GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-13, 08:01 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
Yes, I've read the thread in the past and I understand where you are coming from but, I wasn't yelling or attempting to be mean at the OP or any other members on this site. I try to be helpful with members here if I'm able to shed some knowledge on a topic. Search my posts in this thread, I haven't been mean or yelling to the OP; actually showing more empathy in my past post because of what someone did to his car. I was simply stating to get off the CL app because it's plenty of info on this site. There is a DIY in the sticky on how to take off the door panel. When people take the time to search, it allows them to understand the Search capability of this site and a lot of times, you end up finding more useful information than you initially started looking for. This is the case for me anyway. Maybe I'm just different. The ONLY time I make a new thread is if I"ve searched using this site and Google, and I STILL can't find the answer.

To the OP, sorry if my post came at you like I was yelling. "If I go and catch a fish for you, you only eat once and you are hungry again, if I teach you how to fish, you will never go hungry again"...something my late G-Father used to tell me.
dont feel bad i know where your coming from especially with this member. i tried and tried to be nice. i asked him to search, i posted him links and he just refused as he still does so i added him to my ignore list. i now only see his posts when i want to look at them.

OP this part isn't about you specifically so please don't read it that way.....

i find it increasingly more and more frustrated with how much we pamper people who refuse to help themselves....especially when they are not new members.dont get me wrong, i understand helping out the new people AT FIRST but i think we silver spoon the returning OG's a little to much. they have been around for ages and they know the ropes......not to mention they are like alot of the noobs. they come in post something common, we spoon feed it to them and they disappear again for years only to come back when they have another common issue. i also find it disheartening after trying to help someone and them refusing to i get "snapped" at by a mod but i guess i should be the bigger man and move on and let it be (i have been doing better i think but i really just have lost heart with this side of the forums lately)

i love this community or i did, all i want to do now is move onto a more luxurious or more expensive lexus model to get away from the honda civic crowd as it is becoming. i hold a soft spot in my heart for the 2nd gen and its members especially all of them who helped me out in my start but i barely know anyone anymore on here and i find i am increasingly more and more not posting in these repetitive threads maybe when the winter goes away and i start wrenching on my car i will find my love again for this car but if not, after paint its going up for sale

Last edited by sakataj; 01-16-13 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-16-13, 08:27 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
dont feel bad i know where your coming from especially with this member. i tried and tried to be nice. i asked him to search, i posted him links and he just refused as he still does so i added him to my ignore list. i now only see his posts when i want to look at them.

i find it increasingly more and more frustrated with how much we pamper people who refuse to help themselves....especially when they are not new members.dont get me wrong, i understand helping out the new people AT FIRST but i think we silver spoon the returning OG's a little to much. they have been around for ages and they know the ropes......not to mention they are like alot of the noobs. they come in post something common, we spoon feed it to them and they disappear again for years only to come back when they have another common issue. i also find it disheartening after trying to help someone and them refusing to i get "snapped" at by a mod but i guess i should be the bigger man and move on and let it be (i have been doing better i think but i really just have lost heart with this side of the forums lately)

i love this community or i did, all i want to do now is move onto a more luxurious or more expensive lexus model to get away from the honda civic crowd as it is becoming. i hold a soft spot in my heart for the 2nd gen and its members especially all of them who helped me out in my start but i barely know anyone anymore on here and i find i am increasingly more and more not posting in these repetitive threads maybe when the winter goes away and i start wrenching on my car i will find my love again for this car but if not, after paint its going up for sale
+ Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Paul Allen....great post. If you do sell/part out, maybe we can work out a deal with your headlights that are retrofitted...
Old 01-16-13, 09:02 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

...There is a DIY in the sticky on how to take off the door panel. When people take the time to search, it allows them to understand the Search capability of this site and a lot of times, you end up finding more useful information than you initially started looking for...

"If I go and catch a fish for you, you only eat once and you are hungry again, if I teach you how to fish, you will never go hungry again"
Had you made a clear suggestion in the post I responded to like "There is a DIY in the sticky on how to take off the door panel [at the top of the 2GS forum]" rather then "dude, stop posting using your CL app and get on a laptop or computer and search!" I would not have said anything.

Telling someone "Go fish!" is VERY different then "Here is how to fish." Help us teach new and less experienced members how to search(fish). If you do not want to do this no problem, just let them be and go to the next thread. Other members will step in and reply or they will go search on their own.

That said I do not disagree with the idea of members searching before posting. But the forum has made it very clear how it prefers this situation to be handled. Members should choose to follow these guides or not reply. Not everyone will agree with these outlines or rules which is fine but there are better options then ignoring them. CL also provides the Site Questions, Suggestions & Problems section for suggestions and members can also contact any of the Moderators through PM. We are happy to discuss any concerns with a user, issue, or rule.

Feel free to PM on these matters if you wish and lets let this thread get back on topic.

Thanks.

