GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Push Start Conversion for our 2GS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-13, 12:18 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8ohate
theres another company that uses the oem lexus button...from advanced keys...here's their site...

http://www.advancedkeys.com/

and the video im assuming the op is talking about..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR-cZqpbFyM
This is pretty damn cool. Added to my mod list!
Old 02-02-13, 02:17 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armanitran
This is pretty damn cool. Added to my mod list!
+1

That's cool as hell...
Old 02-02-13, 03:46 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

man i am feelin that "advanced keys" one. good features and the price is feasible
Old 02-02-13, 10:19 AM
doug118
Rookie

You don't need to leave the key in the ignition. There are very complex keyless entry systems that remove the use of a key all together. The doors unlock as you approach the car and you just use the push button starter while having the key fob in your pocket or where ever you have it. To have that type of system installed is well beyond what 99% of people are willing to pay though
Old 02-02-13, 08:07 PM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

I have a push start button in my Roadster. However, I still have to put the key in, turn it to "ON" and then push the button. It's a bit pointless since I still need the key. (The previous owner installed it.) Then again, it mimics a lot of vintage automobile starting sequences and since my Roadster is built around a vintage theme it suits it.
Old 02-03-13, 12:55 PM
GTE4Life
Rookie

Does anyone k ow if there is a security stem or keyless system that allows yiu to still roll up and down all of the windows remotely. I don't have the button key fob and to replace I need to reflash the ecu so I have thought about just putting all that money towards an aftermarket system. I really like the windows activating remotely though
Old 02-03-13, 01:22 PM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GTE4Life
Does anyone k ow if there is a security stem or keyless system that allows yiu to still roll up and down all of the windows remotely. I don't have the button key fob and to replace I need to reflash the ecu so I have thought about just putting all that money towards an aftermarket system. I really like the windows activating remotely though
I believe Albert's IS300 (LTUNEDX) video demo of the advanced keys remote start states that the card fob allows you to automatically row up and down the windows, but I'm not 100% sure. Will rewatch the video right now.
Old 02-03-13, 01:30 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

The thing that sucks about this system, is that you can't ever forget the transponder... Note; 'self locking' doors once you hop out.

With your OEM key, you can unlock the car, leave it on the seat and it won't lock on you....
Old 02-03-13, 01:31 PM
armanitran
Lead Lap

eeh, not entirely sure. Can't find it
Old 02-03-13, 01:33 PM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
The thing that sucks about this system, is that you can't ever forget the transponder... Note; 'self locking' doors once you hop out.

With your OEM key, you can unlock the car, leave it on the seat and it won't lock on you....
but it has the RIFD Card (typically stuck in your wallet) and I would keep the transponder in my pocket right after opening the car anyways
Old 02-03-13, 03:21 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

Ohhh trust me... When I had my 3GS, I normally always had it clipped to my belt loop or in my backpack but every once in a while, I would accidentally leave it in the car or close the trunk on it.
Old 02-03-13, 06:42 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 178 Likes on 149 Posts

Does anyone know around how much it should cost to get the advanced keys one installed on a 2001 GS430?
Old 02-03-13, 08:13 PM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DMPesso
Does anyone know around how much it should cost to get the advanced keys one installed on a 2001 GS430?
hmm. I would expect it to be the same price as any other alarm system, but you have to think about taking out the key area, drilling a hole to install the push to start, and taking out the steering wheel lock/motor so it won't lock on you. I would like to know this too if it's any extra additional cost! (I`m sure each place is different as well)
Old 02-03-13, 09:06 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

but it has the RIFD Card (typically stuck in your wallet) and I would keep the transponder in my pocket right after opening the car anyways
That's what I'm aware of and all, but the one used in the video is a thick looking remote... definitely not Lexus SmartKey sized which is fairly close to a Credit card

hmm. I would expect it to be the same price as any other alarm system, but you have to think about taking out the key area, drilling a hole to install the push to start, and taking out the steering wheel lock/motor so it won't lock on you. I would like to know this too if it's any extra additional cost! (I`m sure each place is different as well)
I doubt its that much work. I've stripped a couple of GS' myself and the entire steering shaft isn't that hard. If I recall, the key cylinder is attached with one 10mm bolts on the overall assy. Fairly easy to access as well. Lock motor shouldn't have to be removed.
Old 02-03-13, 10:15 PM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
That's what I'm aware of and all, but the one used in the video is a thick looking remote... definitely not Lexus SmartKey sized which is fairly close to a Credit card

I doubt its that much work. I've stripped a couple of GS' myself and the entire steering shaft isn't that hard. If I recall, the key cylinder is attached with one 10mm bolts on the overall assy. Fairly easy to access as well. Lock motor shouldn't have to be removed.
really? Doesn't the lock motor have to be taken out since the key cylinder is going to be removed? The steering wheel will still get into lock and without a key cylinder, you can't unlock the wheel. no?

Quick Reply: Push Start Conversion for our 2GS?