GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Wheel/tire combo, prob been beat to death

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-12, 05:56 PM
Dirtybrd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel/tire combo, prob been beat to death

What is the best width/offset 19" wheel/tire combo for the GS? I want them flush, staggered, little to no stretch, no rub and a true alignment, no camber or stance. Will be on C/Os so height will be adjustable.
Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by Dirtybrd; 11-07-12 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-07-12, 06:09 PM
Dirtybrd
Rookie

No one? BUMP
Old 11-07-12, 06:14 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

its impossible to be flush with no rub and no stretch, unless your fenders are fully shaved, even then most likely you will rub if you don't camber. unless you ride 4x4 height on stiffest setting.
Old 11-07-12, 07:00 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

EDIT: I gave you your answer in 19" and even showed you where to search and now you're thinking of 20's?? I retract my statement not worth my time. GL

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 11-08-12 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-08-12, 04:06 PM
Dirtybrd
Rookie

I could prob do a lil stretch to get flush, but want to avoid camber and rub! And how about 20's?

Last edited by Dirtybrd; 11-08-12 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-08-12, 05:21 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts

you can't avoid camber and rub if you want flush. you MUST camber or you will rub, unless u run like high offsets/ narrow wheel but then you won't be flush. And if you want 20" be prepared to run 30 series tires.
Old 11-09-12, 11:51 AM
Dirtybrd
Rookie

thanks for the help.
Old 11-09-12, 02:27 PM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
EDIT: I gave you your answer in 19" and even showed you where to search and now you're thinking of 20's?? I retract my statement not worth my time. GL
best comment ever...... haha
Old 11-10-12, 03:01 PM
Dirtybrd
Rookie

No wonder this thread exists, there seems to be a few egos here.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-gs-forum.html
Funny thing is I bet I've got more car experience then both of you combined. I just asked a simple question or two. The german car seen is full of helpful people and I kinda figured here would be the same here. A lot of threads are full of ego filled responses, don't act like you never asked a question without searching. When I read through that wheel thread all I see is a bunch of unanswered wheel fitment questions, unless its something extreme

Last edited by Dirtybrd; 11-10-12 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-10-12, 03:06 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AVSRacing
its impossible to be flush with no rub and no stretch, unless your fenders are fully shaved, even then most likely you will rub if you don't camber. unless you ride 4x4 height on stiffest setting.
Originally Posted by Dirtybrd
No wonder this thread exists, there seems to be a few real dicks here.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-gs-forum.html

They gave you advice. You're the douche for not considering their comments or advice. Spend time reading the forum every question you have has been answer. We aren't a people who spoon feed every answer. You even know yourself that this topic has been beaten to death.

As for the "there seems to be a few real dicks" check out other forums. Especially zilvia, we are better establish than most forums out there.
Old 11-10-12, 03:10 PM
Dirtybrd
Rookie

Read my post again, I revised it.
Old 11-10-12, 03:13 PM
Dirtybrd
Rookie

Going thru the hassle of deleting a post and putting this is uncalled for
Originally Posted by nyc80rick
best comment ever...... haha
As if this
Old 11-10-12, 03:27 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sorry, but whenever I hear the "I got more experience than you, i've got this car this car, etc etc" . I laugh, just because you state that doesn't mean anything. If anything it hurts more than it helps.

One of the reason why most of the questions are unanswer is because they are silly questions. Its has been answered OVER and OVER. Being flush with no rub, no fender work, no camber, no toe or any type of adjustment is nearly impossible. Just read the fitment thread and it'll give you a general idea, once you get what wheel specs you want then ask a specific question not a broad one such as, " I want wheels that are flushed"
Old 11-10-12, 03:56 PM
Dirtybrd
Rookie

Its more so how things were happened. Some people act as if they have never asked without a search. Of the 5 or so years I was on Audizine never once did i tell someone one to use the search button, even if the questions were obviously something asked over and over, thats all. I believe in helping others out instead of coping attitude. I guess its just not the same around here, some people are just to cool I guess. As for the me having knowlegde statement, I've built over 20 some odd cars for myself, helped with several others, been an ASE automotive tech for almost 20 years working on British, German, Japanese, American cars/trucks and even heavy equipment. So more then likely my statement is true. Im not here to start a pissing match, its just rubs me the wrong way. If Im in the wrong I'll man up and I apologize!
Old 11-10-12, 06:04 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Soooooo...... ....... What setup are u going with? Thats why i came into the thread. Just curious i guess.

Quick Reply: Wheel/tire combo, prob been beat to death