GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Body Kit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-02 | 01:44 AM
GS4oo
Driver School Candidate

Default Body Kit Installation

Does anybody know how to install a body kit on their own? If so, is it hard and how do you do it?
Old 12-03-02 | 02:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

every body kit is different. but i know a lot of times it requires some professional body shop to do some custom job to fit the parts on the cars. personally i would let them do the install
Old 12-03-02 | 02:02 PM
TRDGS3
Driver

Default Re: Body Kit Installation

Originally posted by GS4oo
Does anybody know how to install a body kit on their own? If so, is it hard and how do you do it?
No, its not hard, just get some duct tape and tape it on there....dont forget the twisty ties also those do wonders...lol...

Ok...I would have to agree with Rominl let a body shop do it, after all they have to paint it so why not let 'em put it on while it is there. Also most if not all kits have to be cut here or there to fit onto the car after all the mold that the kit comes from is just a copy so it is not exact.

-KRis

BTW is anyone getting pissed with me being a smart azz cuz some people have sent me a few emails and lets just say they werent nice....
Old 12-03-02 | 07:03 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Body Kit Installation

Originally posted by TRDGS3

BTW is anyone getting pissed with me being a smart azz cuz some people have sent me a few emails and lets just say they werent nice....
really? that's funny. i usually just ignore idiots that i encounter(not saying you, cause i haven't run into you yet). but being a smart guy doesn't appear too accepted here at all from what i've seen

GS4o,
a body kit isn't that hard to take off and on AFTER the initial install, but the first time is a doozy because there is always little parts to drill or cut as the others trd and rominl said.
Old 12-04-02 | 09:29 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Thats what the "LOL" and smilie faces are for, to let people know the intent of your message... if people don't appreciate a sense of humor, thats their problem. I say rock on!
Old 12-04-02 | 05:48 PM
TRDGS3
Driver

Thanks for the support guys....

I have a question on this subject though....I asked this question before the body kit is painted so why not have the body shop put the body kit on? Please tell me the kit is painted and that you were waiting to put it on....don't roll around with primer -or- an unpainted body kit.....especially on the Lex....please consider this....it makes us all look bad as tunners......and you especially....leave it to the guys with the "H" to roll on unpainted kits.....we are use to seeing that

lateRZ

-KRis
Old 12-04-02 | 11:29 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Nah bro, I always get a kick out of what you say... I guess some don't like it but IMO it's funny and I enjoy a good laugh when I'm sitting here alone....