GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

New Pics of My Ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-02 | 06:51 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Default Close up of Amp

Old 11-28-02 | 06:54 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Default Final Shot of Rear Bumper

Veilside Rear Bumper -
Who likes my AUBURN Tag?

Old 11-28-02 | 09:23 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Very nice ride! I especially like the amp/sub install, very clean and stealth.

What's that thing around your wheel? Remote stereo control?

What door speakers?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-28-02 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-28-02 | 11:38 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Very nice ride! I especially like the amp/sub install, very clean and stealth.

What's that thing around your wheel? Remote stereo control?

What door speakers?
looks like weights to keep the car going straight. lol. j/k. i saw this car that kept going to the left, so the owner taped on some weight on the right side of the wheel to keep it stragitht. lol
Old 11-29-02 | 02:43 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Default Pics

Thanks Dave, LS400 and all.

Dave: Yeah its a Pioneer Steering Wheel Remote - Comes with the Radio. Speakers - I have Boston Pros in stock locations- Even the tweeter in the factory location so all stealth.. I use to compete in ISACA for years with other cars. This time its all done in the most clean/stealth and simple but in a nice way..

Jmai: I'm hoping that extra 100 lbs in the trun will keep me planted once a get my TC! The Whole sub-box sits right over the rear-end (you know right under the rear deck) and I still have plenty of luggage space and can still get to my spare with out removing any panels..

I will get more detail pics of Stereo Install later..

Thanks,
QWK

Here's a Pic of The Remote -

Last edited by 1QWKGS4; 11-29-02 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-29-02 | 02:46 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

wow only 100lbs??? thats really good. did you build that box yuorself?
Old 11-29-02 | 03:02 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Default Jmai:

Like I said : I've been competing for years - I design my system ofcourse but a buddy of mine actually built the box, freakin box weighs almost 100 lbs and with Capacitors, wiring, accessories,panels. I say 150lbs max.. But Its well worth it and maybe it will keep me planted, my car drop another 1/2 inch so "I Like that alot"

Later,
QWK

Last edited by 1QWKGS4; 11-29-02 at 03:04 AM.
Old 11-29-02 | 03:24 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

i'm also in the process of building my own box. i like the way yours looks. how you can't see the subs. the problem is. i have a first gen gs300. and the gas tank is actually inside the trunk right behind back seat. so i don't have much space to build a box like that. do you have and pictures behind the board the amp is bolted onto?? i want to see how you shaped the box and stuff. thanks.

btw.. what kind of abs plastic is that around your headunit looks very nice
Old 11-29-02 | 03:39 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Default Stereo System

Jmai:

I have pictures of the Install but have not developed it. But I can tell you I shape my box accordingly to the shape of the Trunk compartment- Its just a 3 Chamber box (Rectangle Box with the ends alittle extended to fit snug agaist the sides and the box is bolted to the rear deck..At one time I thought about cutting that rear deck and nope I've done to much cutting and frabrication in my days.. I found another way around it..Gotta Keep my baby Safe

My dash kit - was all custom took us 3 days -
Start out as a piece of wood (MDF) and then we laid Fiber glass over it, Sanded it to perfection - Painted it a color Similiar to the factory dash.. As you notice the AC Trim is painted at the same time so It all looks Stock.. Both my radios are Detachable Face so- I didn't want that stupid trim ring laying on top..We molded the trim ring to the Kit in Reverse and fit the units Flush..It looks like Stock.. Thats How I wanted it..

Later,
QWK
Old 11-29-02 | 03:59 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

wow that is nice. i'm going to do that then. right now i just have a big hole there.

how is your bass??? i tried facing my subs forward and it never sounded as good as facing towards the back. the way you have it setup the subs are actually going straight into the cabin. is the bass good inside the cabin?? for example... my subs right now are facing the rear. when i stand at my trunk with the trunk open i can see the subs move but the subs don't "feel" loud. but when i stand at the front of the car i can hear the deeper bass.
Old 11-29-02 | 04:09 AM
jasper
Rookie

Sweet looking car...nice and clean awesome job buddy!
Old 11-29-02 | 04:21 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Default BASS

Jamai:

My bass is very good, very clean and solid. We design the box exactly to JL Specs for the specific Sub and Air Space and kind of music I listen to- We tuned the box so I can listen from 80's music, Madonna, to Techno/Dance and Rap and Bass.. Its very Deep and Low Bass which I like!.. I had thought putting the bass controller on it from the amp (option) but I have it set just right so why bother.. Most of the biggest controls is in the Pioneer EQ - I can control Sub from both units to give the right time alignment.
Its sorta complicated but If it wasn't I'll be bored with it by now. HAHAHAH

What subs are U gonna use? Make sure you build them to Specs - don't try any experiments - yet its fun- but sometimes you never know how its gonna turn out. Sometimes really good, but mostly not so good and you wasted all that time and parts, labor etc...

Later,
QWK
Old 11-29-02 | 04:30 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Default Jasper

Thanks Guy! I appreciate it..
I thought I would be done once I get my TC, but since I been on CL - I'm not done yet ..
You guys have corrupted me - I want the AP Brakes, the TRD sways, Tom's Barrel Exhaust, New Front Bumper - Maybe Wise or Espirit.
I love those new HRE Wheels with the Staight lip like the Volks and Blitz - all that is another $10K!!
But I'm gonna do it!

Thanks ClubLexus!
QWK
Old 11-29-02 | 04:55 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: BASS

Originally posted by 1QWKGS4
Jamai:

My bass is very good, very clean and solid. We design the box exactly to JL Specs for the specific Sub and Air Space and kind of music I listen to- We tuned the box so I can listen from 80's music, Madonna, to Techno/Dance and Rap and Bass.. Its very Deep and Low Bass which I like!.. I had thought putting the bass controller on it from the amp (option) but I have it set just right so why bother.. Most of the biggest controls is in the Pioneer EQ - I can control Sub from both units to give the right time alignment.
Its sorta complicated but If it wasn't I'll be bored with it by now. HAHAHAH

What subs are U gonna use? Make sure you build them to Specs - don't try any experiments - yet its fun- but sometimes you never know how its gonna turn out. Sometimes really good, but mostly not so good and you wasted all that time and parts, labor etc...

Later,
QWK
right now i have 2 alpine type R's DVC 2 ohm version. i'm planning to build 2 fiberglassbox on each side of my trunk. they require i think it was .75-1.25 cubic feet which is4.5 gallons of water to 6.5 callons of water. the subs are going to be on each side against the rear quarter panal facing eachother with my amps in the middle bolted against the back wall like yours. i wantted to do hidden subs like yours but like i said earlier my gas tank is right behind the rear seat so my space is very minimal to build a setuplike that that will be convinient. i could build a box like that but if i got a flat tire i would have to remove the entire box just to get to the tire because it would have to stick out more than yours. probly beyond the rear deck about couple inches
Old 11-29-02 | 10:58 AM
LexFather

Dude, looks GREAT! U need to come to ATLANTA when it's warmer for one of our meets.

Quick Reply: New Pics of My Ride