GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

UGGGH I hate Deers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-12 | 09:32 AM
ChrisPhate
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by luda42688
the problem is you were bumping E-40.... dear heard that and needed to die
Hahaha.

But seriously, I grew up out in the woods, and deer are dicks.
Old 11-21-12 | 10:31 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Yea, my last run in with a deer = 4500 in damage

Glad you are ok. Glad the damage wasn't worse
Old 11-21-12 | 10:37 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Sorry for your partial loss.

This gal has good advice for the deer.

Old 11-21-12 | 10:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

hey OP

Old 11-26-12 | 01:05 PM
pmlexus
Driver

Slow down playa this is dangerous ground your treading on. haha Now what you mean to say is The dear heard E-40 and started to get hyphy and didnt pay attention and got blasted.

Its ok I forgive you for your mistake
Old 11-26-12 | 01:09 PM
pmlexus
Driver

Here is a pic of the damage I spoke to the my body man and I got really lucky only a damaged headlight and some slight damage to the radiator support. So I came out of this one ok.

I have already ordered new headlights and should have them tomorrow :-) I also orderd HID's so I can up grade those as well.
Old 11-26-12 | 02:26 PM
d7620
Pole Position

haha win...
Old 11-27-12 | 09:52 AM
pmlexus
Driver

So I am expecting my headlights to come in today as per my ups tracking # Hid's are on the way and i will be installing it all this weekend.
Old 11-27-12 | 12:12 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

damage doesnt look bad at all be thankful
Old 11-27-12 | 12:41 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
damage doesnt look bad at all be thankful
hood,radiator support, headlight, bumper, side marker,misc clips....body work/labor/paint easy $3-5k done correctly.... (possible frame damage also.....look how far the hood has shifted over in his picture)

im curious to hear why the insurance isnt paying this claim, i read you said they ****ed you but how so?
Old 11-27-12 | 02:23 PM
pmlexus
Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
hood,radiator support, headlight, bumper, side marker,misc clips....body work/labor/paint easy $3-5k done correctly.... (possible frame damage also.....look how far the hood has shifted over in his picture)

Well I know that the damage looks worse than it is but luckly the actually the hood was not damaged. the bumper is fine just missing one clip. The fender is pulled out away from the hood line, this is the reason for the gap. My buddy will be correcting that when I install my headlights this weekend.

The radiator support is bent at the head light mount so it is nothing some channel locks cant massage back.

Originally Posted by sakataj
im curious to hear why the insurance isnt paying this claim, i read you said they ****ed you but how so?
As fas as insurance goes I had to adjust my policy to increase my limits at the end of October. My adjuster let me know that since I made a policy change there is a 60 day waiting period where my deductible triples if I file a claim. So I would have to come out of pocket $2250 before my insurance would cut a check for the difference.

There is not enough damage for me to justify paying that much out of my pocket so I said ****** it and didnt file a claim.
Old 11-27-12 | 02:43 PM
pmlexus
Driver

So I went home for lunch and found this on my door step...

I unpacked them and here they are finally I dont have to drive around looking like a jack a** anymore lol.

O so clear!

There are some pro's and cons to these headlights but I cant complain to much.

Pro's
-Brand new all shiny
-No more yellow headlights
-Includes brand new bulbs (but I will be scrapping all of them for upgrades)
-They will make a perfect starting point when I mod them for projectors.

Cons
-Not OEM
-Went from green tints to clear housings
-Not OEM HID like i wanted but o well

And I also recieved my HID kit so I am waiting on my led bulbs and i will be all set. And yes I know its lame to put HID's in a Non Hid housing but when I orderd the headlights the descritpions said it didnt include bulbs. I got the HID kit on a black friday sale so it would up being the same price as a set of new bulbs.

I will be upgrading to a projector set up in the near future so the kit will get used on another project so it will work out anyways.
Old 11-27-12 | 02:59 PM
SoicyGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by pmlexus
So I went home for lunch and found this on my door step...

I unpacked them and here they are finally I dont have to drive around looking like a jack a** anymore lol.

O so clear!

There are some pro's and cons to these headlights but I cant complain to much.

Pro's
-Brand new all shiny
-No more yellow headlights
-Includes brand new bulbs (but I will be scrapping all of them for upgrades)
-They will make a perfect starting point when I mod them for projectors.

Cons
-Not OEM
-Went from green tints to clear housings
-Not OEM HID like i wanted but o well

And I also recieved my HID kit so I am waiting on my led bulbs and i will be all set. And yes I know its lame to put HID's in a Non Hid housing but when I orderd the headlights the descritpions said it didnt include bulbs. I got the HID kit on a black friday sale so it would up being the same price as a set of new bulbs.

I will be upgrading to a projector set up in the near future so the kit will get used on another project so it will work out anyways.
Why exactly is it lame to put a hid kit in non hid housings? If you own a GS that didn't come with hid's as a dealer option you should be stuck with some bs halogen bulbs? That's like saying if your GS didn't come with oem navigation it's lame to buy an aftermarket head unit with navigation. Sounds dumb to me.
Old 11-27-12 | 04:08 PM
pmlexus
Driver

Originally Posted by SoicyGS300
Why exactly is it lame to put a hid kit in non hid housings? If you own a GS that didn't come with hid's as a dealer option you should be stuck with some bs halogen bulbs? That's like saying if your GS didn't come with oem navigation it's lame to buy an aftermarket head unit with navigation. Sounds dumb to me.
I am only saying this because I am sure I will get one or two people complaining abou the glare the you get when you put HID's in a non hid housing. I personaly dont care thats why I orderd them.
Old 11-27-12 | 10:03 PM
SoicyGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by pmlexus
I am only saying this because I am sure I will get one or two people complaining abou the glare the you get when you put HID's in a non hid housing. I personaly dont care thats why I orderd them.
Oh ok, I'm running the same setup. My GS didn't come with HID's, but the PO installed an HID kit in it. I just changed the bulbs to a K level that i liked better when I got the car. I personally like going this route better because you're not stuck with the oem 4-4500k HID setup. You can go whatever intensity you want very easily with the aftermarket kit. The only thing i like better about the oem HID setup is the auto leveling. My 1IS had that, I loved it

Quick Reply: UGGGH I hate Deers!