GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My new home...Time to show her off alittle bit.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-12, 10:15 AM
8ll8lack
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new home...Time to show her off alittle bit.

Bought her about 4 months ago. Since I gave up my S500 to my Gf to drive my son around in. I needed a cheap car, but has to be a V8. After studying the mod I could to this beauty. Thanks too this forum! I went searching for something in my price range. This one came up about 4hrs away from me. Left that night to go pick her up. $4,000 short in the bank account later she was mine. Yes, its salvage. Has around 150K which is barely a brake in point for these car. I am a happy camper even with a needed paint job. Bone stock no mod's from the 2nd onwer of the car.

First week she came home. I stripped everything out to clean her gut. I found about $20 in change under the rear seat plus a dollar bill in the coin holder. =)

She has since been dressed up a bit.

- Knock off TTE lip (it hurts to drop that much cash on a real one & its my dam DD)
- Calzzio seat cover (Gf bought it for father's day) =)
- Pioneer AVH p8400BH (courtesy of my work place)
- L7 15" sub paired with MA amp (set up from old car)
- Rear retracable window sun shade (it was from an Audi chopped up the rear deck to do this mod)
- Depo rear taillight
- Dual fog light on stock bumper.
- Rocking the 745 wheels

Things to do on the list.

- Drop a LS2 & 6spd tranny swap
- Custom Borla exhaust and quad tip (already have all the parts from old build)
- Repaint the car (keeping it black)

Let me know what you guys think so far.

2/26/13 - Chrome handles overlays added
3/16/13 - Yakima bike rack installed
4/23/13 - L-tuned springs installed
5/25/13 - 30mm front & rear RCA installed
5/25/13 - 20mm wheel adapter
Attached Thumbnails My new home...Time to show her off alittle bit.-my-gs400.jpg   My new home...Time to show her off alittle bit.-before-rca.jpg   My new home...Time to show her off alittle bit.-after-rca.jpg  

Last edited by 8ll8lack; 05-28-13 at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-08-12, 10:44 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

is the lip painted?

i want some 7 series wheels too so heavy and durable but cant find any for a decent price.
Old 11-08-12, 10:45 AM
SCORTIZ
Driver

Looks good we need more pics!!
Old 11-08-12, 11:01 AM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

NICE! Need more pictures!

What struts and management are you using?

And how many holes did you have to redrill?
Old 11-08-12, 11:05 AM
8ll8lack
Pole Position

Thanks guys.

- lips isn't painted just black plastic abs. Waiting to finish other little project before painting. Don't want to mess up the paint.

- More pictures when I put the interior back together. She is still gutted since I need to run more wires. Waiting for the OEM m3 battery cables. Going to run a 2nd battery to the trunk. Besides the front fog light it looks like any other slammed GS on the road.

- I went with just KYB strut and no serious electronic management. I just a cheap small 3 switch box & valves from Rockstar. paired with a Dakota gauge install in the coin holder on the left side of the steering wheel. fits perfect in that spot.
for the wheel every hole was drilled a few mm each.

Last edited by 8ll8lack; 11-08-12 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-08-12, 11:56 AM
thanhvu
Pole Position

im feeling the landcruise fog lights. was it hard to install?
Old 11-08-12, 12:00 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

whered you get it redrilled?
Old 11-08-12, 12:33 PM
kwags1023
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Diggin the fog lights more pix pls i wish theres a diy for those fog lights.
Old 11-08-12, 01:06 PM
8ll8lack
Pole Position

im feeling the landcruise fog lights. was it hard to install?
it was fairly easy since i had it all mocked up in my head. Even my Gf thought I was crazy. You will not be able to go back to stock if this is done.

Had to trim the fins and a little from the rear of the bumper that holds the OEM fog light. Then use a heat gun to soften then bumper. Shove in the fog light and hold the light. Use the heat gun to heat up the plastic so it would take shape of the land cruiser shape while using a metal bar or pliers to push plastic while it cools down. Once you think it looks good put 3 screw on top and 2 screw on the bottom. I tried to follow the marking left from the stock fog lamp.

Wired it up to run off the battery with a relay connected to the stock OEM switch wired. this way it wont over load & melt the OEM wires. Could use the aftermarket fog light wire kit to wire it up.

1sWt2GS whered you get it redrilled?
It was done by Team3wheels in Hayward, CA.

kwags1023 Diggin the fog lights more pix pls i wish theres a diy for those fog lights.
I will be working on a few GS this weekend. If it isn't raining and have time I would love to make a write for other to do this.

What a razor blade, & heat gun can do the stock bumper! its a head turner for sure.
Old 11-08-12, 01:19 PM
BayAreaLex
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Yes sir, another Style-95 wheel'd Lexus! Looks like there are at least a couple of us here in Nor Cal rockin them. I'm wondering what you paid to have them redrilled? I redrilled mine for $75/wheel at Memory Fab in Union City.

And don't question their durability (afterall, they were OEM on a 4500lbs sedan). They weigh about 35-37lbs each (just the rims) and can survive an atomic bomb blast. I wish they were lighter, but oh well, they look fantastic, are super strong, and typically cheaper even with the redrill than going aftermarket.

The size/offset of these wheels are just about perfect for a 2GS too.

Last edited by BayAreaLex; 11-08-12 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-08-12, 01:22 PM
rogzballz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a lot of work in a few months, welcome to the forum!

Also, I'd like to see more pictures and maybe a write-up on your Audi sun shade ?!?!
Old 11-08-12, 01:24 PM
thanhvu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 8ll8lack
I will be working on a few GS this weekend. If it isn't raining and have time I would love to make a write for other to do this.

What a razor blade, & heat gun can do the stock bumper! its a head turner for sure.
+1 for a DIY with pictures on the fog lights
Old 11-08-12, 01:51 PM
8ll8lack
Pole Position

I'm wondering what you paid to have them redrilled? I redrilled mine for $75/wheel at Memory Fab in Union City.
No need to wonder anymore to hurt that head. Just $250 total. I drop the wheels off on Thursday and picked them up Friday afternoon.

Here is their website list pricing.
http://www.team3wheels.com/wheel_repair.html

Also, I'd like to see more pictures and maybe a write-up on your Audi sun shade ?!?!
i just took a razor blade to the back deck. lol. Bought some Porsche sun visor front clip and screwed that to the headliner to hold the shade up. Came out better then i thought. i will try to get pictures up. Its just the manual rear sun shade, since the rear deck doesn't have that much space to install a motorized version. =/

Even with tinted windows my son doesn't like the sun beaming on his big *** head.

I wouldn't mind doing a write up if you would like to do it. Since the car is still gutted. Driving around with a gutted GS getting weird looks is fun!

Last edited by 8ll8lack; 11-08-12 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-08-12, 02:49 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome.. Nice touch with the foglights...
Old 11-08-12, 04:07 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gotta love those fogs....welcome to the board!

Quick Reply: My new home...Time to show her off alittle bit.