GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Totaled gs430... Who has bought back their totaled car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-13, 07:35 PM
gsjerk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totaled gs430... Who has bought back their totaled car?

Well I hate that my baby is gone... I had the bc coils on for a week or so and it was amazing. Sadly, some a hole was texting and rear ended my Lexi

My question is, who has bought back their totaled gs? And for how much?

Preferably 01 gs430 guys, but lets hear from everybody.

No worries, I'm on the hunt for another black on black gs and may already have one sourced. I'm going to miss that car though, she was incredible and a great upgrade from my old h22 powered accord. I'll be back!
Old 04-28-13, 07:40 PM
gsjerk
Rookie

I ask this because I am wondering about how much they will ask for it. I have enough parts on it to make it worth it...plus it was really clean and I can't let her go with all of that good stuff!
Old 04-28-13, 08:28 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Prolly a few G's but if there's frame damage forget about it! Just get another gs430!
Old 04-28-13, 08:31 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by gsjerk
No worries, I'm on the hunt for another black on black gs and may already have one sourced.
my 2001 gs430 will be on the market within the month, if interested
Old 04-28-13, 08:38 PM
gsjerk
Rookie

I'm not trying to rebuild, I just wanna strip all the goods off of it and send it to the yard as a shell.
Sakatj- prolly to rich for my blood! I'm thinking about going LS while I have the chance... But they're still BANK.
Old 04-29-13, 05:13 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

strip your parts off of it....NOW!! That's what I did with my old q45 after it was totaled. I took my radio, upgraded door speakers, LED lights...everything I felt was important before they came and picked it up. If you don't, they will sell it to a junk yard and someone like Aiga will be selling YOUR parts on here lol.
Old 04-29-13, 06:16 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Remember that insurance co will charge you for any parts that are removed and not replaced. For example, if they cut you a $10,000 check. Then you remove the aftermarket headunit, and do not put the original stock one back in there. The insurance co will deduct the original retail value for the stock headunit. So there's minus $800.

Another example. They will charge you if you take off the exhaust system, and then just leave the exhaust hanging open. Stock exhaust system is not cheap from Lexus. It's like $1500 or more.

So basically whatever parts you remove, you MUST replace with stock stuff or else they will charge you for it. If it's something obvious like the radio then I would recommend you put those back in. Even if you no longer have the stock radio, put in a cheap $50 radio off of craigslist or something unless you want to get charged. If it's something hidden or small like lights, speakers, little accessories, then it's probably fine and they won't notice. Just remember anything big or noticeable must be replaced with something. Doesn't matter what, just something has to go back in it's place. Good luck in everything!
Old 04-29-13, 06:41 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

good point jeff. trust me i know at first it didnt make sense to me either why they would do that but no it makes sense.
Old 04-29-13, 08:42 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Remember that insurance co will charge you for any parts that are removed and not replaced. For example, if they cut you a $10,000 check. Then you remove the aftermarket headunit, and do not put the original stock one back in there. The insurance co will deduct the original retail value for the stock headunit. So there's minus $800.

Another example. They will charge you if you take off the exhaust system, and then just leave the exhaust hanging open. Stock exhaust system is not cheap from Lexus. It's like $1500 or more.

So basically whatever parts you remove, you MUST replace with stock stuff or else they will charge you for it. If it's something obvious like the radio then I would recommend you put those back in. Even if you no longer have the stock radio, put in a cheap $50 radio off of craigslist or something unless you want to get charged. If it's something hidden or small like lights, speakers, little accessories, then it's probably fine and they won't notice. Just remember anything big or noticeable must be replaced with something. Doesn't matter what, just something has to go back in it's place. Good luck in everything!
Very true, I will say that I did put back my stock radio. No way I was going to let them keep my double din tv. Now as far as lights and speakers, no bueno. I didn't replace it at all.
Old 04-29-13, 09:22 AM
mrcrx28
Driver

My 98 GS3 was claimed totalled when someone cut me off from the front. I purchased the car back for $600. They gave me the choice of surrendering the title for $8,000 or purchase car back and they cut the check for $7,400. So obviously, I purchased car back since damage wasn't that bad. I bought all the parts from RockAuto and redid my front end.