GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

My Girlfriend's Review of my 2GS - Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-13, 10:15 PM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Why are people getting butthurt so bad about a joke? It was a funny video.
Old 05-01-13, 10:59 PM
5ltrbeater
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe i misinterpreted the video but it seemed to me that the girl was being pretty serious in a non-offensive way. i dont recall her saying she was just kidding? im assuming everyone that watched the video took her in a serious way to? maybe im wrong.
Old 05-02-13, 06:37 AM
MoncefGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mk2tmr2
Wow. Why are people getting butthurt so bad about a joke? It was a funny video.
Exactly, its all in good fun, people have different tastes and sometimes there is entertainment value in that.
Old 05-02-13, 07:56 AM
repugnante
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPDreamin
And she'd be walking home. Need to get a handle on your broad son...
+1. What he said....
Old 05-02-13, 11:47 AM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

it was just a video to make you smile from MoncefGS. You guys are too critical. It's not like the owner of the 2GS was saying that. Lord knows all my exes would curb my rims, rip off my front lips, and always say they dont want to even drive my cars because they were too low. At least she made the video with her man. Not like she was the "Stig" driving on an episode of Top Gear.
Old 05-02-13, 01:28 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MoncefGS
Exactly, its all in good fun, people have different tastes and sometimes there is entertainment value in that.
I understand and know it was a Joke but like you said, people have different taste, but from most of responses on here, I feel your video is done in Poor Taste and not befitting of this great community.. It a Joke,, We know, we know.. but putting yourself down in the process of a Joke and if that is funny to you then you are in a minority.. Honestly, I got a good laugh out of the video but what she said made me laugh the most cuz she either have no idea about what a GS is or she's just clueless to say such things, I usually won't waste my time commenting on this thread, but I found this Video to be Funny because I like laughing at people that don't know anything and like to hear what they "think" they know.. NO Harm, NO Foul.. Just Poor Tastes.. LOL
Old 05-02-13, 01:42 PM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 224 Likes on 156 Posts

Interesting.

Last edited by GrandSedanFan; 09-25-24 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-02-13, 01:42 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

guys, it's ok to have a difference in opinion. but leave the personal comments out, or this thread may get locked faster than you can say "the funny"
Old 05-02-13, 02:37 PM
G4lexboi
Pole Position

Mayb you should drive it like a man should, then see what she says.
Old 05-02-13, 05:38 PM
rena
Driver

Default Sad

Im assuming she drives a kia.
Love my car and this is why I'm a tomboy. Some broads just don't get the value of a car.
Old 05-03-13, 06:12 AM
MoncefGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rena
Im assuming she drives a kia.
Love my car and this is why I'm a tomboy. Some broads just don't get the value of a car.
Wrong. This is hers.

Originally Posted by panyo64

Also, I love how the tongue-in-cheek comments about a 15 year old, $9,000 dollar car get people all riled up, but everyone's willing to give the domestic violence joke a pass.
Cheers to you good sir.
Old 05-03-13, 07:01 AM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by panyo64
This is the worst thread ever.

Also, I love how the tongue-in-cheek comments about a 15 year old, $9,000 dollar car get people all riled up, but everyone's willing to give the domestic violence joke a pass.
You win this thread.

My main automotive energy gets spent on my Miata and in the Miata community. If anyone has anything to prove - it's a Miata owner. If any car enthusiast has a right to feel insecure, it's the one with tens of thousands of dollars invested in modifying a Miata. Yet, in that community, everyone always jokes about their "girly" cars and how all of us enthusiasts love being in the presence of other men a little bit too much. Why? Because we know that a Miata is the ultimate sports car and anyone who thinks differently is missing out. No ****s given.

Why is it that so many GS owners in this thread are acting like there is a chip on their shoulder? What could a big body Lexus owner possibly have to prove? Why so insecure?

Hell...it's a video of a hot girl driving a GS. Just click "mute" and enjoy.
Old 05-03-13, 08:54 PM
5ltrbeater
Driver

Originally Posted by mk2tmr2

Why is it that so many GS owners in this thread are acting like there is a chip on their shoulder? What could a big body Lexus owner possibly have to prove? Why so insecure?

i guess most people figure that if you're gonna put down a Lexus, they'd expect that person to own a vehicle with a three pointed star on their hood or a Bavarian emblem on their trunk and not a little nissan.
but i guess you're right, maybe some of us took offense to that without realizing its a joke.
Old 05-04-13, 01:32 AM
Oliveoil
Driver School Candidate

Dude your seatbelt !!!!

Other wise very nice car. And a very nice girlfriend ^_^
Old 05-04-13, 01:41 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

It makes sense that she would think a gs400 is slow compared to a 350z that is manual. Lexus isn't known to be fast car they are luxury cars.

Quick Reply: My Girlfriend's Review of my 2GS - Video