GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Car Broken into! Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-03, 05:08 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of the insurance company in NJ, what are you guys using? my current one is expiring in Feb so I want to look around the best deal.
gs2fst4u, sorry to what happened to your car.
did you report to police?
Old 01-05-03, 05:32 PM
tommie
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's messed up the same thing happened to me at my job
they broke my doorhandle and lock so I had to buy another one
then the bodyshop who installed it charged me labor to paint it
when I know they did not paint it's just the haters mad cause they cant ride in style like you so they try to get back at you by stealing your car but what you and the rest of the CL members should do is besides the aftermarket alarms is to buy the auto-
lock this thing really works and it comes with the steering wheel cover also
which is a major deterrent.....
Old 01-05-03, 07:30 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by tommie
That's messed up the same thing happened to me at my job
they broke my doorhandle and lock so I had to buy another one
then the bodyshop who installed it charged me labor to paint it
when I know they did not paint it's just the haters mad cause they cant ride in style like you so they try to get back at you by stealing your car but what you and the rest of the CL members should do is besides the aftermarket alarms is to buy the auto-
lock this thing really works and it comes with the steering wheel cover also
which is a major deterrent.....
The door handle come prepainted...i would ask for money back for labor charge relating to painting..

As for the the steering wheel cover...that's not gonna stop anyone...if they really want the car....they'll flat bed it away...
Nothing you can really do but watch car like a HAWK.
Old 01-05-03, 11:04 PM
tommie
Driver

Yeah I understand that. but my personal opinion is that if these creeps who are trying to steal our precious cars are the A-team
the professional car theives. then they would have stolen the car
the first time they tried I think it's some inexpierenced jerks who
probably need the car so they can sell it to buy a spaceship wing for their 89 honda civc with the mix match rims and the primer paint job
Old 01-06-03, 12:22 AM
ThemisN
Pole Position

Originally posted by tommie
Yeah I understand that. but my personal opinion is that if these creeps who are trying to steal our precious cars are the A-team
the professional car theives. then they would have stolen the car
the first time they tried I think it's some inexpierenced jerks who
probably need the car so they can sell it to buy a spaceship wing for their 89 honda civc with the mix match rims and the primer paint job
I dont know about that. It is always easier to dump a car of this stature with a clean ignition. You screw with that, the guy is gonna cut u on the price. So what these guys do..and they do it often enough to strike gold...is they break in...look for a valet key and get out. Sometimes they grab some quick things in the process too, but their purpose was to find the valet key for a cleaner car to sell.. Fixing the doorhandle is easy...fixing the ignition is a dif story.
Old 01-06-03, 02:09 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damage due to theft of vandalism (no fault of yours) falls under comprehensive and will not jack up your rate and they cannot drop you.

If you get into an accident and its your fault, than you will pay for the deductible, plus premium increases in your insurance provider as you will be dropped a Tier Level.
Old 01-06-03, 05:20 PM
gs2fst4u
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by DrewGS4
Damage due to theft of vandalism (no fault of yours) falls under comprehensive and will not jack up your rate and they cannot drop you.

If you get into an accident and its your fault, than you will pay for the deductible, plus premium increases in your insurance provider as you will be dropped a Tier Level.
My last company, Allstate, dropped me after I reported a $3000 vandalism claim when someone keyed my bimmer. Insurance premiums just increased in NY which is why I'm afraid of reporting it. Dealer quoted me 450 to fix each door. When the parts only cost less than 400 for both doors. I think I'm going to buy the parts and have a different key to open the door. I always use the remote anyways so I think it wont be to bad.
Old 01-06-03, 06:15 PM
ThemisN
Pole Position

Originally posted by gs2fst4u

My last company, Allstate, dropped me after I reported a $3000 vandalism claim when someone keyed my bimmer. Insurance premiums just increased in NY which is why I'm afraid of reporting it. Dealer quoted me 450 to fix each door. When the parts only cost less than 400 for both doors. I think I'm going to buy the parts and have a different key to open the door. I always use the remote anyways so I think it wont be to bad.
Just pay the extra money now to get the locks matched. You are gonna end up paying double when you have to replace them again to match when you want to dump the car. I dont necessarily want to think that you want to save a quick buck either and then try to pull one over on the buyer.
Old 01-06-03, 06:23 PM
gs2fst4u
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by ThemisN

Just pay the extra money now to get the locks matched. You are gonna end up paying double when you have to replace them again to match when you want to dump the car. I dont necessarily want to think that you want to save a quick buck either and then try to pull one over on the buyer.
Well I was thinking of trading it in to the same place I bought it from for an LS 430. Im real cool with the guys that work there, do you think they might be able to overlook this? I can see what you mean about paying double because I would need to take them out again to get them to match. What bothers me is that I was just about to trade the car in and it bothers me that I have to spend the money when I could have applied that toward the new car. Thanks for your advice.
Old 01-06-03, 08:42 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Hey gs2fst4u,

Where in NJ are you located?

I would be glad to help you switch those door locks and handles. I have done it before. We can also remove the old locks first and go to a local locksmith and let them rekey the locks so all the keys match providing the key pins are not too damaged....we'll let the locksmith evaluate that. I bet its much cheaper then letting the lexus dealer do that.

Let me know where your located in NJ. I would be more then happy to help out a fellow NJ CL member (screw you CA guys j/k).

Let me know.
Old 01-06-03, 08:48 PM
gs2fst4u
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by GS4fun
Hey gs2fst4u,

Where in NJ are you located?

I would be glad to help you switch those door locks and handles. I have done it before. We can also remove the old locks first and go to a local locksmith and let them rekey the locks so all the keys match providing the key pins are not too damaged....we'll let the locksmith evaluate that. I bet its much cheaper then letting the lexus dealer do that.

Let me know where your located in NJ. I would be more then happy to help out a fellow NJ CL member (screw you CA guys j/k).

Let me know.
Well I'm located in Bergen County. Where are you? Thank you very much for the offer. That is very generous of you.
Old 01-06-03, 09:02 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Well I'm located in Bergen County. Where are you? Thank you very much for the offer. That is very generous of you.
Newark NJ...Essex County...what town in bergen county? Do they still have those blue laws (ie no liquor / electronics sale) on Sunday? Do you have a heated garage? It is a tad cold outside these days to do this outside.
Old 01-06-03, 09:30 PM
gs2fst4u
Driver School Candidate

Newark NJ...Essex County...what town in bergen county? Do they still have those blue laws (ie no liquor / electronics sale) on Sunday? Do you have a heated garage? It is a tad cold outside these days to do this outside.
lol, I work in Newark on Broad Street. Yeah that blue law sucks, You can get liquor tho after noon.
Old 01-06-03, 09:39 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

lol, I work in Newark on Broad Street. Yeah that blue law sucks, You can get liquor tho after noon.
Well just let me know when you wanna do this. I'll be more then happy to help you fix this.
Old 01-06-03, 09:46 PM
gs2fst4u
Driver School Candidate

Well just let me know when you wanna do this. I'll be more then happy to help you fix this.
Thanks. As soon as I buy the parts I'll IM you.

Quick Reply: Car Broken into! Help please!