Last edited by Debonair; 01-16-13 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-16-13, 09:28 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Definitely another alternative people should consider.

i find it increasingly more and more frustrated with how much we pamper people who refuse to help themselves....especially when they are not new members. dont get me wrong, i understand helping out the new people AT FIRST but i think we silver spoon the returning OG's a little to much. they have been around for ages and they know the ropes......not to mention they are like alot of the noobs. they come in post something common, we spoon feed it to them and they disappear again for years only to come back when they have another common issue. i also find it disheartening after trying to help someone and them refusing to i get "snapped" at by a mod but i guess i should be the bigger man and move on and let it be (i have been doing better i think but i really just have lost heart with this side of the forums lately)

A couple things stand out in this post Brian. First is OG vs. Noob. Personally I do not make any distinction between the two when replying or assisting members. Length of membership and post count are not something that matters.

Second - and I am only addressing "go search!" threads here since that is what started this discussion - these are not considered helpful unless they include tips on what terms to use in the search and/or a couple links to applicable threads. I guarantee any threads with these suggestions will not result in a mod snapping at you.

Lets try to avoid getting someone else's thread off topic with opinions of the members, the club, the mods, etc. that are not directly related to said thread.

Feel free to PM on these matters if you wish and lets let this thread get back on topic.

Thanks.

Last edited by Debonair; 01-16-13 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-16-13, 10:28 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

If you do sell/part out, maybe we can work out a deal with your headlights that are retrofitted...
wont be parting out....PM me if u need anything though

Originally Posted by Debonair

Thanks.
no problem Abel....last statement on this, you were a excellent choice as a mod. you represent the best of the 2nd gen gs side.

BACK ON TOPIC NOW
Old 01-16-13, 11:01 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Whoa. Allot of posts here since I last checked. I'm glad everyone is getting along. Really. Lol. I purchased my parts (bumper & driver side fender) from CL member LALEX1. He is a very HELPFUL & CONSIDERATE member. I can vouch for him all day. The paint matched up pretty smooooth. Can barely notice differences. I'm very satisfied with the job now that I look at it. Thanks for all the links, suggestions, support, etc. I did not feel offended by any thing said on thread lol. I nip things in the butt learn 1 way or another. I really do appreciate the more "patient" members tho. They really did help me out tremendously. They know who they are. And last but not least, this is to SAKATAJ. Its no hard feelings. No matter how you may feel towards me, there's no reason to have bitterness towards me. You've came on a bit strong in the past. I ALWAYS understood your point of view, but to a certain extent. That whole "refusal to search" post was inaccurate. I do search allot. More then you think. So please, stop trying to make it seem like I'm this lazy slob that waits for everyone to help him out. I'm not. Personally, if you don't wanna contribute to a thread I may have going on, just ignore me completely. There's other members who are more patient that are willingly able to help. I've always felt this "cyber" friction with you. For what, idk. But honestly you are a smart member. I've read your threads. ABC you've actually been a great deal of help. So thanks for your help and to CL, thank you all!

Any questions on the rebuild, whatever, be free to ask. I know I never made that DIY I promised. But if anyone needs help, I'll do my best to do so. With pics and everything.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 01-16-13, 12:47 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by aneidiaz
And last but not least, this is to SAKATAJ. Its no hard feelings. No matter how you may feel towards me, there's no reason to have bitterness towards me. You've came on a bit strong in the past. I ALWAYS understood your point of view, but to a certain extent. That whole "refusal to search" post was inaccurate. I do search allot. More then you think. So please, stop trying to make it seem like I'm this lazy slob that waits for everyone to help him out. I'm not. Personally, if you don't wanna contribute to a thread I may have going on, just ignore me completely. There's other members who are more patient that are willingly able to help. I've always felt this "cyber" friction with you. For what, idk. But honestly you are a smart member. I've read your threads. ABC you've actually been a great deal of help. So thanks for your help and to CL, thank you all
you dont man, thats the problem you seriously dont. i mean look at the post you just made about the ML repair kit. it was listed for you in post # 3 and then you just skip to the end and ask where you can find this. u want/expect to be spoon fed and im not sure if its cause your using a mobile phone to view the site (i will admit using the site on a mobile isnt fun and i hate doing it) or if your just seriously lazy....

i just sent you a PM i would like to post on here to prove my point over and over again but i will play nice and keep it private. i spent the last 30 mins writing this pm (its polite/mature/and work safe lol) so i hope you actually read it.....every word. if its better to wait till you get home and off your android then do it that way but please actually read it. it lays out every issue, you act like i just jumped on here and immediately attacked you but i didnt, i tried at first to help you, several times on several common things and you refused to help yourself. seriously please read the whole PM and hopefully you actually take it to heart. im actually one of the easiest people to get along with, i have met alot of CL members and im a super nice guy i just dont enjoy daily baby sitting people....especially people who attack me for helping them

i really do/did believe in the 2nd gen gs community and im taking this to PM with you so hopefully we can figure out this issue between us and fix it. i would honestly prefer if no one including you responds to this particular post (not the thread....def continue on with the thread, just this post in particular).im sure a handful of fanboys will be wanting to post on this but i really wanna end this tension with you right here in the post and with that PM
Old 01-16-13, 08:46 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:

