GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

should.I have had to.pay them???

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-12, 09:20 AM
HOLGER21
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ok the real story and reason I Didnt check is because as I got.my car back from the dealer my alternator went bad an my car tried to turn off ... so I thought it was something they just had done because the radio flickered on n off . I was more worried about that issue so I had to grab a loaner. have it replace then and so on

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 11-15-12, 09:37 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by HOLGER21
Here is a pic of the receipt sorry I took long lol
thats crazy cheap.... the labor at Lexus of Memphis is $150 a hour no wonder i dont use them
Old 11-15-12, 01:56 PM
sam12345
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I went into the Lexus dealer to turn off the exit feature on my tilt and telescope. The mechanic said that it did not have that feature, I said it did. So he connected the scanner and found out I was right. Because of this he did not charge me.
Old 11-16-12, 08:17 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

It's $21 dollars man, should you pay shouldnt even be in the conversation. Just drive back to the dealer and ask them to fix what they can if its an available option. And if a dealer is only charging you $21 for anything at all, the two hr wait is well worth it, and to be expected. I understand that you want to get what you paid for, but there are much bigger issues in life than that $21 dollars, hell I just spent that at breakfast this morning!

Not every battle is worth fighting.

On another note, Sakataj, why are you always on these boards trying to call people out. You got this man posting his damn reciept like he's making it up. I see you with posts like this all the time man. Chill out with that **** bro!

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 11-16-12 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-16-12, 09:10 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
On another note, Sakataj, why are you always on these boards trying to call people out. You got this man posting his damn reciept like he's making it up. I see you with posts like this all the time man. Chill out with that **** bro!
if i told you my dealership charged me $21 for 2 hours worth of labor you would say i was bs'ing also...all i wanted to do was to see if he was on the level and last time i checked he never had to post it, it was just a request and we both know sometimes people join these forums and just are full of garbage, so i asked to see if he was, he wasnt so no biggie.

plus i dont care what you see me with, your not my pops. You OG's think people are supposed to bow to you cause your old but i will tell you what, buying and selling i have had more issues with you OG's than anyone. all the transactions i have had, 3 issues ever and all 3 with a OG (including the current issue im having)
Old 11-16-12, 09:58 AM
scriber
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like his receipt has a lot of personal info, if it was me I would want to keep that private... just saying
Old 11-16-12, 10:15 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

I'm not going to spend a whole lot of my time on this, you are clearly not mature enough for constructive criticism.

To answer your question, if you told me you paid $21 at the dealership I wouldnt give a ****, and I surely wouldnt ask you to post youre reciept to prove it. It's childish, plain and simple. And if you want to talk about people posting garbage, take a look at yourself my man. You have a pretty high post count, most of them garbage remarks to other members. If you want to worry about the "quality" of this board, start by leading by example.

And you're right, im not your pops. If I was you wouldnt act like you do, trust me. If you want to make yourself look like a **** 90% of the time you post, go for it. But when you do, dont hide behind some misguided idea that you are somehow bettering the forum. What youre doing is being part of the problem that has brought down the quality of this forum over the years.

As far as you're opinion on "OG's", I dont need people bowing down to me on an internet forum to stroke my ego. I have a high enough opinion about myself in real life. And dont take youre experiences with a few poeple and lump everyone into that category. I have bought and sold enough items on this forum over the years to buy your car 5 times over and never once had an issue.

Grow up bro!
Old 11-16-12, 10:17 AM
HOLGER21
Pole Position

ok kill the drama saka thanks for the feedback guys

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 11-16-12, 10:57 AM
SiCcNeSs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the OP's 1st post was somewhat confusing. So posting a pic of what was done would eliminate any speculation.

Holger, you should black out your personal information on your receipt. Just a good idea moving forward.
Old 11-16-12, 02:40 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
thats crazy cheap.... the labor at Lexus of Memphis is $150 a hour no wonder i dont use them
Wow that's almost double what it is here in Pittsburgh, it's $90 an hour, I'll show u guys a receipt for $1666.xx that was a crappy day! Lol

Last edited by DosyBoy; 11-16-12 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-16-12, 03:24 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

well, just to throw my hat into the ring to clear up the argument.
The WorkOrder doesn't say 2hours of labor.
it's a Flat-fee charge of $19.99.

The OP said 2hours to pick up his car. I will suggest they don't start working on your car immediately, I will guess that most of the time your car was just waiting to get worked on.

Even if this particular tech actually took 2hours to fiddle around with the computer or 200hours to do it, it's a flat-fee service, so you get charged the same rate which is $19.99.

On the same token, regarding booktimes; if tech finishes a task faster than the booktime, you still pay the booktime, you don't get a discount.

OK, so throw out the debate on hourly labor rates. The 2hours thing is misleading and meaningless.

$20 to change your settings is not expensive. Most places charge more for that service. This is the same as those one-off services like programming keys, and most Lexus dealers will price these service at $50 or so just as a start.

If your car isn't to your liking, get it changed again for another $20.

If it was your fault that what you wanted wasn't communicated well, be prepared to repay the $20.
If you think it was their fault, you can ask if they can negotiate the price, but don't be an *** and demand it.

You may get it for free, or maybe at least you can inquire about it being discounted . There is no hard rule on this, it depends how good are your people skills and the service manager's discretion.
A) If you were a good customer in the past, and spent a chunk of change on "real" mechanical service or bought the car there, you may find suddenly these types of services are free.
B) If you're not a good customer, you may find you need to pay.
C) If you are a new customer with the right kind of profile, maybe you find they will give you freebies to win you over.

Not being an *** over $20 can help you build a relationship so you are in the "good customer" category for next time. Or you can cut your losses and always go to another dealer or independent service.

Do be prepared that you might possibly need to wait another 2hours for the service appointment (even if it really takes them 5minutes to do the actual programming) . Or they maybe ready for you and get it done just as you drive through.

As mentioned previously, if you come in more prepared with the knowledge of possible settings for this car (from this forum and dave's post), you can be more sure of what you want.

Last edited by raytseng; 11-16-12 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-16-12, 03:58 PM
sam12345
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't get the argument. His receipt specifically states what he wanted and what they did. So if it's not doing what it says on the receipt I am sure they will redo it for free. It's just a matter of going back to the dealer and wasting your time in the waiting room. So to get even eat all the donuts and drink all the coffee while you wait