GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Car Broken into! Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-03, 09:47 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by gs2fst4u

Thanks. As soon as I buy the parts I'll IM you.
Sounds like a plan.
Old 01-08-03, 11:45 PM
BlackRainGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My GS was broken into back in May. They broke my passenger side door lock,got in,and took my cell and police badge out of the console. Dealer installed new lock mechanism and new door handle. I was charged $450 which included labor and I still
use my original key.Can anyone tell me why the factory alarm didn't go off when the door lock was broken?The dealer had told me that it was because the thief was a professional and knew exactly how to avoid the alarm from sounding.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.
Old 01-09-03, 02:31 PM
gs2fst4u
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by BlackRainGS
My GS was broken into back in May. They broke my passenger side door lock,got in,and took my cell and police badge out of the console. Dealer installed new lock mechanism and new door handle. I was charged $450 which included labor and I still
use my original key.Can anyone tell me why the factory alarm didn't go off when the door lock was broken?The dealer had told me that it was because the thief was a professional and knew exactly how to avoid the alarm from sounding.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.
Yeah thats exactly what the dealer is quoting me per door. When I got to the car all the windows and the sunroof were open and the alarm did not go off as well. So I guess that this guy knew what he was doing. Now for some reason all the windows and sunroof open for no paticular reason at any time. Weird ah.
Old 01-12-03, 07:56 PM
BlackRainGS
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, that is weird. I came out of work and I noticed that my key would not disarm the factory alarm,and I know my doors were locked before I left the car. I searched around the car for broken glass,but nothing.Then I checked to see if maybe my trunk or hood were open,but nothing. Then I opened the driver door with my key and saw some cd's spread around the passenger floor.I got nervous and suspicious,so I checked my center console for my cell phone.It was gone along with my family member police badge.Here's a good one.So I called the JCPD and they took info from me and told me that an officer would not be down to write a report.They said they would call me at home and give me a claim number for my insurance co. A week went by,and no calls.I called back and they said my name was removed from their list. Now mind you,I couldn't lock my doors because the lock was broken,but they didn't seem to care.That meant I couldn't take my car anywhere.Fortunately,I have another car.That's when I called the dealer for a price.I went with it because of my $500 deductible.Guess what,still no calls!!!
Talk to ya later.
Old 01-12-03, 09:09 PM
ThemisN
Pole Position

Despite not being able to initially lock/unlock my car..I could stilldo this from within the car, and the next was able to do it from the remote again, albeit intermitantly. I could still, though, unlock it manually with the key from the outside on the drivers side door (it was the passenger side that was busted into).

So guess what..I still drove it around...in fact, beggin for it to disappear. No such luck.
Old 01-12-03, 09:26 PM
gs2fst4u
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by ThemisN
Despite not being able to initially lock/unlock my car..I could stilldo this from within the car, and the next was able to do it from the remote again, albeit intermitantly. I could still, though, unlock it manually with the key from the outside on the drivers side door (it was the passenger side that was busted into).

So guess what..I still drove it around...in fact, beggin for it to disappear. No such luck.
Yeah, I would have prefered them take the car and not cause the damage.
Old 01-15-03, 08:28 PM
BlackRainGS
Driver School Candidate

No matter what I tried,I couldn't lock my doors.They would just keep popping back open every time I tried them.Sometimes maybe I think that it would have been best if they had stolen the whole car,but what about the $10-$12K in aftermarket goodies that my insurance company doesn't know about?Later fellas!!!
Old 01-15-03, 08:46 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by BlackRainGS
No matter what I tried,I couldn't lock my doors.They would just keep popping back open every time I tried them.Sometimes maybe I think that it would have been best if they had stolen the whole car,but what about the $10-$12K in aftermarket goodies that my insurance company doesn't know about?Later fellas!!!
That would really suck..... I've been debating whether or not to tell my insurance company about the mods just in case my baby gets lost or abducted...

Last edited by MrSypher; 01-15-03 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-15-03, 11:12 PM
ThemisN
Pole Position

My insurance company knew about NONE of my aftermarket parts. I repeat NONE....and I got EVERY penny for em.

If they are bolted on the car, show your receipts, and pictures, and youll get your cash ...If you auto insurance wont give it to you, which they should, your homeowners will cover it.
Old 01-20-03, 08:08 PM
BlackRainGS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info. Usually insurance companies would send you to a shop where they can take pics of your claims and appraise the vehicle. I remember when I had my Mustang and I called my insurance co. to tell them I had rims,hood,stereo,etc., they sent me to a local body shop for pictures. Then the shop would send those pics to the insurance co. Thankfully I keep all my receipts and have many pics of my car. Thanks again all for your help.Take care.
Old 01-21-03, 03:05 AM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

this talk of stolen cars is gettin 2 me, anyone know of any real good alarm systems? im going to install a hood lock soon too, but a better alarm wouldnt hurt.
Old 01-21-03, 09:28 AM
ThemisN
Pole Position

I prefer Clifford. They have a wide range of types of alarm systems and add-ons.