GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anybody else as excited as i am for the varrstoen es6's to come out!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-13, 12:41 PM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sakataj
thanks for allowing me to think whatever i want, im glad you let me
let me put it in a simpler term.... i will never,never,never support people "stealing" people's designs.for example, the ebay TTE lip is shameful to me, they helped ruin the need for TTE in america. the rota killed the REAL SW88 back in the day.

you go start a company and produce a quality part.....have a prosperous few years, i will come by in a couple years and make a inferior part designed exactly after your product for a 3rd of the price and ruin you and see how happy you are after that.
I wasn't giving you permission. I was being polite and attempting to keep this conversation civil instead of derailing into snide remarks and sarcastic comebacks.

I do own a company that provides a product/service to my clients. And there are plenty of people who offer similar but inferior products and services for 1/10 the cost. If you'd like in on that game I say go for it. There's a lot of competition at that lower level, though.

I also have a side gig hand-making dress-up accessories for Miatas. I've had companies directly steal my designs and offer them for 1/4 of what I sell them for. Guess what...it only made my business stronger...because it created awareness of "the real thing" in circles where I never would have thought to advertise. So people were hearing about me all over the place and I got more orders than I could handle. I've had to recently take the items down off my website because I can't keep up with the orders.

Knockoffs aren't always a bad thing for business. But they're not for everybody.

BTW - the Spoon SW88 was a licensed copy of the Desmond Regamaster Evo. It was not an original wheel.

Last edited by mk2tmr2; 02-19-13 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-19-13, 12:50 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I thought the whole reason the TTE replica came about is because TTE stopped importing to USA. There was no TTE lip for sale on the market for like 2 years or so, and some people tried to convince TTE Eurpoe to start shipping again but they didn't. Eventually the knockoffs came out to satiate that demand. But there was a solid 2 year gap in there. I run the replica lip on mine for the sole fact that I can't buy the real one lol. The price difference was only like $100 for the real one. So really no reason not to by the genuine one. Also, it was made of TPO instead of PUR. It would make permanent bonding welding/fusing much easier.
Old 02-19-13, 05:04 PM
channak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fake, original who cares i've seen people who has replica wheels looks way better than that eurolines over and over on every car shows.
Old 02-19-13, 05:25 PM
1luvGS3
Driver School Candidate

So back to the real reason this thread was started .....
Anybody hear anything on when these es6's are gonna drop!?
and any idea if they will clear ls400 brakes?
Thanks
Old 02-20-13, 03:29 AM
Lexusfam
Pole Position

wow, this thread got off topic real quick
Old 02-20-13, 10:44 AM
VarrsToen
Former Sponsor

Wow this thread went crazy.

We're looking at about late spring for these to be released. We will be releasing 19" fitments similar to our current wheels (9.5/11) and yes, they will have a center cap
Old 02-20-13, 10:58 AM
solowlex
Pole Position

Im sorry but all you lexus guys talked me into not buying reps haha....sorry varrstoen!!!
im going to purchase my first set of volks tomorrow.
Old 02-20-13, 11:05 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mk2tmr2
I wasn't giving you permission. I was being polite and attempting to keep this conversation civil instead of derailing into snide remarks and sarcastic comebacks
i know you were, i was being sarcastic to show i was playing along
Old 02-20-13, 01:33 PM
Meverett
Driver School Candidate

those look sick
Old 02-21-13, 11:59 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

I'm not a fan of replica wheels but Meisters are very expensive. I wouldn't mind having a set of these once I get a new daily driver.

Will they only come in black with polished lip or can you get other colors as well?
Old 02-21-13, 12:58 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And since I'm on a roll...what wheel is Varrstoen really knocking off? The Work Meister S1 or the SSR Professor SP1?

Its obvious, they are knocking off the Work...the SSR only has 5 bolts per gap showing....

you may continue with your support....just wanted to point out the obvious. And on the other work eurolines wheels vs ssr, count the bolts exposed. The oz vs racing hart, check the center caps and lack of... simular design is different than a blatant knock off
Old 02-21-13, 01:38 PM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Its obvious, they are knocking off the Work...the SSR only has 5 bolts per gap showing....

you may continue with your support....just wanted to point out the obvious. And on the other work eurolines wheels vs ssr, count the bolts exposed. The oz vs racing hart, check the center caps and lack of... simular design is different than a blatant knock off
(I realize there are very subtle differences in the comparisons above. Just as there are subtle differences between Rota and the wheels they are similar to.)
My post had a disclaimer that accounted for the subtle differences.
Old 02-21-13, 03:42 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my fail moment...carry on
Old 02-21-13, 07:28 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ugh, how I grow so tired of these kind of threads.

A lot of people are arguing the fact real vs fake in terms of quality and everyone has a point to a certain degree. Regardless of the brand of wheel they are ALL seceptable to bending/cracking with enough pressure. But even with that being said, quality still does count and forged wheels will most likely need to take more abuse before getting to that point. Others might just buy them for the weight factor.

But I really don't think this is really what it's all about. The main fact is that it is STEALING and that's all there is to it. It's profiting from other peoples hard work. There is a big difference between making a similar wheel and an EXACT copy. EVERY Varrstoen wheel is a knock off of famous wheels we all know and love. Which is the same reason that Rota can suck a fat one too. This is the ONLY reason these brands have any recognition at all.

I don't really care about the fact they are fake or real multi-piece wheels. Take for example Vossen wheels. They have a wide range of wheels that look multi-piece with the fake bolts and all, but at least they make their own designs which are stylish and up to date. Everyone knows Vossen is popular because they market their s#!t everywhere you look. But little douche companies like Varrstoen who have no creativity don't want to risk making their own designs and molds and be a total failure or huge success. No, they would rather just steal their designs and make money off of it.

In conclusion if you can only make it in this industry by stealing other peoples work then you don't belong in this industry.

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 03-04-13 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-21-13, 11:11 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
my fail moment...carry on
i knew if i was here long enough i would see it

Quick Reply: Anybody else as excited as i am for the varrstoen es6's to come out!?!?!