GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I need help.. Car was egged and need help picking out a good car cover.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-12, 02:27 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I've got a few covercrafts, yeah they make a bunch of different levels of protection, but I would suspect the lowest cost one you looked at would fit just as well, as I would think it's made by the same pattern it's just not as thick or as many layers. The ones I have fit very tight like a glove. And they all have the grommets at the bottom to tie a string or use a cover lock on them if desired.

I've had various universal covers in the past for cars and trucks, and none of them ever fit anything worth a ****.

Here's a previous thread about covers.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...r-the-2gs.html

Old 06-01-12, 03:09 PM
ErickGS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some sick bastards in this world.
Old 06-01-12, 04:01 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

is there anyone else in the area being targeted or is it just you?
Old 06-01-12, 08:13 PM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Lol. I can sell you a car alarm called "Smith & Wesson - unregistered test version" which has the .99 cent laser beam duct taped at the tip for aim or just pack up and move!
Old 06-01-12, 10:42 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FlockoGS4
Sleep in your car or be in another car with your boy across the street and then bust heads 12 years old or 50
Lmao i'm ready to man.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
do you know of anyone with a garage that you can park your car in for now? costco has a surveilance camera. i believe it's 4 cameras with receiver and mounts for 299.00. put your mods on hold until you find out who's f*%^$ing with your car. i would spend some mod money for the cameras to catch the a**hole that's doing it. it's a no-brainer. buy cameras, do mods later. or do mods and spend more money fixing the damage that someone has done and will continue to do, and continue spending money to fix it.
Negative. None of my boys live that close that I can afford to put my car in their garage or anything. I leave to vacation for a week next weekend, after when I get back I may look into these cameras 'cause I get paid the same day I get back from it. If this cover does no good then I will get these cameras and figure out who it is definitely.

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
I've got a few covercrafts, yeah they make a bunch of different levels of protection, but I would suspect the lowest cost one you looked at would fit just as well, as I would think it's made by the same pattern it's just not as thick or as many layers. The ones I have fit very tight like a glove. And they all have the grommets at the bottom to tie a string or use a cover lock on them if desired.

I've had various universal covers in the past for cars and trucks, and none of them ever fit anything worth a ****.

Here's a previous thread about covers.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...r-the-2gs.html

Thanks man. Yeah I ordered the covercraft. It was only $64 and had 3 layers and also is best for heavy rain etc. and with extra UV protection so it's great for Texas.

Originally Posted by ErickGS300
There are some sick bastards in this world.
I'm saying man.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
is there anyone else in the area being targeted or is it just you?
Negative just me. :/

Originally Posted by YxUxMADDDD
Lol. I can sell you a car alarm called "Smith & Wesson - unregistered test version" which has the .99 cent laser beam duct taped at the tip for aim or just pack up and move!
Lmao you wouldn't be the first to try and sell me that haha.
Old 06-02-12, 06:44 AM
gs400rpg
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope your taking your car with you on vacation? Also keep in mind could be someone you know who checks up on the forums, facebook ect.
Old 06-02-12, 07:25 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gs400rpg
I hope your taking your car with you on vacation? Also keep in mind could be someone you know who checks up on the forums, facebook ect.
I'm leaving at someones house for the week i'm gone. About 5 miles away and that knows nobody I do. While it's there it will be covered also.
Old 06-02-12, 10:18 PM
PUREADDICT
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have any experiences with the genuine OEM Lexus cover?