GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Wrong Replacement GS430 Windshield Says Toyota Not Lexus On It. Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-02 | 10:50 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Originally posted by INHOCJP
You don't think a Lexus owner expects more?
Of course they do. That was the whole point behind my post. That is also why I said "If you want the windshield to say 'I'm SPECIAL' then they should do it.

Not to belabor the point, but I think how much a consumer pays does reflect on the JD Power result. Lexus (not Toyota), Infiniti (not Nissan), Acura (not Honda), and Jaguar (not Ford) all place high on the satisfaction surveys.
By this logic, since all these owners paid more for their cars, they place higher in satisfaction? I would think that the less you pay the more you are. Also, by the same logic, a JD power survey would make no sense as it would probably place the ferrari's and other exotics at the top since their owners pay the most. That is not the case here. By acura being higher than honda, jaguar being higher than ford, and infinity being higher than nissan, simply shows that all respective companies place higher empahsis of reliability/costumer satisfaction on their luxury/ top of the line divisions.

Last edited by Mariusz; 12-20-02 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-21-02 | 01:40 AM
ceoart
Pole Position

Cool

The Regional Rep for Lexus is now trying to find me a Windshield in one of their Warehouses with the Lexus Logo on it. Apparently in the Florida Warehouse all they have is the Toyota Logo on the Windshield.
Old 12-21-02 | 02:00 AM
GS4Me
Rookie

Just got my 98 GS windshield replaced today and it now says Lexus instead of Toyota. There was no problem getting it. It seems that your dealer has an overstock of the Toyota windshields.
Old 12-21-02 | 06:28 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Mariusz
That was the whole point behind my post. That is also why I said "If you want the windshield to say 'I'm SPECIAL' then they should do it.
Gotcha, I see your point.

Originally posted by Mariusz By this logic, since all these owners paid more for their cars, they place higher in satisfaction? I would think that the less you pay the more you are. Also, by the same logic, a JD power survey would make no sense as it would probably place the ferrari's and other exotics at the top since their owners pay the most. That is not the case here. By acura being higher than honda, jaguar being higher than ford, and infinity being higher than nissan, simply shows that all respective companies place higher empahsis of reliability/costumer satisfaction on their luxury/ top of the line divisions.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying All I meant was that b/c we pay more for a luxury brand, we expect more, and thus the company has to live up to a higher standard.

Last edited by INHOCJP; 12-21-02 at 06:30 AM.