GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

No Heat, Heater blowing but no heating coming out - help its cold

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-13, 08:25 AM
halac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Heat, Heater blowing but no heating coming out - help its cold

On my 2000 GS300 (dual control) I can't get any heat coming out. The blower works and all the functions seem to work, but all I get is cold air. The AC works fine.

I've disabled the battery and reconnected to cycle the control system, but help.
I do feel the hoses coming into the firewall from the engine compartment and both are hot.
I ran the temp control check by holding the auto and temp buttons. Get 24, 31, 41.

Need Help. What can a novice with limited tech skills do? Would this be a servo? Is there one servo that opens the temp Mix for both sides and if so, where is it?

Shop claims they need to pull dash out at super expensive rate. I read that flushing might solve problem - can I do this by sticking a garden hose into the firewall inlet to the heater to see if there is anything clogged?

Can someone give me some steps to take that I can try out. I'm new to the forum. Thanks all in advance.
Old 02-15-13, 12:15 PM
acl99
Rookie

I hope you find something because mine is doing the exact same thing except one side blows cold and the other hot.
Old 02-15-13, 12:37 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I hope u guys arent serious, i guess u never used the SEARCH BUTTON!!!!!????? Dont just make an account real quick and throw up a beat to death topic which is a diy on this remind you, because u didnt search....NOONE is gonna respond to this
Old 02-15-13, 01:18 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by FlockoGS4
I hope u guys arent serious, i guess u never used the SEARCH BUTTON!!!!!????? Dont just make an account real quick and throw up a beat to death topic which is a diy on this remind you, because u didnt search....NOONE is gonna respond to this
its funny coming from you cause u do the same thing.....its like the expression "look at the kettle calling the pot black"

i guess i will be nice to you guys

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...vo-motors.html

but please search or check our stickies before making any new posts as its 99.9% been covered
Old 02-15-13, 01:22 PM
wbmx1981
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

**big yawn**
Old 02-15-13, 02:00 PM
halac
Driver School Candidate

Guys, I have searched and the link you are providing is to change out the servo which I did read up on before my post. However, I am not getting any heat from either side, so I don't believe its the servo, unless there is one servo that controls both passenger and driver sides? Is this the case?

I have researched this extensively and have read that flushing coolant is sometimes a solution.

Can someone walk us through what steps should be taken to identify what the problem is. In my case, can it be the servo if I am not getting any heat whatsoever?
Old 02-15-13, 02:20 PM
ivnnln
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by halac
Guys, I have searched and the link you are providing is to change out the servo which I did read up on before my post. However, I am not getting any heat from either side, so I don't believe its the servo, unless there is one servo that controls both passenger and driver sides? Is this the case?

I have researched this extensively and have read that flushing coolant is sometimes a solution.

Can someone walk us through what steps should be taken to identify what the problem is. In my case, can it be the servo if I am not getting any heat whatsoever?
I had the same thing on my GS400, and I ended up changing the air mixture servo. But you can do the least expensive route by flushing the radiator with the garden hose, and if ti won't work. Then take glove compartment apart and look if the air mixture servo arms move when you adjust the temp up/down (the air mixture servo is setting in front of the mode servo at least on my GS400). Not difficult to remove it. Good luck.
Old 02-15-13, 02:59 PM
kamikaze04
Driver

The first thing that you should do or have done is to check your coolant. If your coolant is low, then you are not going to get any heat. I hope that was the 1st thing you have done because if not then you could have over heated. Second, check your resistor and your fuses. If those are not the issue, then maybe it’s your servo motor. Not quite sure. But search around or take it your local mechanic shop to get that issue diagnose. Hopefully it’s a simple fix
Old 02-15-13, 03:30 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by halac

Can someone walk us through what steps should be taken to identify what the problem is. In my case, can it be the servo if I am not getting any heat whatsoever?[

Originally Posted by ivnnln
I had the same thing on my GS400, and I ended up changing the air mixture servo. But you can do the least expensive route by flushing the radiator with the garden hose, and if ti won't work. Then take glove compartment apart and look if the air mixture servo arms move when you adjust the temp up/down (the air mixture servo is setting in front of the mode servo at least on my GS400). Not difficult to remove it. Good luck.
there are 2 separate air servos for temp....one on each side (you do know its possible (but unlikely) both sides are bad. any noises from the servos at all?

per your PM if both sides of the lines are warm why would flushing the coolant change anything? i mean its worth a try but if your gonna do that, change the thermostat also

Originally Posted by kamikaze04
The first thing that you should do or have done is to check your coolant. If your coolant is low, then you are not going to get any heat. I hope that was the 1st thing you have done because if not then you could have over heated. Second, check your resistor and your fuses. If those are not the issue, then maybe it’s your servo motor. Not quite sure. But search around or take it your local mechanic shop to get that issue diagnose. Hopefully it’s a simple fix
i told him to check his coolant in the pm he sent me and to change his thermostat. he said his coolant was fine since both sides of his lines are warm.