And last but not least, this is to SAKATAJ. Its no hard feelings. No matter how you may feel towards me, there's no reason to have bitterness towards me. You've came on a bit strong in the past. I ALWAYS understood your point of view, but to a certain extent. That whole "refusal to search" post was inaccurate. I do search allot. More then you think. So please, stop trying to make it seem like I'm this lazy slob that waits for everyone to help him out. I'm not. Personally, if you don't wanna contribute to a thread I may have going on, just ignore me completely. There's other members who are more patient that are willingly able to help. I've always felt this "cyber" friction with you. For what, idk. But honestly you are a smart member. I've read your threads. ABC you've actually been a great deal of help. So thanks for your help and to CL, thank you all

you dont man, thats the problem you seriously dont. i mean look at the post you just made about the ML repair kit. it was listed for you in post # 3 and then you just skip to the end and ask where you can find this. u want/expect to be spoon fed and im not sure if its cause your using a mobile phone to view the site (i will admit using the site on a mobile isnt fun and i hate doing it) or if your just seriously lazy....

i just sent you a PM i would like to post on here to prove my point over and over again but i will play nice and keep it private. i spent the last 30 mins writing this pm (its polite/mature/and work safe lol) so i hope you actually read it.....every word. if its better to wait till you get home and off your android then do it that way but please actually read it. it lays out every issue, you act like i just jumped on here and immediately attacked you but i didnt, i tried at first to help you, several times on several common things and you refused to help yourself. seriously please read the whole PM and hopefully you actually take it to heart. im actually one of the easiest people to get along with, i have met alot of CL members and im a super nice guy i just dont enjoy daily baby sitting people....especially people who attack me for helping them

i really do/did believe in the 2nd gen gs community and im taking this to PM with you so hopefully we can figure out this issue between us and fix it. i would honestly prefer if no one including you responds to this particular post (not the thread....def continue on with the thread, just this post in particular).im sure a handful of fanboys will be wanting to post on this but i really wanna end this tension with you right here in the post and with that PM
Point proved. No problem Sakataj. Problem resolved.

Old 01-17-13, 07:18 AM
Samda515
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply aneidiaz. cause I'm looking to get a new bumper myself! Did LALEX1 gave you a pretty good deal?
Old 01-17-13, 09:32 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Samda515
Thanks for the reply aneidiaz. cause I'm looking to get a new bumper myself! Did LALEX1 gave you a pretty good deal?
Yes he did. He helped me out in almost every way. He communicated with me over every step. Packaged parts meticulously. Was very honest with me. And he gave me the best possible deal on parts. To be honest, if it wasn't for him, my car would still be crashed up. PM him. He might still have some parts to share. I got extra lucky with the millennium silver/1CO parts. My car just so happened to be the same color. It was a 1 in 1000 chance. If you need help with anything regarding bumper removal, fender removal, headlight removal, fog lamp removal, etc. just ask. That's to EVERYBODY. I have no problem posting pics with illustrations drawn up to help make things easier to understand.

Old 01-19-13, 09:26 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Just got my mirror yesterday. And I just finished installing now. Took many pics so I'm making a DIY thread for Specifically: GS430 Passenger Mirror Assembly. But here's the pics of the mirror...
Attached Thumbnails Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-mirror1.jpg   Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...-mirror2.jpg  
Old 01-19-13, 06:11 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 381 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Just got my mirror yesterday. And I just finished installing now. Took many pics so I'm making a DIY thread for Specifically: GS430 Passenger Mirror Assembly. But here's the pics of the mirror...
But...why? I linked you a great DIY. There's no need to add to the clutter.
Old 01-20-13, 05:19 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

But...why? I linked you a great DIY. There's no need to add to the clutter. [/quote]

Its not clutter my friend. Its a perfect a DIY for anyone looking to remove their passenger door mirror. I read other DIYs and I don't fully agree with all of them. Or find it completely useful. I spent time making my DIY and I think its great.

Old 01-20-13, 08:20 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Its not clutter my friend. Its a perfect a DIY for anyone looking to remove their passenger door mirror. I read other DIYs and I don't fully agree with all of them. Or find it completely useful. I spent time making my DIY and I think its great.

sigh,well i tried.... i think parker is right we dont need another DIY as mine is step by step with pictures and posts but knock yourself out with it
Old 01-21-13, 09:16 AM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:

sigh,well i tried.... i think parker is right we dont need another DIY as mine is step by step with pictures and posts but knock yourself out with it
Just criticism. Never get a: good job. Oh man.

Quick Reply: Sad month for me... Please give me suggestions.. DIY's, opinions, advice, etc...