GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Is this what I think it is? (link)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-03, 05:41 PM
cyclemax
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this what I think it is? (link)

Does this guy have LCD's in the back of his rear headrests? He's either interested in entertaining his fellow motorists or he's bling to the bling'th degree.

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...t=1&thecat=500
Old 01-06-03, 06:22 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting...what the hell is that? rear headrests don't come in my car, i tell ya that
Old 01-06-03, 06:32 PM
cyclemax
Lead Lap

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Exhibit "B".

Notice the wire in the left side headrest..
Old 01-06-03, 07:00 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

too funny
Old 01-06-03, 08:35 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Ive seen a BMW 3series with 9 TVs in it, two were in the back headrests, like those photos, and it did look somewhat ok. it was done very nicely. obviously a show car. those rear tvs have no purpose except for added points from judges or showing off to others in traffic.
these pics however.... no comment
Old 01-06-03, 08:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

even for show that's too much. to me there is quite a fine line of showing off and showing dumb @_@
Old 01-06-03, 08:49 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh..not another NYWIZARD taste thread!
Old 01-06-03, 09:11 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,393 Likes on 1,568 Posts

Money can't buy taste.
Old 01-07-03, 01:43 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

and it's also kinda hard for me to ignore the tv wires hanging out everywhere. I sure do miss the WIZARD
Old 01-07-03, 01:56 AM
LEXMATIC
Driver School Candidate

Default Show Car

What's up Lex members... That's my GS4 with the LCD's in the back headrests. I put the LCD's in the back for car shows to give me some extra points. Exaactly like another club member said in one of his comments. I know that some of you might not like it but I guess to all it's own. The car in front of me is NYWIZARD'S GS. Just hanging out and making some heads snap that night and figured we take some pictures. We never copied eachother since we met when our cars were already hooked to the max but I have to admit they sure do look good together... Well thanks for the comments guys and keep those pretty Lexos Bling Blingen...

P.S. NYWIZARD says that if anyone doesn't like his car you give him a time, place and a date at a car show. Make sure to back it up with with money in your pocket and make sure to bring a ATM card since you will be broke once you meet.

LEXMATIC

Last edited by LEXMATIC; 01-07-03 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-07-03, 03:51 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Lexmatic, Nice way of responding, most people would just get all nasty and say dumb things. one thing ive learned is everyone, well mostly everyone on Clublexus are actually really nice people.

well since we're on a show car / big baller type topic. what does everyone think of this idea.....

Im in the process of tring to find some COACH fabric to re-cover part of my door panels. i have a black interior RX. so if u know what the doors look like there is a small portion i want to recover with the black COACH signature fabric. (the one with all the C's on it) any comments?
Old 01-07-03, 07:12 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by cyclemax
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Exhibit "B".

Notice the wire in the left side headrest..
lol
Old 01-07-03, 08:20 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No one is going to go out and try to compete with you on any shows. All the import shows I went to in my area promote the industry rather then simply looking at a taste/class issues. For example, you would notice that people with more visual mods colors and chrome win. It does not matter that it looks nasty to 90% of the people but judges would give you more points just to make others buy more crap that they see on those shows.

Personally I think that NYWIZARD's GS makes us all look pretty damn bad. I could name so many things that look completely wrong on that GS from designer's point of view that it's not even funny. If you are into extreme bling and say that you have all that money, buy a set of original Davins. Not only that would turn heads but you would actually get props from people who also mod their cars. Give your car to a limousine shop so they could re-upholster the interior into suede and some italian leather with smooth color scheme. If instead you choose to put down your car and mod it like it's a Honda, you'll never get any props on here.

I have not seen your car so I am not going to comment. There are just too many ways to mod cars, win shows, and still have bling with style without making your car look like a Civic with wide bodykit.
Old 01-07-03, 12:47 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Show Car

Originally posted by LEXMATIC
What's up Lex members... That's my GS4 with the LCD's in the back headrests. I put the LCD's in the back for car shows to give me some extra points. Exaactly like another club member said in one of his comments. I know that some of you might not like it but I guess to all it's own. The car in front of me is NYWIZARD'S GS. Just hanging out and making some heads snap that night and figured we take some pictures. We never copied eachother since we met when our cars were already hooked to the max but I have to admit they sure do look good together... Well thanks for the comments guys and keep those pretty Lexos Bling Blingen...

P.S. NYWIZARD says that if anyone doesn't like his car you give him a time, place and a date at a car show. Make sure to back it up with with money in your pocket and make sure to bring a ATM card since you will be broke once you meet.

LEXMATIC
I agree, it's pretty cool to come on here on not start cussing people out, but why is it that NYWIZARD can't speak for himself?Back when they had the comment feature enabled in the gallery he was called out soooooo many times to post his ride up in the forums and get opinions, but he NEVER had the cojones to do it. Because he knows he would get beat down for acting cocky with that bastardized Lex of his(what a shame). Pretty sad.
Old 01-07-03, 03:31 PM
LEXMATIC
Driver School Candidate

Default DJ SprinklesNJO

Im actually thinking about putting on the same thing... I know a guy on Queens Blvd. that is will to redo all the paneling, visors and the middle of the seats for 2100. If you're interested PM me and I will give you the whole scoop on it. I have to tell you I've seen a Ford Expedition that they did with all coach and it looks hot.

My best friend just put 24' Davins on his Escalade EXT and did a 5 1/2' drop with a full body kit. It looks unbelievable! Let me tell you when we ride in it and when those rims keep spinning on Times Square, necks snap so bad that they need braces afterwards, lol. The rims that he has cost 16k and let me tell you that's a lot of $$$$$$$$ to be spending on rims, not including all the other custom stuff he did to the car. What kills me the most he doesn't compete his truck in shows he just does it for him self.....

LEXMATIC =+)

Last edited by LEXMATIC; 01-07-03 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Is this what I think it is? (link)