? well i have actually bought a part from them before and that was my window visors of course i received it but when i did made that purchase at the time and sent them the money it took them a while till they had sent it out and they lag on the tracking number, NOW just the other week on Monday (April 30) i sent them money to purchase their JP rep rear spoiler from a partout thread then i had sent them an email on the same day asking when can they ship it out and they said no later then Wednesday (may 2) Well after Wednesday i got no update so i emailed and kept emailing them over and over to get an update and just today i finally got one back and guess what? they told me that they were out of stock how the hell are you out of stock when it was a partout? they tried giving me 2 options and that was to refund my money or give me a 15% discount on whatever the hell else they sell but i was very disappointed so i replied back saying i would like my money back after hours and hours and still counting i have not even got any refund back SOOOOooooooOOOoooo.................................................................................................................................................................................................... WTF!!!
well ill put it this way i aint trying to sit here and argue with any of you guys so i leave it at that you guys have yas opinion but you cant sit there and tell me that ya wouldnt be flipping $h!t if it was yas money?
and on the other hand besides having free time through out the day, they had SINCE LAST WEDNESDAY to say something but they didn't tell me $h!t so who's wrong? they also could of just refund my money instead of giving me options and then send me an email telling me that they have refund my money since they cant sell me the part easy as cake!
I can tell you're pissed. Understandably so. The lack of punctuation shows this...
Quit trying to work around the swear word editor though.
Old 05-08-12, 07:54 PM
SureShot
Rookie

As a business PayPal user, I can tell you that a refund is instant back to PP when your bank account is verified. It doesn't take 3-5 business days to get into your paypal account. It only takes 3-5 days to transfer back to your bank account.

Start the dispute process now.
Old 05-08-12, 08:05 PM
S2dannyKeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SureShot
As a business PayPal user, I can tell you that a refund is instant back to PP when your bank account is verified. It doesn't take 3-5 business days to get into your paypal account. It only takes 3-5 days to transfer back to your bank account.

Start the dispute process now.
See this Guy understands me, the money was on my account and when I sent it they got it right away not even a mintue so how hard is it for them to send it back to me the way I sent it to them
Old 05-09-12, 11:27 AM
S2dannyKeo
Pole Position

The Email From Phantom Garage That I Just Got:
Danny,
I'm so sorry for not replying sooner .... We're short staffed this whole week and we are having accounting issues with PayPal.

We are trying to resolve it as soon as possible!

Thank you for your patience, we appreciate it and will make it up to you,

Regards,
Chris
Old 05-09-12, 11:28 AM
S2dannyKeo
Pole Position

Um yeah how all of a sudden is your paypal account messed up?
I call BS!
My guess is that they have screwed a bunch of people over and those people were trying to get their money back and PayPal froze phantom garages account

Last edited by S2dannyKeo; 05-09-12 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-12-12, 06:41 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think phantom garage is one man show most of the time. It a new shop and most likely he still organizing everything. Just give it more time, i met Chris before, he's a nice guy just have a lot of thing going on in his life and new business. Hopefully u will get ur money back soon!
Old 05-12-12, 03:37 PM
Hollywoood
Pole Position

me being new to the lexus forum & reading this thread make me wanna not buy any part far..smdh any issues i can just pop up.. keep us posted on what happens everything will work out
Old 05-16-12, 04:40 PM
S2dannyKeo
Pole Position

Wednesday week 2 no email still haven't got my refund I'm fixing to say f*** it I'm never gona see my money I should stop having hope so let this be a lesson to you guys don't ever buy from phantom garage obliviously cause they'll probably screw you guys too
Old 05-16-12, 05:24 PM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Just wanted to say to all the people who are telling OP to calm down......wait till your money is tied up.

I would be hella pissed and would be calling daily. 5 dollars, 500 dollars......its my money. Don't F with it.