GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

So Im programming this remote right?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-13, 12:35 PM
McHeiSty
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Im programming this remote right?

Hey everyone, new to these forums. Hope you're all doing well.

So anyways, I have a question. Yesterday, I replaced the master door lock switch, the one with all 4 window controls on my 1998 GS400, and afterwards, the remote on the key no longer unlocks and locks the doors, I have to manually open the door.

I did the programming procedure, 1)Lock all doors, unlock driver's door, insert key in ignition, lock/unlock 5 times, open close driver door, lock/unlock 5 times, ignition on/ignition off, press and hold lock and unlock together for 1-2 seconds, press lock for less than 1 second, the doors cycle once with a an unlock/lock.

So far so good... But now when I close the door to complete the programming, the remote doesnt work... It seems like the computer wont remember the programming, I mean, it detects the remote and I get a "programming passed" signal with a single cycle, but for some reason, it wont remember it.

If it matters, I also replaced all 4 door lock actuator motors following the DIY instructions, and they all work now.

Im taking it to Lexus to reprogram it tomorrow, does anyone know whats wrong?
Old 04-15-13, 11:20 PM
McHeiSty
5th Gear

Hmmmm... Maybe when I took out the driver door handle I unplugged something and frogot to plug it back? Is there a plug on the driver's door handle?

Anyone know?

I had to take it out when replacing the door lock actuator.

/Edit/ Come to think of it, when removing the door handle, I heard some buzzing noise coming from the front passenger side area and the windows were moving on their own... Maybe I unplugged the key cylinder mechanism or something?

I forgot to mention, the alarm sounds if I try to open the door from the driver's side... The door doesnt unlock, and to turn it off, you have to unlock it from the passenger door. The car starts normally though.

Last edited by McHeiSty; 04-15-13 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-11-13, 11:56 AM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

can you only program a 2nd key using this method? If you only have one unprogrammed key and you want to program it can this method be used?
Old 07-15-13, 10:33 AM
McHeiSty
5th Gear

No, unfortunately you cannot. You need the master key to program any other keys.

In my case, I know its like a year later or whatever, but it wasnt even the key that was bad. After changing out the door lock actuator motors, I had accidentally left the moving arm outside of where it was supposed to be... So it wasnt even a programming problem.
Old 07-15-13, 05:27 PM
sLOWaristo
Pole Position

living in vegas in this extreme heat i've found my door locks act a little funny. when i try to use my key remote to unlock or lock on a really hot day it sometimes does not respond until im literally in front of the door. also it does not beep when locking or unlocking, also my hazards dont flash like they usually do to indicate it did in fact lock or unlock. I am only assuming that this intense heat is playing some part in this because i only encountered it starting this summer(1st summer w/ car), I know this isnt a major deal but i get paranoid when leaving my car because it also locks by itself almost as if its delayed from me pressing the button and im scared its unlocking as i walk away.Can anyone confirm if this is the reason, and if so is there any resolution to the issue?