GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I have a few questions about my 02 gs300 sport design

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-13, 01:11 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TI II
Your wheel is out of an es350 or sc430. The 02 sportdesign never came with a wood wheel.

Thanks for the useful reply that helps a bit now I have another direction to search in.

The lack of "M" on the shifter gate trim mad me wonder in great depth why on earth there was not one in my car not that I really care that much but thought it was odd.
Old 06-10-13, 01:11 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

my 02 SD has manual buttons on it
Old 06-10-13, 01:25 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
He will still find a way to tell you that we are still wrong. He asked the question first, we told him the correct answer, he then replies with we are wrong and...here is "proof" of the pictures and we are 95% wrong lol. The picture only PROVES that the steering wheel was replaced and his gear cluster has been replaced with one that came out of a 430! Heck even the shift **** isn't the true OEM ****.

But hey, if the OP wants to believe that he is the ONLY person with a SD WITHOUT e-shift, even thought it CLEARLY shows that it has the manual option by looking at the odometer cluster and it's a well known fact that may GS members switch out the eshift, just to have wood wheel, then let him be. He is another know it all who post typical smart remarks when someone is trying to give him facts. Maybe he is used to being spoon fed, but we typically don't spoon feed anyone on this side...this the reason this thread has no useful links.

Also OP, if you want to know about common things/problems about our car, take the time to read all of the sticky's on this page and suspension page. There is a link that says Noobs, click here or something like that. But since you said that you have been searching for over a month, I'm sure that YOU already saw this...

BTW...yes, I am better than you, I'm quite sure of this. Since you want me to be an a$$, I'll be one.

If you read my 1st post you would see where I said I searched for a month which included all of the gs diy sticky posts and to no real avl which if you saw my post on the zero point calibration then you would see why I say it will not work in my 02 in which I provide links to show 1st hand so try being a little nicer to people because you get further in life with sugar than salt.

You spent all of this time and energy trying to break down my post when you could have just let your obvious vast and superior knowledge of all things gs related speak for them selves by posting a link or a pic as I have done in other threads as well as this one.

I am glad I am not a jerk to people asking legit questions in life maybe that is why my friends like me and value my friend ship as I do not try to belittle them or knock them down when they talk or even think out loud ... Try it as I promise it will actually make you feel better about your self even more than you already do
Old 06-10-13, 01:26 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Someone went thru great lengths to change out the Gate Shifter along with the non e-shift buttons wheel, so if you accidentally bump the gear from "D" to 4, you won't notice you suppose to be in "M" with no shift buttons..

I have GS400 with E-shift and my gate shifter says M on it, I also have a GS430 with no E-shift and it says "4" where M would be on an E-shift model.

Like i said, someone wanted a Wood wheel so bad they convert your SD to wood wheel and a GS430 Gate shifter.
Old 06-10-13, 01:49 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by xspsi6
If you read my 1st post you would see where I said I searched for a month which included all of the gs diy sticky posts and to no real avl which if you saw my post on the zero point calibration then you would see why I say it will not work in my 02 in which I provide links to show 1st hand so try being a little nicer to people because you get further in life with sugar than salt.

You spent all of this time and energy trying to break down my post when you could have just let your obvious vast and superior knowledge of all things gs related speak for them selves by posting a link or a pic as I have done in other threads as well as this one.

I am glad I am not a jerk to people asking legit questions in life maybe that is why my friends like me and value my friend ship as I do not try to belittle them or knock them down when they talk or even think out loud ... Try it as I promise it will actually make you feel better about your self even more than you already do
Dude, my first initial was not meant in a harmful way, but you took it as that and then attacked me with your response. I then said to calm down, I was just telling you the ways of this side of the world and then you attacked me again calling me a know it all and all other BS....so yes, I did take the time to respond because and the end the day, you call me 95% wrong when you ended up being 100% wrong. Everyone including myself told you that the wheel was replaced, but you still wouldn't listen and provided "proof" that further proved what we were all saying initally. You throw the first two punches then become sensitive when someone calls you out??

Your ML radio answer is located in the sticky's above along with common problems for the GS. Sorry I'm not going to spoon feed you links. I also did a google search with your ML question and 8 links came up, all which I will not post because you can easily do the search yourself. Happy searching!

BTW, I've provided multiple links to multiple people who have asked questions in the past, but Im not going to post a link when your answer is listed in the sticky. Go to the dealer concerning your calibration issues. This is my last response. I'm out of my element because I don't get into "pissing matches" on line. I feel only losers do this and I'm upset that I let myself get to this point.

@ 1swkgs4, this is exactly what was done. I mentioned this earlier.
Old 06-10-13, 01:59 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

wait so my SD didn't come with badges, does that mean its not a SD?
Old 06-10-13, 02:53 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Not every person searches in the same way so if we both search the same subject we will both get results that may not mirror each other.

I said I was new to the gs so not asking to spoon feed me just a point in the right direction would be nice is all I am saying.
Old 06-10-13, 02:56 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Someone went thru great lengths to change out the Gate Shifter along with the non e-shift buttons wheel, so if you accidentally bump the gear from "D" to 4, you won't notice you suppose to be in "M" with no shift buttons..

I have GS400 with E-shift and my gate shifter says M on it, I also have a GS430 with no E-shift and it says "4" where M would be on an E-shift model.

Like i said, someone wanted a Wood wheel so bad they convert your SD to wood wheel and a GS430 Gate shifter.
Thank you that was also helpful and sheds some light on it and you can see how I thought it was factory as it looked like it was, I simply do not know the ins and outs of the gs platform like I do the supra and sc yet
Old 06-10-13, 03:15 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 383 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by TI II
Your wheel is out of an es350 or sc430. The 02 sportdesign never came with a wood wheel.
Just to clarify and to put this debate to bed, that steering wheel is straight out of a 2004 ES330 SportDesign. The 2002-2004 ES has the only 3-spoke wood wheel that didn't come with "hand grips" in the wood at 10 and 2.
Old 06-10-13, 03:21 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Not to dump fuel on the fire but I am back to searching this and found this one on e-bay that appears to be the same as mine from a sd as well now I am really confused

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-GS300-...1c9525&vxp=mtr

Last edited by xspsi6; 06-10-13 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-10-13, 03:24 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Not to dump fuel on the fire but I am back to searching this and found this one on e-bay that appears to be the same as mine from a sd as well now I am really confused
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-GS300-...1c9525&vxp=mtr
Don't believe everything you see on eBay.

This is also a 2004 ES330 SportDesign steering wheel.
Old 06-10-13, 03:27 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Haha Got it! That is the same as mine minus the buttons on the left side.
Old 06-10-13, 03:30 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

You are indeed 100% correct as it says in the description that it's an upgrade for the 2gs and that the tiptronic will no longer work which makes me wonder what steering wheel it had from the factory?
Old 06-10-13, 03:34 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

You are indeed 100% correct as it says in the description that it's an upgrade for the 2gs and that the tiptronic will no longer work which makes me wonder what steering wheel it had from the factory?
This is the exact steering wheel you used to have:

Old 06-10-13, 03:48 PM
cmara2k9
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GokuSSJ3 and OP need to kiss and makeup.........Life is too short, I don't want to see you two end up like Biggie & Pac

Quick Reply: I have a few questions about my 02 gs300 sport design